1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Russell Wilson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Feb 20, 2024.

1. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

ummmm - as an UPGRADE over the CRAP we have, to be clear.

as a guy that might be able to win us a playoff game. Do you like to win?

I do.......

MY PREFERENCE STILL is to trade for Fields or sign Cousins for 2 years.

hope that helps.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    One teams garbage is another teams treasure.

Broncos paying Russ 39 million to play against them. Something to keep in mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    Yeah, Dulac's reporting has been horrible this year. All these headlines from this offseason from other people quoting a "Source" close to the Steelers alot of the times have been from Dulac.

Last week Dulac was on the Rich Eisen show where he said that Kenny was the Steelers starting QB, and there would be competition for the QB1 spot this year. He also said that the Steelers were not interested in bringing in any veteran QBs like Wilson or Cousins. Dulac's assumption about competition is coming from Art Rooney's statement after the season about the Steelers wanting Mason back, and there would be QB competition this year in camp for Kenny.

There is not going to be a competition for QB1 if Russell Wilson is signed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Cousins will not be cheap.....

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    So much for competition at QB1. I think Wilson is overrated, but he's won a Super Bowl and been to 2. Barring injury, Wilson will be the starter week 1 in September.

This is an odd move for the Steelers, IMHO. Not their typical MO.

6. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    The steelers have a new GM since 1-2 year,so it's normal that things can change....And for me the steelers way don't work anymore too

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I hear ya BF but I think that Sean Peyton just didn't like Russ and that led to them moving on. Russ didn't fit his program and they hired him to rebirth their program.

I thought Russ was wshed but I can't ignore the numbers he put up.

8. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Here it goes, (I don't know how this is going to land)

R wilson would be a 2nd qb coach and the steelers resign Mason. So Wilson wld be 3rd on the depth chart behind Mason and Pickett who will battle it out for qb 1. As it stands now, looking at the arc of Picketts career, he is a good to very good back up qb. BUT he will be given a chance to start this year w new offensive coordinator. Mason will be given a fair shot as well but he will be #2. Let them battle it out and if Pickett proves the doubters wrong and starts putting up Mason like #s 120 qbr, 20 plus point per game, well then he has earned qb 1 and we will ride that wave. If not, than Mason will start either by outplaying Pickett in preseason or by at least week 3 or 4. I see us making a playoff run w Rudolph as qb. And Wilson as 2nd qb coach and Pickett as back up.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    no

- but he is the best of the lot, READY to drive this team to some playoff wins, don't you think?

fill in a few cracks and we can compete.

10. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I think you're right, if it were to happen, it would possibly be a benefit to Pickett. Plus, the Steelers would have a chance to provide Pickett with a mentor in Russ, then see what they really have in him going forward.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Russell Wilson is not a mentor....If you think that Ben Roethlisberger was a bad mentor,wait for Wilson!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Lol wilson is not signing here to coach young guys and sit on the bench. Good lord

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I don't know him, so I can't comment one way or the other. And I don't think you do either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I was referring to him being the starter and mentor. He definately won't sign up to be any teams bench warmer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    I think even Rooney has had it for "Their typical MO" The Steelers are ready for a year where "The Standard is NOT the Standard". :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    If we sign an outside FA to start ahead of Pickett, his time as the starter is probably done. We aren't bringing in someone to mentor our failed pick, we're bridging the gap to find his replacement. Just my opinion of course.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It goes back before this year. He wrote before the 2022 draft that there was only one quarterback the Steelers would consider in the first round. Then the morning of the draft, he said it would be Malik Willis. After they took Pickett, Dulac claimed that the team had first-round grades on multiple quarterbacks. It's not just that he keeps getting things wrong. He won't even acknowledge his mistakes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I'm hoping the Khan/Weidl combo is a bit of a new direction for us. The status quo could be changing from a FO stand point and I see this as a good thing. They appear to be far more aggressive than the old guard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't see how they can fix Pickett by benching him. I thought the "failed pick" label was premature, but if they sign Wilson, it probably isn't. I think it signals that they have given up on him.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    If you look up hot garbage in the dictionary there is a fold out illustration of Russel Wilson (in front of his pick up truck)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  21. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

correct

22. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

no, not fix him

be done with him

some here have said as much.........

only Tomlin, Pickett and about 5 people here think he is the 'the guy'

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Nobody is sure he is the guy. Some of us are smart enough to put last season in context and realize that he still could be the guy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Kobaly implied in an article for The Athletic that meeting with Wilson would be Khan doing his due diligence and maybe putting some pressure on Rudolph to re-sign sooner rather than later.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Stormy Buonantony (Smoke show) co- host of the betting show Lombardi Line with Michael Lombardi, gets frustrated with Dulac for his changing of opinions. Her show is based on giving the viewers the best information on betting and Dulac writing in stone that the Steelers are going to do something and then 48 hours later saying something completely different is messing with the information her and Lombardi give their viewers.

• Like Like x 2