1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

IF STEELERS GO FOR FIELDS

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelpens65, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Once again, Arthur Smith was HC and passed on Fields in the draft and opted for a TE instead. Do you think Fields has played so lights out that Smith wants him now? Wow, really?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    He did but might still have his job in ATL had he not done so. QB play here cost him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    So Fields wouldve been the Falcons savior? I doubt it, one or two levels up from KFP, but still sucks

4. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Also, why are da Bears giving up on such a future franchise qb to draft a head case in Williams? Oh, my bad Williams is the next Mahommes.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I didn't comment on the Bears, I commented on Smith's passing over Fields and losing his job due to poor QB play in ATL. That's a fact. Also, the Bears have proven themselves to be a place where QBs fail.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

I think the Fields trade is happening. DJ and maybe a 3rd? I think the Steelers would go for that.

Doesn’t say they are shopping him, just would be open to it for the right deal. Khan has made that clear a number of times, he will do what is necessary to improve the club.

7. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    And i just said, looking at how Fields has played, is it really a big loss to the Falcons not drafting him? I agree with you a place where qbs fail, yet some want another Chicago Bust?

8. RipTydz

RipTydz Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    What did he have on offense to work with his first 2 years as far as WR/TEs...let me help, not much. They traded for DJ Moore last year and he looker better. Didn't have much in the way of RB help either. He got drafted into a poor situation with a poor coaching staff.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    I miss Big Ben

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Once again, not on the qb, all the coaches fault. No responsibility whatsoever today for one’s actions! Oh wait , unless they do something good it is all them. Unreal

11. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I didnt say anything about wanting him to play in Pittsburgh, again, I responded to your comment about Smith and ATL. And yes, Fields could have been the QB with the weapons that the Falcons have that would have Smith still be with them. Neither of us knows because it didn't happen. ATL has a better offense than the Bears, I don't think that's arguable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Nobody wants a Chicago bust, the people who want Fields obviously believe in him as a QB. I want to see Pickett get a real shot with a legit OC but I won’t weep if they end up with Fields. Difference of opinion about him, no big deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    If we get Fields, Steelers will be the first team in NFL history to have 2 first round busts at the same time under their first contracts!

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    If they see him as a potential franchise qb , why oh why is the Bears going to give up on him for a head case in Williams? Thanks but no thanks

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Well, the ATL is also in talks for Fields

16. RipTydz

RipTydz Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    I never said nothing was on the QB but i gave examples of why he may not have succeeded in the Bears system. Same can be said for any QB who goes to the Browns. In Fields 3 yrs with the Bears, he has had 2 head coaches and 2 offensive systems to learn. I did say he has gotten better over his 3yrs with the Bears aswell.

With Pickett, we had the same head coach and kept the same OC in Canada who Pickett went to bat for which kept consistency for him. Look how that worked out. Pickett just doesn't see the field well and the WRs are directly aware of this...hence their displeasure during the year. They have now went to bat for Mason Rudolph in the off season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    KFP has many many bad traits in the pocket

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m not convinced they will. If they are smart they’d trade out of that spot and build around Fields with the windfall that pick would bring in.

If they do trade him to pick Williams, obviously they see him as an upgrade to Fields the same way Khan would see Fields as an upgrade over Pickett.

But also, it’s the Bears, the same organization that gave us a 2nd rd pick for Claypool.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Because they make terrible picks at Qb. A lot of places are where Qbs fail....until they get a good Qb. Example I heard for years that Texans ruined Qbs, and they never had enough talent....in walked CJ Stroud, and bam the team was completely different. Some Qb can carry, and some must be carried.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
  20. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Maybe they are negotiating Diontae Johnson for another player. We have no idea if Khan really talked to the Bears or if he is even talking or negotiating for Fields.

It can be fun or scary to think what can happen, but there is no way to know for sure what is going on.

We just have to wait until something actually happens.

21. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    The Texans were actually pretty good and on the way up until they fire Bill O'Brien and got rid of Watson's main target. Now it appears that they have things back in place to be successful. I agree that some can carry and others have to be carried but management can screw up things when they set them up for failure.

• Like Like x 1
  22. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I miss Terry Bradshaw.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Pickett got drafted into a bad situation, too, but he hasn't even gotten a third season to try to turn things around.

24. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    If i was da Bears, I would draft Marvin Harrison Jr with the 1st pick. Give Fields an absolute weapon, def would pass on Caleb.

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If they got Fields, they would probably trade Pickett IMO.

• Like Like x 1