1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dulac: Steelers Appear To Have Some ‘Internal Division’ Regarding Starting QB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Feb 17, 2024.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    upload_2024-2-19_17-19-40.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Here is the internal division. The management loves picket because they drafted him #1. While the players, fans , assistant coaches , and stats say Mason is better

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Reached in the first round and now we have to watch this crap for at least 3 years.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Bears CB is a free agent, I don't see a trade happening there.

5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Two guys not to listen to is Dulac and King :rolleyes:.

6. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Glazer and Schefter were speculating on Tomlin's future before the end of the season, neither one of them were right.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Why not a former super bowl mvp?

8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I guess they didn't watch Flacco melt down in the playoffs and show his age.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Link?

10. Huck Finn

Huck Finn Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2023
    I think it's safe to say: If Kenny played for the Pats in the same years as Brady, he would fail immensely compared to what Brady got accomplished, like on an astronomical level.

11. Huck Finn

Oct 22, 2023
    It's also a matter of degrees. The Steelers take stubborn/bull headedness to an epic level. Once they make a decision on someone being a high draft pick or getting a big contract, it takes ages and ages before that player gets demoted. Do you think the 9ers would put up with Kenny's horrid play for this long? They promoted the last player taken in the 2022 draft to replace a guy they gave up like 3 1st rounders to get. Do you really see Tomlin/Rooney doing that? Of course while we were being slobber knockered by the Bills the 9ers were on their way to the Super Bowl.

12. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I wasn't comparing the two. I think we can all be sure he would not have anywhere near the career of Brady, but that wasn't my point. My question was how good would Brady look if his first two years in the NFL was in the Matt Canada system. Matt Canada was a historically bad OC. I think most of the really successful QBs have a combination of their own skills and drive and the right environment and opportunity around them. Make all the conclusions you want about Kenny's skill and drive, but you have to admit the offense he was dropped into has been awful, especially for a QB new to the NFL. Horrible OC, bad O line play, bad running game for most of his starts and selfish, unreliable receivers that take plays off. I am not going to tell you Kenny is going to make it. He may never turn the corner. But what I will say is that he was dropped into a bad situation and may actually be better than some think.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Who they were at the end of their college careers is what matters. I'm sorry you don't understand that, either.

Also, your claim regarding their final seasons does not hold up. In their final seasons, Pickett completed a higher percentage of his passes for more touchdowns and fewer interceptions. Rudolph had a small edge in yards per pass attempt, but that's it.

Pickett was also a threat to run, including a long touchdown run in the ACC Championship Game. Rudolph was not.

14. Huck Finn

Oct 22, 2023
    You won't catch me sticking up for the OC, team, play calling or HC in Kenny's career here. In my opinion, Kenny was/is a major part of the problem but certainly not ALL of it, but PART of it for sure. He can't read a D, locks onto to only his primary receiver (including to RBs on screen plays which is why they don't work), scrambles before there is even reason to, is inaccurate with his passes and is brittle. (But other than that is super good!) We will find out more this season how much is Kenny's fault, I got a feeling.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That QB room is getting damn crowded.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Despite your claim, ESPN has a higher rating of 170.6 for Rudolph than Pickett with 165.3. This is mainly because Rudolph threw for 4904 yards to Pickett 4319. That’s almost 700 yards more. You are bound to have more completion on shorter throws. I also contend Mason played tougher schedule. Only idiots would discount the full scope of someone’s career. That’s how you draft busts like Trubisky and Pickett.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Pickett averaged 9.7 yards per attempt that year at Pitt. He wasn't living on short stuff. Once again, your ignorance is showing.

It's funny how you want to make a big deal about touchdown passes unless that works against your argument. You really aren't very good at this at all.

By your logic, I guess the Bengals were idiots to take Joe Burrow, who also wasn't very good until his final season.

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016

Here is the video of Dulac's appearance on Rich Eisen's show. It became clear that he had no new information when he wrote about internal division. He admitted that he was talking about players, but really, that's only Johnson. He claimed it was Pickens, too, but I haven't heard or read comments from him. Dulac claimed there might be division in the front office, but he had no information to back that up.

As I mentioned, he also backtracked on his claim that the team wasn't going to bring in a quarterback who wants to be a starter, saying they might go after Fields because they loved him when he was drafted. Once again, this shows that Dulac is full of it.

Worst of all, he couldn't even keep the sequence of events this season straight. He claimed that the loss to the Browns came after the losses to the Cardinals and Patriots and that streak had the team considering benching Pickett. Of course, the loss to the Browns was two weeks before the game against the Cardinals and it was followed by Pickett playing very well and the offense racking up 400 yards against the Bengals. I'm not sure if Dulac made things up or just got confused, but he made a fool of himself in that moment. I can understand why Eisen didn't catch it in the moment, instead trusting the guy who covers the Steelers, but that is an inexcusable error by Dulac.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    I am still waiting for Arthur Smith to say something about the QB position.

Actually, I am holding out hope That Arthur Smith can take charge of the QB position, and tell Tomlin what he wants to do, and NOT follow Tomlin's lead in deciding what the Steelers do this offseason and who is QB1.

20. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    You are right, I am 100% confused on that video. First I thought he was confusing the Colts game, with the Cleveland game, but then he goes on to state that if this had been September Kenny Picket would have played the next game. Kenny Picket was out with his surgery and was not even able to play the following weeks. Is he getting Mitch and Kenny confused; because he was trying to say Mason replaced Kenny?

I don't think Dulac had Mitch playing any games last year. He thinks Mason replaced Kenny at the end of the season, not remembering that Kenny was out with surgery on his ankle.

21. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    The only reason why the Browns were still in the game after the first half was because of Flacco....The Browns defense were just awful once again on the road,the texans had 24 points in the first half

Of course,I don't want Flacco as one of the option but I can't blame him for the game vs texans....

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Smith was not better to take charge at the QB position...He change so many time the QB last year with Atlanta...This is the worst thing to do...

23. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    You just pulled out of your ass that Pickett had a better final year than Mason when everything considered, Mason had a higher qb rating that one year that you crow about. Both ratings are good and Mason’s is slightly better. Then you follow that up usual name calling. The bottom line is Pickett hasn't shown very little that he is starting caliber QB. He belongs in the heap pile of Kent Graham, Cliff Stoudt, Mark Malone etc...notch below Tommy Maddox, Bubby Brister, NOD...and I think Mason belongs in the second group.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    joe just needed to be in the right situation. he was good prior but he wasn't tim teebo that the idiot coach wanted him to be. joe was good in high school. i watched him. the cream rises to the top. not that i discount what you are saying but he was good is all. just misused. square peg in round hole of ohio states idiot coach. not what he wanted. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    to me kenny is showing early traits of david carr. was a good qb or could have been but was pummled into seeing ghosts. kenny changed after some sacks right before our eyes. can that be fixed? who knows? i hope so i like the kid but this is the nfl, ya know, not for long if it doesn't change for him. he's cheap right now on a rookie deal. we can speculate til the cows come home. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1