1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rudolph indicates he wants a fresh start

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 11, 2024.

1. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

I concur - i know these threads are all BROKEN RECORDS at this point.

I will re-iterate that I think we will make a BIG MOVE (and possibly towards Fields), and I am warming up to it.......

Kenny ain't no QB answer to advance us anywhere next season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    And a pretty bad 1st qtr against the Bills and then a terrible interception in the 2nd qtr with an opportunity to cut the lead to 14-7.

Didn’t start putting points on the board until they were down 21-0.

3. Philofarnsworth79

Philofarnsworth79 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2019
    It's pretty bad to ignore the reason the Steelers were even in the playoffs & had a chance to win the game also... Rudolph was not responsible for the 1st qt fumble & only partially responsible for the int which he marched the Steelers down to the end zone in the first place... The designed play should have never been called in the first place & the receiver ran a bad route,,, Rudolph shouldn't have thrown it but you & scribe just make the most absurd excuses at this point.. They had chance to win that game and Rudolph was a major reason for it...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Funny how you are whining about others making excuses while, in the very same post, you are making excuses.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

some minds are made up, don't confuse them with the facts!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    The interception was all on Rudolph. He had to either put that closer to the sideline or not throw it at all, it was 2nd down, that was a major blunder. You would never in a million years give Pickett a pass for that.

That first qtr he looked like the Rudolph from 2018, you think that is coincidence given the quality in the opponent he faced was much higher?

Scribe and myself have criticized Pickett plenty, I have never seen you criticize Rudolph. Hell, I’m may even be in favor of bringing in Fields if the price is right to replace Pickett. Not saying that is the right move but just highlighting the difference on how I regard Pickett and how You regard Rudolph. You think he is the guy to lead this team to a SB and I have doubts on Picketts ceiling and if he can lead this team or not.

I absolutely do think Pickett will play significantly better this season and feel he is a better QB then Rudolph. He will never elevate his game enough to win consistently in this league with his style of play. He’s not remotely on the level of other successful pocket passers of the past.

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I have no problem with people who think Pickett is a bad QB but it’s comical to think Rudolph is a starting QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    what most are arguing is that 1:1, he is the better option.

I am of the opinion that the Brass is going outside the organization to make a big splash with someone - either FA or big move in the draft.

and I am of the opinion that Rudolph MAY be blossoming.......and that another organization will reap that benefit and some will be back in a few years here to say I told you so. the FUN of a message board. ;)

he showed talent in those final 4 games.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. So Mason had no rust when they had Him play. LoL

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Agreed

And I also like clicking my ruby red slippers

upload_2024-2-12_15-6-50.jpeg

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Nope

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok 5 pages of this and no where is there any indication Mason said this

I’m calling :bscow: on the OP

13. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    My understanding is that it’s Schefter or one of the other insiders putting this out there and if there is anything to it it’s coming from Masons agent. It could just be a tactic to try to get the steelers to make him an offer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    1st DK said all this is bull$hit.
    2nd . Some people were so wrong about Mason...with even the evidence in their faces they refuse to see. They would actually rather we not be good at all at the Qb position than to say....hmm....I may have been wrong about him.
    KFP didn't play because He may have had rust.....LoL...., but a Qb that hadn't played in over a year didn't have rust???
    Mason played against terrible Defenses, and apparently KFP only played against the top3 Defense in the league. LoL. I guess it's especially hard for some that predicted 2 years ago He'd be out of the league.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Philofarnsworth79

Oct 6, 2019
    Comical is looking at the stats of the last 4 games & saying that. Comical is watching the designed play & route where the receiver doesn't cut back to pylon & let's dB cut in-between to intercept the pass & claiming its "all on Rudolph"... Comical is being incapable of giving Rudolph any credit for what he & the Steelers accomplished over the last 4 games & then claiming some semblance of objectivity... Plenty of things to critic about Rudolph in his previous performances prior to this year but it's hard to imagine many other Qbs doing much better than he did over the last 4 games considering the circumstances... feilds is an absolute no,,, now cousins,,,well I could entertain that...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Philofarnsworth79

Oct 6, 2019
    Lmao... EXACTLY... you win the message board today ...

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He isn't posting facts. He is posting excuses for Rudolph and opinions. Words mean things.

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Well it’s a lame assed tactic

I don’t want to play for you I want to play somewhere else so you better give me an offer

Let’s sign a hostage

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Come on, STD. You know better than this. When they turned to Rudolph, it was a desperation move. It was grasping at straws. The choice was to stick with Trubisky or play Rudolph. Pickett wasn't available.

By the time Pickett was an option, they had the choice of sticking with the hot hand or going to a starter who hadn't played in a month. All things were not equal. How do y'all not know that?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There you go making excuses again.

21. Philofarnsworth79

Oct 6, 2019
    First "fanboy" now "excuses"... I'll be writing your posts for u b4 too long lmao

22. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    This is what agents and insiders do this time of year, there is nothing else to write about. Guys like Schefter are literally paid to put stuff like this out there to keep the NFL in the news. It’s means nothing

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Guess I’m not as impressed with a couple of games throwing for around 250 yards as you are. But hey, maybe 31 other teams will be blown away this year by mediocre and give him a starting job, build their team around super Rudy.

What exactly do you think Johnson was supposed to do on that play? The play is designed for the ball to be there when he comes as out of his break and instead Rudolph put it in the only spot the defender could make a play on it. Go watch the play and look at the death stare Johnson gives Rudolph after that pick. You can’t even put the blame where it belongs, Rudolph can do no wrong in your eye’s even when he admits he needed to put that on the outside so only Johnson could make a play on it.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Clearly this was directed at me since I am the one who predicted he would be out of football soon which if not for the lifeline the Steelers threw him would have happened last season. Rudolph admitted as much he was considering going into real estate after a humbling free agency period.

Can’t believe you are still accusing people of not being able to admit they are wrong.

25. Philofarnsworth79

Oct 6, 2019
    You go watch the play again it's not an out route for fs sake and that's what he ran... you can't run an out in that location as it would never have the space to be open. . This is pee wee league football stuff... We agree rudolph shouldn't have thrown it but they shouldn't have been throwing there anyways... It's just more of your sh!t on rudolph for NO REASON bs...

After what we've watched for 2 season you " not being impressed " is just more of the same... Rudolph was playing at the top of the league for those games Qbr backs that up.. 90% completions rates happen all the time... lol. Well if Rudolph leaves we can all remember what true mediocrity looks like,,, that's for sure... Glad you'll be happy about it ..