1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rudolph indicates he wants a fresh start

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I still believe the best option for Kenny Pickett is Ryan Tannehill. Tannehill will be able to come in and show Kenny how to best run Arthur Smiths offense. The 2 of them will work together in making the team better.

With Mason, I believe it is going to be the Mason vs Kenny show with supporters on each side splitting the team.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The proof as they say is in the pudding. Bigk was cleared to play, but sat on the bench

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I think the last line you wrote really makes sense. I get every QB wants that opportuinty, realistically MR likely knows he is not going to get a real look as a starter wherever he goes, but if he gets a shot at a place with a Rookie QB he at least has an opportunity to start the season and be heavily relied on for experience. Yea he could compete here and be the one who fans and even teammates growl for when things go bad, but it may be a complete crap environment in the short term.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    My advise to Rudolph would be to get Arthur Smith behind him. Do everything he can to get Arthur Smith in his corner, and he might have a fighting chance of beating Kenny Pickett and Mike Tomlin.

Before Mason signs he needs to sit down and have a long talk with Arthur Smith.

5. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    What is he expected to say?

6. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Tannehill will probably be our QB. if Kenny still sucks. How soon will they yank Kenny. If they do, they might as well get rid of him.They probably need to draft a QB every year till we find the next great QB.Tannehill is ok, but I don't think he is awesome. Really need a new CENTER..........

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I can’t imagine he can go to a much better situation I mean KP is arguably the worst starting QB in the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    Agreed - against two bad defenses and a third team resting starters.

I appreciated his contributions, but I think some are giving a little too much credit for that 3 game stretch.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Where in this article did Mason quote that

I can’t find it

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Washington
    New Orleans
    Tennessee
    Carolina
    NY Giants
    LV Raiders

Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
  11. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I honestly do not know if that's possible, I guess discussions might happen around the league 'as friends', but I wonder if the CBA and league rules state anything about this type of thing. Guess what I'm thinking is business vs. personal interaction. As a FA he is no longer really associated with the Steelers, what limits or boundaries are in place (if any) to avoid conflict in possible future negotiations.

12. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    Why say that unless he has indications that he can get a starting gig somewhere.

Or maybe the new OC made it clear he wants a “mobile” QB? Yeah, we know how that went last couple years

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Again, if this report is true then maybe they informed him they plan to bring in Tannenhill which would put Rudolph back at number 3. At least to start the season anyway. Then he needs Kenny to fail and then for Tannenhill to play like Trubisky and then he can get on the field. I’m sure he isn’t interested in that path.

• Like Like x 1
  14. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Maybe Atlanta, Denver, or Raiders? Always interesting having FA before the draft so those later in the first can’t count on a QB they like being there.

15. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    They are quoting the “insiders”. Considering the source, my guess his agent is putting it out there to see if he can generate any serious interest outside Pittsburgh.

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Not picking on you but this is another click bait bull****?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Philofarnsworth79

Philofarnsworth79 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2019
    He clearly took Picketts job, it's apparent to everyone except a handful of kfp fans who apparently care nothing about winning...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Philofarnsworth79

Oct 6, 2019
    Sorry to the KP fans but this is just a negotiating tactic... Why would MR go anywhere else when he would easily be the best Qb in Pittsburgh & has already taken the job once... You couldn't blame him though considering the treatment he's gotten there... Why would Pittsburgh let MR go when they could carry the momentum from the end of this season into next... This offense under Rudolph along with the D wins football games... it's that simple... Imagine where they'd have finished if Tomlin didn't have his best Qb sitting the bench all yr..

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Tell us all about all of the fanboys again

I like that story grandma

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Well if Mason leaves he won't be buried at the #3 position and will get a solid pay raise. Good luck to him.

He was the most poised of the 3. And why did Tomlin even though Pickett was cleared not start him? Didn't trust him to keep the winning season streak alive? But he's QB 1 obviously.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    So the Steelers don’t care about winning :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  22. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I am pretty sure that Tomlin made it clear that for the Playoff game Kenny Picket was QB 1 and Mason was QB 2. Even though Mason was starting he was not QB1 for the team.

Not a clue why Tomlin is taking a hard line constantly stating that Mason Rudolph is NOT QB 1.

• Like Like x 2
  23. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    At this point I just assume everything is :poopy: unless there is evidence otherwise. The ESPN insiders are typically aligned with agents so there is typically an agenda behind it. Until FA actually opens and offers/signings happen this is speculation

• Winner Winner x 2
  24. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I do agree with this. Ryan also has the history of starting as well.

25. Philofarnsworth79

Oct 6, 2019
    I purposely left fanboys out so I didn't hurt your sensitive feelings...