1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How is your summary of the season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by DIzzyG3015, Jan 15, 2024.

1. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Seems to have been a running theme this year, same way Holcomb got injured. It was a weird season, that's for sure

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Steel Music

Steel Music Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2018
    And that is the problem. Never any real expectations. Winning the Superbowl...no. winning a playoff game in the last 7 years...I don't think that's asking too much.

How do you feel about Mike McCarthy?

3. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Vegas.

4. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    Another in-season collapse against garbage teams, another wild-card disaster, Tomlin back again anyway - same asi t ever was.

Apparently 5 playoff humiliations in a row isn't enough for the Steelers.

I'm not that angry at the loss, I'm angry at the apathy and the habitual resistance to change and the lack of urgency to make changes.

This team needs to wake up.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
  5. Pappy928

Pappy928 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2019
    DK broke down total plays by Washington and Jones. He was curious the comparison from this year to their college days. Jones played doubled the snaps this year (had the most snaps in preseason of any player). Washington was more than Double.

I'm sure they were feeling it physically and mentally.

6. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    If Burrow was healthy the Steelers would have been in last place. I fully expect last place in the coming years.

7. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    The product we watch most weeks would agree with this statement however Tomlin always finds a way to keep them slightly over .500 it’s the most amazing magic trick I’ve ever seen. Of course the magic is poof gone as soon as a postseason game against a good team kicks off

8. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    add
    DJ scoring TDs this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    season summary
    similar

10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    100 % agree with first part of statement but I'm sure you have noticed things that are suppose to happen in the NFL don't. While we may not have a franchise QB for awhile, that doesn't mean we won't be competitive. There are SB winners without franchise QB's. We just have to be that blind squirrel.

11. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Sure, let's blame the guy that makes the team go 1-11 when he doesn't play. It's all his fault.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    5-1 in the best division in football was a success. In that scenario, this team deserved to make the playoffs. Overcame a lot of injuries, and a QB/OC circus. Slight improvement over last year. Lots of room for improvement but I think this team overall exceeded most expectations of both fans and the media.

13. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    7th year in a row with 0 playoff wins. Steelers are exceeding expectations?

We all know they went 5-1 because Joe Burrow got hurt and the Ravens played the practice squad week 18. Come on

14. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Wins are wins. They very nearly swept the AFC North. Beat Vegas's predictions again for win totals and many fans predictions as well. Certainly had a few brutal games they should have won or at least played better in, but every team has those games. I don't count losing to a very good Buffalo team on the road as a failure, regardless of what has happened in years past. Did it all with a suspect QB room and a decimated middle of the defense, firing the OC mid-season, and a fair amount of drama with a number of players. So, yes, all things considered, they performed above what most reasonable football fans/experts predicted given the circumstances surrounding this particular season.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    We have talent, but the coaching has been subpar for a number of years now, whether it’s been Canada or fichtner or Austin or butler or the HC himself Tomlin, they’ve all been subpar.

Still waiting for that deep playoff run that’s expected of a “great” coach like Tomlin

16. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    We are far away from that Lombardi. If we had Mahomes as QB, we would have a chance.

Mahomes and a tweak on defense here and there away from a Super Bowl, LOL.

Until then, we can put on a token playoff team show.

17. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    You have valid points for this year but I am looking at years past as well.

18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    After taking a little time to reflect and watch these other teams in the playoffs, the Steelers are a long way from being any threat to winning another SB and it starts with coaching, obviously. We need a top notch QB in the worst way possible. Rudolph and Pickett look like stop gaps at best. Trubisky is a CFLer at best. My least concern is our running game. It was showing strong signs of life the wholes second half of the season. Minkah played his best Casper the ghost impression but he had to cover up for many injuries when he wasn’t injured himself. MLB’s are bad plain and simple but they had lots of injuries all around. Biggest problem I see though is MIke Tomlin still loses the most winnable games on the schedule and that kills all momentum. He needs to realize that the goal MUST be to try and get a bye week in the playoffs and he doesn’t show that throughout the season. Albeit, we weren’t getting it anyway this year with the rats playing so well.