1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Not a lot outside of Pittsburgh giving us much chance

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Snake, Jan 12, 2024.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. You know You are trolling. Just admit it.
    For You people that have forgotten. Bradshaw went to the SB, and won , and He had more ints than TDs in the playoffs. Tom Brady went to the SB , and won where He had more ints than tds in the playoffs. You know the difference.....they both had Defense that didn't give up over 30 points a game average in the playoffs. So this does make Your point pretty lame.
    Also the points that Ben's playoffs td, and Ints rate is almost equal with most so called elite, and HOF Qb also make Your point pretty wrong. Although You probably won't remember this , or read it all the way through....because it doesn't support what You WANT to think. LoL

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    I don't disagree with you on that but relax a bit lol even if you disagree with someone else!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What Me , and @jeh1856 are old friends. We can disagree, and not hate each other. We come from a less soft time....He even more than Myself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Yeah. The Stone Age I believe they called it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Let me put the shoe on the other foot. Suppose the Steelers had the home game. They had the better record and a Big Ben type QB. The team they were playing was starting their 3rd string QB and were gonna miss a DPOY player for the game. Would anyone here think a 10 pt line was insane? Would anyone give the other side a chance? This is how outsiders are seeing this game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    After watching the AFC Championship game against the Chargers.....my answer would be ....Yes.

7. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Yeah that was a low moment for our beloved Steelers… giving up two TDS to a third string no-name TE that celebrated with some sort of pineapple-themed nonsense. Still hurts

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Alfred Pupunu had 1 TD , and was San Diego’s leading TE. The other TD was by wr Tony Martin, who had the most receiving yds on that team. SD were only 6 pt dogs. Steelers blew the game, but they blew to SD’s best guys, not their 3rd string Jabronis

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    My bad only one TD to that TE. Still I’d argue that Alfred Pupuna and Francisco Cabrera are two names that Pittsburgh fans remember that no one else in the nation does.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    David Volek

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Ugh another gut punch memory

12. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Pass the Dutchie

13. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    The odds are hugely stacked against Pittsburgh. That's just the reality of it. In fact, there are many, many good reasons to think the game should be a cakewalk for the Bills. That having been said, I still think the Steelers have a shot of winning, and a far greater shot than the national media is willing to consider. I think they underestimate just how much this team traditionally thrives on being the underdog.

I think they also underestimate just how much this group of players are motivated right now - whether it's by getting Cam a ring before he retires, saving Tomlin's job, or making sure Mason doesn't have to go into real estate - these things matter and can change the tone of a game in ways that cannot be tabulated.

And of course, as the old saying goes - any given Sunday!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    upload_2024-1-13_16-54-56.jpeg

15. Rocky Mtn

Rocky Mtn Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2023
    Can I borrow a 100?

16. Rocky Mtn

Dec 31, 2023
    The recent road game experience sure doesn't hurt either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. HueyWorley

HueyWorley Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    A Steelers win is definitely possible, but I think it will take a monster game by Rudolph. Everyone is talking about the run game, but the real unknown is whether Rudolph can continue his meteoric and recent rise. For the win, I think Rudolph needs 300 yards and 3 TDs. Not impossible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rocky Mtn

Dec 31, 2023
    They need to find a way to rattle Allen and have him do stupid stuff. Mason the unknown. Hope he continues to shine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Was that just your annual erec….. oh never mind….

20. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
  21. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    I'm nor sure if he has to throw 3 TD passes for it to be a success. I think if he can get some deep passes deep into the red zone and then he or the RBs run it in, that's more than fine. Bills D is apparently among the worst in the league at stopped in the run, after all. I think getting some TD passes will be useful, but 1 or 2 might very well be enough... but, that will all depend on the circumstances, of course.

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You people really don't understand the possible weather condition that Buffalo
    Poses. Lol.

23. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    What makes you think I don't? I added the "depends on circumstances" at the end for a reason.

24. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

I understand some of what you are saying, but I saw all of Bradshaw's games. Every one of them. Bradshaw was terrible for the first 5 years. The Steelers won a lot of games in spite of him.

The 70's teams were loaded with talent. They were always the better team every single time they walked onto the field from 1974 through 1979. That is the difference many don't seem to understand.

How many times in Bradshaw's career did his center snap the ball over his head into the endzone to hand the other team a touchdown on the first play from scrimmage in the playoffs?

How many times did Bradshaw go into an AFC Championship game without 3 of his top 4 wide receivers and his star running back and win?

I don't recall Bradshaw having a WR like Cobi Hamilton starting in an AFC Championship game and being responsible for 2 dropped touchdown passes, having another touchdown he did catch disqualified because he stepped out of bounds in the endzone, and drop a 2-point conversion against the Patriots in the AFC Championship game.

Big Ben played behind ridiculously bad offensive lines far too many seasons, and his 2008 offensive line is considered the worst offensive line to ever win a Super Bowl. Bradshaw always had elite offensive line play until his last few seasons.

How many times did the Steel Curtain defense give up over 30 or over 40 points in a big game?

Tom Brady owned the Steelers defense. Owned them. Nobody owned the Steel Curtain defense. NOBODY.

The 70's Steelers didn't have a Patriots-level team to overcome. The Steelers were the team that nobody could beat.

The 1976 team was amazing, but they didn't have Franco or Rocky for the playoffs. Why couldn't they score any points without them if Bradshaw was elite?

Why was Terry Bradshaw able to throw a million interceptions, but they never seemed to matter?

Let's not look back and only see what we want to see. There are reasons why things happened the way they did.

Terry Bradshaw's teams were the best teams in the history of football. Context matters.

The Steelers were 21-11-1 without Terry Bradshaw over his career. The Steelers were 22-17-1 without Big Ben.

I love Terry Bradshaw and think he was a great quarterback. Some people don't like Ben Roethlisberger and because of that don't think he was a great quarterback.

Don't penalize Big Ben because his teams weren't as good as Bradshaw's. Ben needed to play out of his mind to win sometimes. Terry was never in that position.

It's OK to believe both players were great, without taking away from the other.

Sometimes things like this also need to be said to put things into proper context.

• Winner Winner x 3
  25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    I like Ike

• Like Like x 1