1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin could walk away from the Steelers and take some time off

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Also, ill answer another question with a question. About Mitch, do you really think the owner and Gm said Mitch is playing regardless of what you say coach?
    Isnt it HC job to evaluate in practice who is the better qb or does owner and Gm go to every practice and they evaluate?

• Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So You think the HC could just play the 3rd string after the GMs, and owners brought in the FA Qb, and His money, and drafted a Qb 1st round, and his 1st round money?? You don't think they may have called down during that Indy game, and said ...Hey do what you want now. Dude You have worked for people. They give You leeway untill they don't. Hey don't for the life of You believe in one moment if Rooney called down to Tomlin tomorrow, and said....Hey KFP is playing....that KFP wouldn't be playing, and the only thing Tomlin could do would be to walk out, or start Him, and You dang well know this.
    Here quick question....don't You think Dick V....seen what Kurt Warner looked like in practice??? Hmmm....wonder why He didn't get to start Him until they had Qb injuries ??? You know since HCs can just do what they want??? LoL. Have a good one. I got to run.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    L8r

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Shannon Sharpe said this morning that if Chase Claypool is the only open receiver then throw the ball out of bounds. Sharpe said that Claypool ran that pattern so poorly that the safety ran it better and intercepted it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    As a Tomlin fan. I'll still be bothered with him if he walked away from us. You don't do that as a coach because fans, players and etc got tough. If you really want to shut people up and become likable, than please go win a playoff game! In fact make a run to the superbowl!

Only way I'll be ok with Tomlin is if he finishes his contract. Or allows to be traded.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    If he walks on his contract they have his NFL rights in 2024. So if he wants to unretire his new team would need to negotiate compensation

• Like Like x 1
  7. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Its a tough job and one that he's done for a long time. He could easily find a comfy gig talking on TV for a bunch of money and get to spend more time with family and not have to deal with all the NFL BS. He certainly doesn't need the money. I'd be fine if he walked away. If its because he can't handle the outside noise then he's mentally weak and I wouldn't want him leading the team anyways (Personally, I don't think this is the case). Either way, stepping away his prerogative and he doesn't really owe the fans or the organization anything more than he's already given us. He deserves to be able to focus on himself if he wants to.

• Like Like x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Imagine absolving the players of any blame, the next big play Cam Heyward makes in the playoffs will be his first :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Thanks

10. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    The next W TJ Watt gets in the playoffs will also be his first. Don’t hold your breath.

11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Do you get tired of going to work? Are you a multi millionaire like coach T? Do you have a very successful wife who has
    been in your shadow for 20 years and wants to give it a go on her own with his support?

12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    If he decides to walk away he is still under contract for the 2024 season and can't coach anywhere. Unless he agrees that he wants to be traded then they can negotiate with the team for pick compensation. Could fetch two 1's and a 2 I believe. Washington is a prime example.

• Like Like x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Watt and Heyward both need to step up in the playoffs, you can include Minkah too.

14. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Thank you!

15. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Well you have to wonder who leaked this information. My guess is Mike Tomlin agent. One of two reasons for it. #1. Get a new long term contract asap from steelers worth alot of cash. #2. He does want out of cheap steelers owners and letting other owners know he is interested. I hop e he does leave and bring some new life into the offense. I was done with him after last AFC championship depantsing he took from Belicheat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He’s one of the highest paid coaches in the league and beloved by Rooney and management. He doesn’t need to play hardball.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    Epf2NqNXcAENjnt.jpg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  18. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Unfortunately all 3 of these guys have trouble even staying on the field let alone making big plays

19. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Maybe it’s beneficial to all parties that a split is coming. Then we can trade Kenny Pickett and keep Mason as the starter.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    I would agree with you normally but not renewing before this season was a slap in Tomlin's face by Rooney.

21. Tweezer

Tweezer Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Not one question regarding this by the Pittsburgh media today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    I’m admittedly a MT fan as I believe he is still in the top 10 of NFL coaches (maybe not top 5 anymore), but he just looks more tired than usual. MT is typically fired up at this time of year, and yes we had a nice run at the end, but I don’t think it was because of anything MT did.

Cowher looked tired just before he retired. I know these guys make a tremendous amount of money, but the job is also very challenging and draining. Sean McDermott has already discussed retirement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Lloyd&Green

Lloyd&Green Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2015
    Who are the at least 5 coaches better than Tomlin?

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    My friend no player or coach is bigger than the Steelers. Chuck Noll forgot more
    About football than Bill Cowher or MT will ever know. If MT decides to move
    On The Rooney's will try to hire the most qualified person on the market.Did anybody know who MT was before he was hired? Bill Cowher ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Not sure if Gm/assistant GM goes to every practice, but Colbert when employed
    Had been spotted at practices. I can assume they speak with
    MT on a daily basis.

• Winner Winner x 1