1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenny Pickett QB#1 Roll Call

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TGH, Jan 8, 2024.

1. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    I don't!

2. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    How about Benny? I found his trollist content somewhat comical.

3. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    I support Kenny Pickett but I don't want him playing no more this year.Because of lack of scoring-- because of his injury let him rest

4. james weyandt

Sep 6, 2021
    your --son ---husband or nephew or cousin or grandchild will still get his chance But Kenny HAS LOTS TO LEARN AND IMPROVE ON (playing in bad weather not being afraid to throw the ball scoring)How can we win if he doesn't do these things. Unless you root for other teams and hope we lose all the time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Funny, if you want to look at a guy that was a Late-Late Bloomer, take a look at Rich Gannon's Career.

Drafter in the 4th round by Minnesota in 1987, but did not actually become a teams #1 QB on the depth charts until 1999 in Oakland. It looks like Gannon spent most of his early years as various teams 3rd string QB, until 1995 when he signed with the Chiefs to backup Steve Bono.

Boy this sounds familiar. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rich_Gannon
    In 1997 a quarterback controversy was created when the Gannon-led Chiefs excelled in the absence of the injured Elvis Grbac. In the playoffs, coach Marty Schottenheimer elected to play Grbac instead of Gannon, and the Chiefs lost 14–10.

He went to Oakland a year later and became an All-Pro in his 13th year in the league. And became NFL MVP in his 14th year. All this under the watchful Eye of the currently unemployed Jon Gruden. :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  6. james weyandt

Sep 6, 2021
    no lights on for TJ :shock: but it is lights off for Kenny starting:good:

7. james weyandt

Sep 6, 2021
    let Mason play till he sucks then he can get booed out of town and then Kenny can:sword: in and save the day

8. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Mason is playing per Tomlin today. Going with ‘hot hand.’

9. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    0 support

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I guess people forgot how Cowher changed Qb, and didn't stay with the hot hand(hot hand is a bit extreme LoL), and it burned Him. Do You know who the Qbs were, and who they played in the playoffs???
    Edit: @Formerscribe already answered in a different thread.

11. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    ORGANIZATIONS
    organiZations

Not organisations

• Like Like x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Ha. Sorry I spoiled your trivia. I wouldn't say the guy who played the last three games of the season that year was a hot hand, but the starter looked rusty as hell in the playoff game and the offense did nothing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. UKSheffieldSteeler

UKSheffieldSteeler Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    Damn, my cover is blown. :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. Philofarnsworth79

Philofarnsworth79 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Your "objectivity" is showing...lol

15. Philofarnsworth79

Oct 6, 2019
    We've already had this conversation,,, first off you were mad when I called you a kfp fanboy & then you turn around & steal the term to call everyone else... Stop it... You're the Kenny Pickett fanboy club president and ceo as We've already established... Atleast the Rudolph "fanboys" have reality on their side... You're living in a fantasy land...

16. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Like you I believe the running game needs to be established. This team plays much better with Rudolph running the offense. KFP has a future but he has to do alot of work on his scanning the field and reading defenders. Mason appears not to have that problem.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I am throwing that term at him because he is trolling. That was the entire point of this thread. I don't play nicely with trolls. Why didn't you realize what he was doing before commenting?

Do better.

Calling one poster a fanboy is not applying it to "everybody else."

Do better.

I believe he argued that it was somehow morally wrong for the Steelers not to give Rudolph a bigger window to earn a starting job and now they owe it to him. That idea deserves to be mocked for the silly, childish notion it is. If he earns the job for 2024, great. He hasn't done that yet.

Do better.

Before the draft last year, I didn't argue for taking Pickett. I just didn't want Willis. As the draft was going on, I wrote that I wanted Linderbaum or Dax Hill. I didn't hate the pick, but I was mostly relieved that they didn't take Willis. I did not respond to the pick by saying he would be great. I responded by putting trust in the Steelers because they knew Pickett better than any other team from all those years sharing a practice facility with his Pitt teams.

That is the president of his fan club? Come on.

Do better.

I have had no problem criticizing him. I have said he has to be a lot better than what he has shown, but it is silly to give up on a first-round quarterback after less than two seasons. This is especially true when he was hampered by a porous offensive line and an offensive coordinator so bad that even the Steelers fired him in mid-season. That is reasonable, as opposed to the emotional overreactions of people like you.

Do better.

I like pointing out the hypocrisy of people whining about Rudolph getting enough of a window, but wanting to give up on Pickett so quickly.

Even more amusing, you think reality is on the side of people declaring a sixth-year quarterback to be the franchise guy after three good starts, two of them against atrocious defenses and the third against an opponent mostly concerned with making sure nobody got hurt.

Do better.

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This last one seems to be really lost on people. This just doesn’t happen. So while it would make for an incredible story, it just isn’t very likely.

19. Philofarnsworth79

Oct 6, 2019
    Did anyone other than pittsburgh have Pickett as a first round qb??? As I recall everyone was shocked win they picked him, yet you keep stating that 2 seasons isn't enough time to evaluate their mistake... was Rudolph afforded the same amount of time??? I actually think that Pickett could become a starter eventually but probably needs time on the sidelines to grow as a player... let him backup Rudolph & we'll see... That time seems to have helped MR considerably... Only a Pickett fanboy could possibly believe Pickett should start over Rudolph at this point as that opinion defies all logic . You might be Vp of the club though reporting to Blast Furnace as you 2 are the only ones talking this nonsense...

You do better

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Just saw this ,In 25 games played, Kenny Pickett has scored just 102 points. (4.08 PPG).. ,...,.not sure if it's true , but if if is... Yikes

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes Rudolph Fanboy they did

Most draft previews starting with NFL.Com

22. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    13 TDs in 25 games is fact.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Yes I remember when he benched Bubby to go back to NOD. That game was also against the Bills and we lost 24-3.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Being honest....I actually forgot about it....until you reminded Me about a couple of weeks ago.

• Like Like x 1
  25. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Rudolph reminds me of Tommy Maddox. Maddox was probably over drafted, kept battling and found the right situation to have some success, before the injury and Ben took over. (That sounds like Pickett, too). Rudolph has kept battling, found the right situation, is having some success ...