1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason F Rudolph

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by R2sojr, Jan 6, 2024.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think I’m finished with this debate. There are some who will only be satisfied with Mason if he wins the Super Bowl earning MVP honors along the way.

Here’s my last word on this thread…

NO MASON RUDOLPH = NO PLAYOFFS FOR STEELERS

THAT can only be denied by those who are painfully out of touch with REALITY.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    I said ling . Didnt know i spoke chinese.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Not touching that one...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Probably more Chinese because of my small

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think they said he was mobile in college, but decided to be more of a pocket passer in the NFL. In any case, I don't think the names Troy Aikman and Mason Rudolph should be uttered in the same sentence. I have bad memories of defending MR in 2019 just to watch him disintegrate in front of my eyes and I have a hard time getting back on the bandwagon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    I’d be satisfied with that

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    Where is the Kenny Pickett bandwagon tho?

Anybody tooting the horn for Kenny, our #1 QB to start in Buffalo?

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Plenty of quarterbacks can move within the pocket, slide or step up, and do have a feel for pressure. I'm sorry you can't acknowledge his flaws.

9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Canada has failed at other stops, too. LSU fired him after one season, just as an example. He was gone before Pickett got to Pitt, his time there isn't relevant.

Your fanboyish infatuation with Rudolph after three games is entertaining, though. Hey, maybe they should have just told Roethlisberger not to bother coming back after 2019 and handed the job to Rudolph! lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    Yep, you nailed it finally. That is exactly what they should've done.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not ready to give up on Pickett after two years. I am happy to enjoy the hypocrisy of people making excuses for Rudolph's first five years while ignoring similar obstacles Pickett has faced. It is laughable you think anybody who isn't genuflecting at the feet of Rudolph after three games is the one being ridiculous.

I am happy that Rudolph is playing well, but I also realize he has a lot to prove after five-plus years of mediocrity and failing to earn the confidence of his team or any other team.

12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    LOL Yeah, they were going to bail on the Hall of Famer so they could hand the job to the guy who lost his job to Duck Hodges. You're funny.

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I am enjoying the moment, but I'm also being honest about it. How am I keeping Rudolph from enjoying the moment? Do you think these guys read a message board about the team? Good gravy, man.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Let's add some honest context. Those first 26 games for Roethlisberger were during his first two seasons. Picking only parts of those seasons to focus on is comically misleading. How about we focus on the three strong games he turned in against damn good opponents in the playoffs in his second season to get the Steelers to the playoffs. Let's compare those three to Rudolph playing against two horrible defenses and a Ravens team that sat three studs and had staying healthy as its primary objective.

Rudolph is in his sixth season and your "so far" ignores the first years of his career. Come on. Be serious.

15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Rudolph gave us five-plus years of evidence that he was nothing more than a backup. Three good games doesn't wipe that out. I'm sorry honesty doesn't work for you.

Tell us again that the Bengals' defense wasn't actually bad this year. Where is your admission you were wrong about that one?

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    So do I.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Hall of Famers aren't statues who rarely slide or step up in the pocket and seem to have no feel for the pass rush closing in on them, but that worked fine against Bengals and Seahawks defenses that got very little pressure on him.

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He threw a slant of maybe 20 yards that Pickens turned into a long touchdown, not a bomb. It also helped that it was the Bengals, whose defense is a disaster. Rudolph's play was a big factor, but so was the quality of the competition.

19. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    The only thing that matter is on field performance. 6 years but how many starts? I'm not convinced our coaches did a great job evaluating his play and just perhaps moved a bit too quick. We shall see.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    For whatever reason the Bengals decided to single cover Pickens, I doubt if the Bills will be that dumb

21. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Lol

22. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Dude, regardless of when Mason falls on his face, Kenny is not the man. I cant believe that you used to be a sports writer with all this bias you have for Kenny.
    Sticking with gravy, good gravy, what are you seeing potential wise in Kenny that Im not seeing? Please open my eyes. Have you seen Kennys pocket presence? Even when he has a clean pocket? Come on, your better than this.

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Rocky Mtn

Rocky Mtn Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2023
    Then you must also feel Kenny has alot to prove after his mediocrity or less.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Guess what? Kenny isnt one of them

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats skewered context but whatever.

However you missed the point. I wasn’t comparing Rudolph to Ben, which absolutely no one should be, thats freaking comical but I was pointing out what a great game looks like. Do you think Rudolph has played a great game yet? You might, I mean the bar seems to be pretty low now. I have a different definition of what a great game looks like I guess.