1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason F Rudolph

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by R2sojr, Jan 6, 2024.

1. Philofarnsworth79

Philofarnsworth79 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Don't call others fanboys... You're the kfp fanboys club president & you look pretty ridiculous at this point... Rudolph is playing really well... can't you just be happy???

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

President AND CEO!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Philofarnsworth79

Oct 6, 2019
    You see what you want to see..

4. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

i am guessing / betting that Mason starts somewhere next year. Sunday (if conditions are somewhat playable) will go a long way too in determining that.

lots of QB openings in the league.....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Close

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    At best he has worked his way into a backup job which he couldn’t find outside of the Steelers last offseason. Now he suddenly is going to be in demand for putting up mid numbers?

What team is he starting for? Raiders? O’Connel isn’’t great but there is no point moving on from him for Rudolph and pay him starter money. They’ll draft someone.

He’ll need a big game in Buffalo to drawn any attention as a starter.

7. Philofarnsworth79

Oct 6, 2019
    & if he puts up a big game or some of those "mid numbers" like being second in the league in 60yd passes in 3 frikn games,,, you'll admit you're wrong about mason??? Your lack of objectivity & clear agenda & apologize to all on this board for making us read such nonsense???

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Will you if he has a bad game and they lose? I mean as long as we are acting like 5 years olds.

Everything I have said has been factual. He has not put up great numbers, has not broken 300 yards, has only 3 TDs and didn’t throw for any TD’s in one game. Do you remember what great games with Ben actually look like?

If you want to get all giddy over what he has done to this point and ignore the context around all of it, knock yourself out, approach your fandom however you want but don’t expect everyone else to believe what you do.

I’ve already said a good game against the Bills would impress me. That would cause me to believe he has actually elevated his game since last we saw him prior to this season. But so far what he has done won’t make me forget everything we know about him up to this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Lol. You are probably right, but what's the fun in that? Much more fun to argue over which of our QBs is headed for Canton and who is the biggest fanboy.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. Rocky Mtn

Rocky Mtn Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2023
    I would toss out the the scoring decline in the last game. Just sayin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I would love to see a starting caliber QB worthy of being the heir to Ben but just don't see it. Do you see something other than 3 backups?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rocky Mtn

Dec 31, 2023
    Enjoy the ride. You'll have plenty of time t
    Lucky for the Steelers too! Here they are!

13. Rocky Mtn

Dec 31, 2023
    I think what gets lost in all of this is that the people that insist Kenny CAN improve,insist that Mason can't and vise versa.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rocky Mtn

Dec 31, 2023
    I guess it's a wash . Same goes for Kenny . Back to square one. I think what people are most giddy about is Mason was at the helm on a 3 game winning streak to the playoffs. I'm sure they'd be just as giddy if Kenny happened to be in and did the same thing.

15. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Would you be interested in pursuing Jordan Love? It would take a fair amount of draft capital.

Worth it though.

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Boy I sure don't know what the Hell You guys call mobile anymore. I guess some Qb that can still walk???? Then they are all mobile. LoL.
    Troy Aikman played for 12 years, and barely had over 1000 yards rushing all together. Off the top of My head that's about 83 yards a season. Wow!!!!! Talk about mobility. LoL. Anything else You like to be wrong about regarding Qbs...., and if You say I meant moving around in the pocket....all....all....all...Qbs do that....even Mason.
    What's more funny is someone actually agrees with You. LoL

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Did You see @Formerscribe try saying T. Aikman was mobile. LoL. Unless He means he could walk around...what's He talking about??? T. Aikman had about 83 rushing yards a season on average . Wow super mobile. LoL. Now He will come back with ....No I meant moving around in the pocket.....again like all Qbs do. So again....I guess all Qbs are mobile. I'm sure He will try coming up with a bad example of Why He said T. Aikman was mobile. LoL.

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree with everything, but the go to Pats, and take them to the playoffs. Please no to this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Come on Scribe… enjoy the moment, let Mason enjoy the moment. Good gravy man

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    If I hear that Mason got benched for a guy named Duck one more time I’m going to :puking:

Guess what, later that year Duck got benched for a guy named Mason in the Jets game in week 16. Mason was 14-20 for 129 yards and a TD before getting injured. Maybe, just maybe, he was recovering from his serious brain injury earlier in the season and was ready to put the Jussie Garrett situation behind him and turn the corner to become an NFL franchise quarterback. But then Ben came back and the Steelers gave him his swan song but he was a shell of himself his last two seasons further hindering Mason’s development.

2019 was a tumultuous year for Mason and the Steelers grossly mismanaged his career from that point on!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    I guess those HC and DC also missed that Rudolph would play better than Mitch or Pickett like I had predicted before the Cincinnati game. I don’t need someone else to do the thinking for me. STD and I caught a lot of flak for it… but it seems we have superior football IQ

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The way some are going out of their way to be critical is bizarre. It goes way behind objective observation. Sure, Mason has some flaws like every QB, but what he’s done the last three games is remarkable. I’m not talking about him necessarily lighting up the stat line, but the way he’s injected life back into an offense that was quite literally on life support has been amazing. Our offense before was painful to watch. I can’t remember when I enjoyed sitting down and watching Steelers’ games less than I enjoyed it this year pre-Mason. Now watching the Steelers offense perform is fun again. I can’t understand why some people can’t enjoy it without picking everything Mason does apart. It’s actually getting pretty ridiculous.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    They are butt hurt about Kenny. We didn’t give Kenny enough time to develop. 24 games not enough time to evaluate? Oh wait its Canadas fault

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Let's add some context.

Ben only had 2 300+ passing games out of his first 26 regular season starts.
    In December/January games during that span, he had 10 TDs and 10 INTs in 9 games.

MR has 3 TDs and 0 INTs in 3 games so far. The team hasn't needed him to throw a 300 yard game so far, so not surprising he hasn't done that yet with a limited game sample. (I don't expect it to happen in Buffalo with lake-effect weather, either.)

This does not mean that MR is playing as well (overall) as Ben did in those seasons.
    Just that some people seem to expect Ben's peak as an average for someone else, instead of setting a bar that will be good enough to get the job done.

• Like Like x 3
  25. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    LOL

• Winner Winner x 1