1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin could walk away from the Steelers and take some time off

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    I wouldn't blame Tomlin if Pickett is starting QB next year. The defense will quit after 3 games and he will lose Pickens and Diontae before the season starts. Who needs the headache. The winning streak would end for sure.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Like others I wouldn't be that surprised if he left.
    Those 18 hour days a coach puts in during
    the season has to work on you. He has done this for
    17 years Maybe he has had enough of the pressure
    that comes from coaching an NFL team.Plus the ego's
    he has to stroke every day. Yuk.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    I'm not a fan of Stephen A Smith with his over the top quiet to yelling schtick but he mentioned he spoke with Jerry West and Jerry said being middle of the road is the worst place to be when you are at the bottom you know you need to make moves and changes, at the top you are set, in the middle is like no mans land! That is why I hope he does take a break it will force the other changes he may be reluctant to make.

1. Dump OC and DC
    2. Dump Harvin
    3. Replace Cole and Moore
    4. Be willing to put draft picks in sooner if the current veterans are not getting the job done

If he goes I would emphasize a much more disciplined coach in terms of the locker room with an absolute law of team first mentality. Character has to be high on draft evaluations!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have commented several times about the vetting process of draft picks
    and how Steelers evaluate these prospects/ headcases. I agree with all your recommendations.

5. Lloyd&Green

Lloyd&Green Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2015
    I don’t automatically believe these rumors but I could definitely understand if he really did have these feelings after how he’s been treated by the insufferable fan base. I read the idiocy posted and said by Steelers fans regarding the man and it’s mind numbing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Brother, you are addressing the wrong crowd. There are folks on here that think these teams run like a youth team or HS. They were just on NFL network talking about how the entire league loves and has total respect for Coach Tomlin, everywhere but Pittsburgh. The lack of understanding about how a billion dollar organization runs is embarrassing. They think an owner is going to let $50 million dollar players sit and the coach can cut whoever they want regardless of the dead money cap hit. It dose not work that way.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    It’s really sad and embarrassing. These are idiots you see showing out at youth league games and fighting umpires. Losers that never achieved and make themselves feel better about themselves by disparaging others.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Yup maybe we can get Jason Garrett or John Gruden. We would win every championship forever and ever.

9. Wolfepack88

Oct 16, 2022
    Agreed. If we lose it is how we lose. If have 12 men on the field penalties, mismanaged clock situations, numerous pre-snap or pf penalties then that is different than just being outclassed. Ben getting smoke by KC didn't get me pissed at Tomlin at all, we were flat outmatched. If that happens in Buffalo then so be it. It's all a matter of us being be prepared and playing hard. If we just get outplayed then I can live with that but if if its the other crap that leads to an embarrassing loss then that's a different story. Frankly I don't expect us to win this game I think it might be a bridge too far with our injuries particularly the psychological loss of Watt, I just want us to make it a close game and compete hard. Zebras are not going to be helping the Steelers no way.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Yeah just like Tomlin is doing… maybe we will win our first playoff game in 7 years, outstanding coach T, oh i forgot its the players fault according to you. But hey not a losing season. Quit bashing us as fans because we expect and hope for more than a 500 season or 1 or 2 games above 500.
    You talk about someone living in their mom’s basement, look in the mirror. While your at it take your ADH medicine

11. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Why do you numbskulls follow this team? He’s been there 17 years, move on man. You root for who you hate. Ride with San Fran or the Rams, it will improve your life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    did i ever say i hated coach T? BTW, I will never ever and never again root for anything in California!

13. Wolfepack88

Oct 16, 2022
    Why do you have to insult people if you disagree with them? Can't you think agree to disagree. I respect your opinion of wanting to keep Tomlin, I disagree with it and think we should move on, but I don't get angry about your opinion.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m not sure “report” is the right word here

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Im sure what is being said on this message board will be a major factor in his decision.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Might be time to let her shine and let him wash the dishes

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok I’ll put you down as a maybe

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    And it’s not like he needs the money

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Hey… that sounds like what i did.

20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    That hurts! I'm in CA. So is Mojave.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  21. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Ok, except for you 2!

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    My wife and I to some degree took turns

In the end I worked a regular job and did the cooking etc while she worked very long hours and made a lot of money prior to that it was just the opposite

• Like Like x 1
  23. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Tomlin will be here as long as AR2 keeps writing his paychecks. He loves being the Steelers head coach, I'm sure he'll never just give it up until he's in his 70's

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    It is the mindset of many today, at one time you could have a favorite performer (in any field), when they laid a stink bomb you could critique the product and still enjoy the person. Now if you say something negative, about anything surrounding someone, the loyalists try and cancel you, lol. It's a broad scope, but I feel pretty accurate. for me i never felt MT was a bad person, has achieved some pretty remarkable things in his career, but I refuse to look through rose colored glasses and not see the stale environment this organization has become. It may not be all on MT, and yes getting to the PO's is great, having a winning record is wonderful. but the product on the field the last several years has been pretty horrible to watch. I'm not talking about stats, wins or losses, there is just a stagnancy that seems to surround this organization.

It may be MT, it may be the philosophy and loyalty to less than stellar staff. IDK, but a season of change always comes, and its not being less of a fan to think amd say that season is now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It actually might be a good time for him to walk away with his 17 consecutive “non-losing” season streak intact. That was in serious doubt earlier this year and he can thank one Mason Rudolph for keeping the streak alive. Tomlin has been a very good coach in a lot of ways but it’s unheard of for an NFL coach to retain his position with the kind of postseason futility he’s had for the last several years. Tomlin has alot to offer and his message may resonate in another organization even though it’s gotten stale in Pittsburgh.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1