1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason F Rudolph

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by R2sojr, Jan 6, 2024.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I would be saying getting rid of Canada was a good thing and hopefully Pickett continues to grow.

The little factions on the board are funny. I criticize and compliment all players, doesn’t matter who they are. If you compliment Warren and feel he is the better back you get labeled a Najee hater, meanwhile he is probably my favorite player on the team. Defend DJ get labeled a fanboy even know people are talking out their butts when they say he drops everything. Say you want to see their first rd pick get a shot without the albatross Canada hanging around his neck, get labeled a fanboy. Point out Rudolphs flaws which resulted in him failing his first time around, get labeled a hater. The truth is, the people saying all those things aren’t capable of having an honest discussion, they are just all up in their feels.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Where's the fun in that?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    chase daniels. Won a super bowl. Made 30million and only threw 300 passes in his career. Dream job!

4. Pappy928

Pappy928 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2019
    Blast Furnace removed scroll option.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    If Kenny were 8-20 for 150 yards he would be. But in no universe would any rational fan be raking Kenny over the coals if he were 18-20 for 150 yards, had command of the offense the way Mason did in sloppy conditions, and made a huge play at a critical juncture in the game the way Mason did on the dart to DJ. He led the team to a must win in sloppy conditions. And the Ravens didn’t rest all of their starters on defense. Queen and others played and you know they wanted more than anything to knock the Steelers out of the playoffs.

6. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Chris Hoke former Steeler has been saying all year that Mason is the best

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. james weyandt

Sep 6, 2021
    Mason is 100 percent better than:worried: Neil o-- a--hole that f---er was scared the whole Superbowl could have won it many times----> if he would have just been a man and not a scaredy cat

8. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    Brett Mason Rudolph III, that is the QB that I’m watching for the Steelers.

Who the heck is this Mason F Rudolph????

9. james weyandt

Sep 6, 2021
    Kenny is not scoring enough points --Kenny does not do good in weather games Kenny is too cautious. I like Kenny I don't care if he starts next year but he needs to be better. Score more points. Blame Canada but how come it seemed same after he was fired . then Mitch -----worse---- then Mason (((<<<GLORIOUS>>>)))

10. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Mason F@$%ing Rudolph?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It is a QB rich draft again next year as well as a few other vetQBs will be on the move again. If I'm Mason, I'm leaving if I can get a guarantee to be QB1 elsewhere. If I'm being told it is QB2, I'm staying with Pittsburgh. If Kenny makes the leap in Y3, great! If he doesn't then Mason will be back in the lineup with a team members he is familiar. The only reason I can see the higher ups in the front office not being interested in bringing Mason back is their possible dedication to Kenny and not wanting a QB controversy. Mitch would stir up no such controversy at this point.

12. burghfan58

Oct 16, 2011
    My take on that was it looked like Diontae tried to do and AB type move slowing up to bump the defender slightly then speed up to make the catch uncontested. The only thing is there was no chance of having the traction on that field to make that move and speed up.

13. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    And he also had some pretty darn good tape. You know what that’s called? Being a young quarterback and learning how to play the position in the NFL. You keep talking about how Kenny isn’t afforded the same courtesy as Mason but that’s hogwash. Kenny has put absolutely NOTHING on tape approaching what Rudolph has done the last three games, but I think overall most fans were trying to be patient with Kenny and are willing to even give him another opportunity with a legitimate OC. You seem to be really stretching to go out of your way to criticize Rudolph’s play, which has been inarguably the best QB play we’ve seen since Ben was behind center.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. burghfan58

Oct 16, 2011
    I can see both sides of that. Let him sit and learn, then bring him in when he was ready. On the other hand, he was their first-round pick, touted as an NFL ready QB, was third for the Heisman. It all pointed to getting Kenny in the lineup sooner than later.

15. woofermazing

woofermazing Guest

The Steelers are not in great shape cap wise, and the QB market is out of control. I feel like this is a moot discussion even with his limited tape.

16. burghfan58

Oct 16, 2011
    I've said for a while that I could see Mason as a Patriot. He seems to be Belichick's type of QB. Let alone, it was rumored he was on the Patriots draft board when the Steelers moved up to get him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Okay, you’re right, Blast. The last three weeks has nothing to do with Rudolph. It’s all Eddie Faulkner and Mike Sullivan. The heck with Mason. Let him walk in the off-season. But the Steelers dang sure better be getting Faulkner and Sullivan under contract pronto! :rolleyes:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    In hindsight it didnt work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I’ve played right into your hands! :facepalm::lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  20. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes he has, and I’ve been the loudest member of his amen corner.

21. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Obviously and why my statement was full of 'ifs'. ????

22. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    The leadership aspect of Rudolph’s last three games cannot be overstated. George Pickens had zero targets yesterday and he was actually smiling in the 4th quarter. He knows he’s balled out the last couple of games and he’ll get more opportunities with Rudolph if the Steelers advance to the tournament. The entire offense seems to be responding well to Mason and it’s reflecting in how much more efficiently the offense is performing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Mason not afraid to throw to the most dangerous part of the field, the center. All our QBs have avoided doing so to avoid unnecessary INTs. With Trubisky it doesn’t matter cuz he’ll throw an INT down the sideline. KP just wisely avoided that area to manage the game.
    So, is Mason’s success because he’s deadly accurate there or because our TE and DJ thrive there? Or maybe because Ds knew we wouldn’t go there so they game planned to double up the outer routes? There’s prolly a little truth in all of it.

• Like Like x 2
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That would have been over 51 yard field goal in the cold, wind, and pouring rain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I've watched 4 times that play now....I actually think DJ lost visibility of the ball in the lights, and rain, and didn't know where it was at.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1