1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason F Rudolph

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by R2sojr, Jan 6, 2024.

1. LoneHorseman

LoneHorseman Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    The F##n clock was winding down towards halftime with only one timeout left and about 12 seconds left around the forty yard line. What big play are you talking about in that circumstance???Check the damn play down and settle for the field goal. Took 3 points off the board

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. woofermazing

woofermazing Guest

In that weather, that would have been hard to do against air. My mind was blown.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Why is the perception that Mason stunk up the joint his first go around? He had some very good moments and some bad moments. Typical for young quarterbacks. He had one of the most tumultuous seasons a young QB could have from getting knocked unconscious to having his head bashed in by Jussie Garrett to having his character assassinated by the race baiting liar as well. But, the Steelers gave up on him way too soon. Had they not, we may already have had our next franchise QB leading the team to post season success.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    No excuses, he stunk just like Kenny, not as much but comparable, his last 4 games in 2019. His first five games were really good for basically a rookie, his first NFL action.

5. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Settle down there, little horsey. I’m talking about big plays in previous games. Mason sits in the pocket longer than Kenny or Mitch and more often than not that gives intermediate and longer routes time to develop. In this weather, that wasn’t happening. The play calling was suspect, Mason did hold the ball too long given the conditions, especially since his LT suffers from a bad case of SUCKAGE!!!

6. LoneHorseman

Apr 19, 2017
    Fair enough Skippy

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    anyone who thinks mason is better is a liar, they said nothing for 2 years.
    Same losers that loved Mitch.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. LoneHorseman

Apr 19, 2017
    Ofcourse they are. Most of them are Pickett haters, couldn't say anything for two weeks when Mitch was in there and then struck gold with Mason. But that's just human nature, rather team do lousy, than admit they're wrong. I am on the record as saying that I wish Ben retired a couple of seasons earlier to see what we really had in Rudolph. The one instance that he had the helm at QB when Ben had his elbow injury were mixed. Killed me when he couldn't get the team in the playoffs against a brutal Jets team that season.

9. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Mason hasn’t had an opportunity to play in the last 2 years. He was the best QB at camp the last 2 years and in the preseason last year. ‍♂️

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    Dude, go check out Kenny's stats and outings, it's garbage, it's the worst in the league.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    That’s impressive as hell in that weather

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I said earlier in the season when Kenny had the bruised ribs that if he couldn’t go, we ought to go with Mason. I’ve long felt that Mason had the talent to be successful and have always been perplexed as to why he didn’t get more of a chance.

Why don’t you guys just enjoy the ride, fellas? Mason is balling out and showing us what quality quarterback play looks like. I’d almost forgotten.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Jussie Garrett = winner

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Why are we Kenny haters? Are you another one that doesnt believe in stats? Or is it the OC fault or the OL fault? Good God man, hopefully Kenny turns it around but right now he is one of the worst qbs Steelers ever had. The rose colored glasses some of you wear is just plain outright silly.

15. woofermazing

woofermazing Guest

Mitch was brought in and paid well. Kenny was drafted because he was supposedly the perfect QB for a Matt Canada offense. Turning to Mason is an admission you royally f*cked up.

16. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    No question that if we're in playoffs he starts, but past that I don't know.

My Eagles fan buddy said we have a Wentz/Foles situation which I think is a great comparison. I told him I hope ours ends like that one did!

17. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    When another team offers Rudolph a contract and they will, the Steelers almost have to match it. It would be awful if they matched into training camp next year with KP, Mitch and McSorley as their only choices.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I will admit I dumped on Mason more than a few times I thought he was too slow making his reads a couple of years ago and he had a problem staring down WR's.

I think he is much better now and he must of been studying or he has just learned to relax out there.

If Mason is the starter next yr I would be ok with that .

Both QB's that played in front of him this yr pretty much sucked .

Like most on here I hope Pickett is the next great one but the longer he played the lower the bar was set. If he went 23 of 29 for 172 yds and 1 TD we would say he protected the ball. But throwing the ball and gaining 5 or 6 yds is not going to cut it in the NFL.

I still want to see a new OC next year , still very predictable and having your best WR taken away and just accepting it is weak .

19. LoneHorseman

Apr 19, 2017
    Why are you Kenny haters, because of your comments, even when the team was winning with him, that's why. Pretty obvious, even with your own rose color glasses. He was hampered with Canada, first week when Canada got fired, Kenny went for 278 yards and would've had over 100 rating if DJ held on to the TD pass. And got injured the next game against the cards. So yeah, I'd like to see what our first rounder can do in a full season without Canada's play calling and schemes

20. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Would have been 19/20 for 205 yards if Diontae had tried to go for that ball on the sideline throw and not dogged it. He made it up on the TD throw but still piss poor effort from Diontae.

• Agree Agree x 4
  21. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    If we go into training camp next year with Kenny, Mitch and Trace as the only quarterbacks on our roster, something in the off-season went horribly wrong. :facepalm:

• Winner Winner x 2
  22. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Look, i agree with you. But the bad traits Kenny shows in the pocket is just awful. These are basic fundamentals, hopefully a new OC will correct this.
    No, i am not a Kenny hater, its just he is not a very good qb right now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I don’t know about Pickett vs Mason. What I do know is they would be in the playoffs already if they went with Mason over Trubisky. That decision will really sting if they don’t make it in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. LoneHorseman

Apr 19, 2017
    Fair enough, I wouldn't exactly categorize him as a bad QB, but yeah , he gets happy feet. Hasn't let the game slow down on a consistant basis and until he gets that under control, he'll have an uneven career.

• Like Like x 1
  25. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I’m still perplexed by that one. It looked like the pass was very catchable had he run through it and put his hands out to catch it. It looked like he gave up on it as if it was way overthrown but it didn’t appear to be at all.

• Agree Agree x 2