1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason F Rudolph

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by R2sojr, Jan 6, 2024.

1. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    We've covered that and I speak for everyone we are ready to move on. Ok done back to trying to make the playoffs!!

2. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015

so that makes him better than Neil O'Donnell ? the guy that got us to the SB and then took bribes to lose another Lombardi? no way.

3. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018

Do within reason to keep him.

4. LoneHorseman

LoneHorseman Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    That LT is a very good run blocker, that seals a lot of room for our ribs and the coaching staff knows it. Even Mason acknowledged that the 2 bad sacks he suffered in the game was on him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Like DMJ wasn’t responsible for gettin KP killed twice last year?

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I want to give that a win, and a hilarious. Win in what You said, and hilarious....because I could see myself saying the same....see You a$$clowns at what You have been missing. LoL

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. LoneHorseman

Apr 19, 2017
    Than get Okafor in at RT and move Jones to LT and see the non existent run game on the right side of the Line... IE the first half of the season when Chuks started. Why do you think Chuks got benched for crying out loud???

8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I do not disagree, but I do not think it will be like last year. He is going to get some attention, and I do not think the Steelers will be saying he will be their number 1. Open competition, possibly, but the options up to him.

9. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    It would depend on what his market is. I still have doubts that he is going to get a big pay day... I doubt there are any teams lining up to sign him as their starter unless he makes a SB run. He will definitely keep his spot in the league, but nobody is making that leap on this small of a sample size for a 6 year vet. I'd be surprised if he ended up anywhere but Pittsburgh next year.

High end back ups make about 5.5-8 million a year. Solid back ups make 3-4 million a year. I'd expect a good offer to keep him around to be in that 3-4 million a year range. Cutting Trubisky post-June 1 saves us 5.25 million. We shouldn't have a problem keeping him around if we really want him.

10. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018

Okafor got benched for something he said. Not how he was playing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I wouldn't give Mason anything other than an honest shot at being a starter. Dump Mitch. bring in another vet, then have an open competition between the three. Keep McSorely around for a camp arm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. LoneHorseman

Apr 19, 2017
    Yrah right, that's why Najee, Pickens or DJ didn't get benched during the season for some of their frustrations, right??? One rule for Chuck and another for those players. Go and see our ribs stats the first 6 or so games when Chuck was starting, compared to when he was benched.

13. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I honestly don't think you can resign him without making him QB1.

Obviously you are going to have to pay him

But now the fans have seen gif QB play. Can you imagine playing at home and KP has 3 quarters of KP ball.

The booing will only be drowned out by the "MA SON RU DOLPH" chants

I think you do give it a fair competition but unless KP is hands down better...i think you ride with 2 and bruin 8 in if 2 fails

HACK

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Thats going to be interesting to watch this off season. We know the wholes that need filled, see what Omar does between FA and draft. One thing that can be a surprise, is a guy they already have going to step up? There was some talk about Dylan Cook looking good, now that is just talk, and they never put him in, so who knows, if they go high draft pick on a RT OK, but also not alarmed if they go a different path.

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    What if he signs with another team in the offseason

Do we just borrow him back

16. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    There will be no questions after the Steelers squeak into the playoffs and run through the field to win it all ;)

kidding, they’ll probably not make the postseason because going 10-7 and not making the playoffs due to back-to-back backbreaking performances against the two worst teams in football is so Pittsburgh it hurts.

17. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    We make him an offer to keep him. Not like he’s getting 20 mil

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Still doesn’t mean he’s going to be here

In which case…….and here it comes now………Mitch probably could be

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  19. Cranny

Cranny Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    I am not at all sold on Rudolph being a good QB in this league. Not sure about Pickett either, but if Mason comes back you gotta just have open competition in preseason and see what happens. You guys that wanna name Mason the starter next year are crazy

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Pickett is cheap, he is your day 1 starter and better.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018

I agree. Listen Mason did stink. But he’s grown leaps and bounds. Some players in his position give up and just hang around. This dude clearly soaked everything in and was just waiting for his opportunity. Nothing I’ve seen from KP says he’s ready to take this team over. So you either go after and try to keep Mason or you gamble on season 3 of Kenny Pickett.

22. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    False.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Classy of Mason to take the blame, but Moore the Revolving Door was more to blame. Sure, Mason held the ball but he was trying to give the routes time to develop which has resulted in some big plays for this offense. That was tall order in that swamp tonight especially with a LT who can’t pass block.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    100% chance Mitch is gone. 100%

25. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    5yd Kenny won’t sniff a qbr of 100, but stats dont mean nothing. They will when Kenny plays 50 games and might have 20 td passes by than

• Agree Agree x 1