1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason F Rudolph

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by R2sojr, Jan 6, 2024.

1. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    112 QBR in his last 3 starts, 0 INTs, and juices these guys up to play. I don’t care where Pickett was drafted. Mason is your 2024 starter opening season no matter how the next game goes.

• Winner x 9
    • Disagree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic x 2
    • Agree x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers won. Obviously.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Calm down skippy. Let’s try and make the post season first and go from there

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    We’re due for a few fire Tomlin threads before we’re ready to talk 2024

• Hilarious x 10
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic x 1
  5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I guess that was technically a winning 4th quarter drive, right?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. TomlinW/O#7

TomlinW/O#7 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2022
    I am happy for Rudolph. I'm not sure if he is "the guy" or not but he has been patient, obviously kept his mind on his craft and has done everything the Steelers needed him to do since Trubumsky got yanked.
    In a game where conditions were the worst they could be, under what I'm sure was tremendous pressure, he did his job and made the plays they needed.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Mason holds the ball a bit too long when pass blocking breaks down. He has to be smart. If you can extend the time you look for open receivers when pass blocking is good, it is a huge advantage. However, leaving yourself open for a strip sack is deadly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. TapOut64

TapOut64 Active Member

Sep 23, 2015
    He is QB1 no doubt heading into next season however, not being drafted #1 puts the ball in KP's hands. Biggest Mason fan on this page, would love to see him as our QB but think he has earned a big pay day to be QB2 elesewhere.

9. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Hate all you want but he’s been the best and we keep moving the goal posts, he keeps winning. No, today was pretty but he put up the points when it mattered.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I will be the first to admit that when the season started I was all against Mason, told people they were crazy thinking Mason should be in the mix, I downplayed his stats when people would say his stats were better as a starter. I’d bring up who he had won against.

I have totally flipped my thoughts on him and not just because of his play, but the fact that he has hung in there, he didn’t like his role, but he accepted it.

Even when he talks to the media, he places blame on himself, he is always praising the team.

See if that was me, I’d probably be like…”see what you f$&kers have been missing out on….lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    We just gonna keep moving the goal post for Mason or what? Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018

If ppl payed attention they’d realize multiple ppl who spend their time at training camp said he was the best QB there the last 2 seasons. Some reason he’s constantly buried.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Mason is one of those QB's that if you have an elite O-line - you will win a lot of games. If you don't, you won't.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    He also set a Steelers completion record tonight 90 percent completions

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. LoneHorseman

LoneHorseman Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    Competition is the only way forward for this team, be it Mason, Kenny or a possible trade for an established starter. We've had the best O-line play the last few weeks, that opened the field up for Mason, similar to the Bengal game in Cincy for Kenny and that's where it starts for success.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I don’t disagree but I think that could apply to a lot of quarterbacks. I look at Mason as Neil O’Donnell with a bigger arm. O’Donnell led the team to the Super Bowl with a strong supporting cast.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    18-20…90%

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  18. LoneHorseman

LoneHorseman Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2017
    We said that with Kenny when we were winning this season, not great numbers but delivered wins

19. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Let's not get crazy. Neil was a better QB because he did it over a period of time. Mason was garbage till 3 games ago and he was not exactly looking good tonight. Sure Mason didn't throw picks tonight but he did fumble it 3 x. Neil did not throw picks unless the Lombardi was on the line.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Steelers can go the free agent route, but they won't get a better qb than Mason. Today was horrendous playing conditions. I have seen Rothlisberger **** the bed in these conditions. Mason is almost as big as Rothlisberger. It doesn't mean squat anymore in the Steeler locker room if Pickett was drafted #1. As it stands, Mason is QB#1.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Not getting crazy at all. I think that’s a pretty good comparison from a talent perspective. NOD obviously did it over a period of time and Mason hasn’t been given that opportunity. I think the coaching staff has whiffed big time on Mason. He’s much better than they gave him credit for and for the life of me I can’t understand why he hasn’t been given more of an opportunity. And you had to throw in that last sentence didn’t you, lol. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018

Our LT is a turnstile and he’s won 3 straight games.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    Ben hung in there too long as well at times, and lost ball on strip sacks. He had Pouncey and Decastro and so forth.
    This guy comes in after no reps off the bench as third stringer, buried by haters on the depth chart, with Mason Cole and Dan Moore, puts up over 100 rating and people are like no, he is not talented enough.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Unfortunately, I’m not confident Mason is here next year. May get a nice free agent contract coming off these games. Steelers would need to decide he’s their #1 if they want to compete in the open market

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    well thats a funny assumption seeing he will be a FA at the signing period. Will he get options elsewhere, probably, does he want to stay here? If you are saying he IS the starter the price just went up. Nice 3 game stretch and I actually hope he stays, but that scenario is far from what you stated.