1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason vs Kenny statistics, also deep throw stats

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Well, if Mason can continue his good play against the Ravens, and possibly the playoffs, that would probably increase other teams interest in him as a back up, possibly even as a starter. The Steelers might even decide to keep him, who knows

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Ah, but last season, he hadn't played two good games!

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You know He had offers. Many Many sights have talked about this, but it was as a backup. He preferred to stay here, and some of You keep $hitting on Him because He didn't take another offer, or make up that He never got any. Hell I could easily make up a rumor about How He stayed because He knew how bad the Qb here were, and thought it was His best chance to start. It would have as much truth that He didn't get any offers. :shrug:

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Nice rant but apparently you didn’t read the post I responded too

5. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    So I'm answering a question to which already gave a response above, while you can't answer my equally simple one.

This is what should happen against the Ravens and beyond this year. Next season will be determined with their offseason moves and evaluation.

Ball's back in your court. Kfp fanboys..?

6. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

I'm not trying to deceive here and you know it.

I said "Pickett had low statistics in the Jacksonville game because he left the game early due to injury." I didn't say very early. I simply said he left the game early due to injury.

You are acting like I'm lying about something. I'm simply stating fact, and right below that I criticize Pickett for the Houston game.

What is it you are trying to accomplish by trying to cast what I said in a different light? I mean seriously?

I'm not saying anything negative about Rudolph at all, and just made a comment to clarify a statistic on a chart that looks like stats for an entire game.

For crying out loud....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Philofarnsworth79

Philofarnsworth79 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Okay well answered, maybe I was wrong about you all along...lol... There are plenty of fanboys on this thread/board though & they are exhausting... that's all I was saying

8. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I was on a plane reading your post and I read "very early". Now, either I misread (which would have been possible, but unlikely) or it got edited after the fact (of which I have no proof). So taking you for your word, I just misread your post. I wasn't trying to defend Mason or anything. I read the words "Kenny left the game very early due to injury" and then made the post saying that he didn't. It wasn't personal at all. Simply just read words, responded to words, pressed send.

9. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

I went back and read my original post again. I said "early" in the first sentence.

Then I say "very early" in the in the third sentence of the first paragraph, so I do say that he left the game very early the second time I mention it. Here's my quote in the first paragraph.

"Pickett had low statistics in the Jacksonville game because he left the game early due to injury. Kenny was 10-16 for 73 yards before the injury. Trubisky came in and attempted 27 passes. There is nothing concerning in that game because he left the game very early."

I didn't even realize I said that until I went back and reread the entire post. I still don't understand how you think that what I said is of any importance. Pickett left the game injured just before the half.

How is saying he left the game very early misleading anybody when I even say how many attempts, completions, and yards Pickett had in the game?

10. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Just as an FYI, if a post is edited anytime after the first two or three minutes, you will see "Last edited [date and time]" at the bottom.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I'm an entirely neutral third party here, but it's possible you may be overreacting a bit. As I read the thread I took SG's clarification of Pickett's game time against Jacksonville to be on the same level as you clarifying it wasn't a full game in the first place. I didn't see it as him accusing you of trying to mislead anyone.

Just my two cents.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Yeah but you wouldn't be starting a rumor.

Look, one day i decided i needed to get a little trim and full facial.
    While i was sitting there leaned back in the chair with Cucumber slices on my eyes, hair wrapped in a towel, and nice cup of tea.
    There was a rustling in the chair to the left where a patron had come to get his hair cut.
    Obviously he frequented this place, probably knows the sister of the neighbor of the person doing his hair and they started chatting and i heard the guy in the chair say he was not leaving the team because he knew the ones in front of him Suck

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Thanks. I appreciate the response. I'm not trying to start a war here. I think he made it pretty clear that he thinks I'm trying to mislead in his original post to me, and surely in post #58 above, he is admitting what he is thinking.

In post #58 he is accusing me of lying and editing my original post, which tells you where his head is. He also insinuated that I was misleading people with my words. Being accused of something like that is pretty ridiculous. He quoted my original post, so he can see exactly what I wrote. He could have easily pointed out where I said it. I started the entire post with the lines I quoted above from my original post in bold. I just looked at the first line and replied to him saying that I didn't say that.

I then see that I do use the two words I wrote that got him to post in the first place, admit that I didn't realize I used them a couple of sentences later, and quoted my own post to show that he was right that I said "very early". I have no problem admitting I was wrong that I wrote that within the post because I posted my quote to him to show him exactly where in the post I did that.

Not exactly cloak and dagger stuff. I never even mentioned Rudolph or disparaged him in any way. I'm sick of getting this huge reaction every single time you post anything about Kenny Pickett, even it's it is just to clarify actual facts that others are judging him on and attacking him with. Using the words "very early" was never intended to mislead anyone when I am just saying he was injured early to someone that posted stats yet didn't clarify that Pickett missed time injured in both games.

I even said that Trubisky came in for only a short time in the Houston game, and that Pickett had a bad game. That was on Pickett.

Being called a liar and accusing me of editing a post after he quoted it isn't a complete overreaction by him?

It's getting old that if you even say Kenny Pickett and don't bash him, others are calling you a fanboy and mocking you. This is in every thread where it happens.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Same here. That's why I asked and got an answer that didn't clear that up.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He regressed. Much of the blame for that has to fall on him, but some has to go to poor coaching, too.

16. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Sorry. I see you posted this to SGSTeeler to clarify that to him. I just responded to your post to me and didn't see this post.

Thank you

17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Who? I wrote it as a joke once to mock a poster who was ranting at me about KFP fanboys, but I've never seriously brought it up.

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    We don't know he had offers. He thought his best chance was to come in as No. 3 behind the same guys who were there as the team didn't play him at all last season? Come on.

Maybe he had offers to be a third-stringer somewhere, but teams usually prefer a developmental player there. It is silly to argue that he passed on No. 2 somewhere else to take the No. 3 job with the Steelers.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Where were the offers STD?

20. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    I wasn't saying that you were intentionally trying to mislead anyone. The "very early" part appeared a bit misleading in context, but that doesn't mean that I thought you were intentionally trying to mislead anyone... nor did I accuse you of that. He left the game just before the half. Early in the sense that he left before the game finished, but not very early since he played the entire first half outside of one play.

I also didn't accuse you of lying and editing. I said that either I misread something or you edited it, but I can take you for your word and assume I just made an error in reading or my comprehension of what you wrote. I literally said "taking you for your word, I just misread your post". I didn't accuse you of anything and I don't understand the need to get defensive over it. I simply was just responding to how a certain thing was worded to point out that he didn't really leave the game "very" early and 73 yards passing and 3 points in a full half against a bad defense should be more worrisome than you believe. It kinda corkscrewed into this, and I don't feel like there needs to be any hostility over it, as I certainly don't feel any towards you. The whole thing is just a misunderstanding, I am more than fine just agreeing to end the back and forth on this one, shake hands, and move on to something else. Sorry that it got to this point, I generally enjoy the discourse between fans on here and I don't take unprovoked attacks on people (I apologize if you felt that is what I did, as it was definitely not my intention).

21. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Didn't know that, thanks for pointing it out.

22. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    My bad.

23. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

I don't think it should go any further with this either. That's why I posted my own quote showing that I did say it within the post. I just wanted to be upfront and honest. There's no need to lie about anything here.

There is enough hostility at this message board in general. I'm cool with everything as long as you are. Sorry about that.

I generally enjoy our conversations. I don't want this to spiral into something, because clearly we are on the same page here. Just a miscommunication.

:drinks:

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't know....You have to ask Him....I'm just repeating what I've read. He had multiple offers as a backup, but He came back here as a backup because He had friends on the team, and knew the system, and people. You people do know that Mason, and TJ, and His brother are good friends.

25. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    No worries:drinks: