1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Where's Goldburg now???

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rollers, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    lol - we probably all push the boundary from time to time. I bet it’s those who regularly live on the wrong side of that boundary that find themselves in trouble.

I appreciate the work the mods do to find balance, allowing some good discord and back and forth, but also cleaning out the trolls and trouble makers.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I have to think he meant Rudolph here and for some reason had Purdy in his head.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I almost regret booting bunny boy. Would of been fun seeing his meltdown over Pickett getting benched for Rudy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Ya think he’s still pounding away on that keyboard wondering why no one’s responding?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
  5. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Brock has of course had success, but it is as much the system and machines around him that enable him to thrive at least at this point. There may be a day where his training and talent prove he is more than this, not even saying he is not good himself, but the total production is hard to put totally on him, when surrounded by all star talent and coach's.

While KP has had a few moments, there are just to many questions, some of it from OC and line play, and that includes the production of those around him. How much of that is/was the scheme, and how much him??? I guess we will find out, but from collegiate level to present I do not see anything where he is hands down better,

6. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Yep, had to do a little house keeping. But, they are like roaches and soon show up under a new handle.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Last season, Kenny Pickett was the 2nd most accurate deep passer in the NFL based on throws of 21 or more yards. https://steelersdepot.com/2023/03/k...asser-in-2023-according-to-deep-ball-project/

Based on throws of 20 yards or more, he was #11 in 2022
    https://steelersdepot.com/2023/07/k...ges-on-deep-throws-in-2022-ahead-of-star-qbs/

So maybe there is something there to build on and develop to start doing well again?

8. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

It was almost worth it........almost! :roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Please don’t have second thoughts

Just saying for some local acquaintances

10. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Stats dont lie

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

maybe - I hope. I HOPE all Steelers become great. Kenny has stunk this year, that is all I can say.

12. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    well, they do (or they can - or they can mislead FOR SURE)

lies, damn lies and statistics.

context ALWAYS matters, or stats are useless. ask the GDP, debt and US gov't

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

i retract and apologize, should not have said this. Was responding more to the negative Mason talk than you directly, my apologizes. :drinks:

on an unapologetic note, what you think are dumb are my opinions which you might disagree with but are nonetheless my opinions. and many times, they are correct.

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok
    My apologies as well
    Happy new year

• Like Like x 1
  15. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    same to you

• Like Like x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Where did you get that number? If it is that same site that ranked the Ravens as the worst pass defense in the league, we know it can be ignored as untrustworthy.

It also isn't relevant to my point. Rudolph is a sixth-year player and people want to ignore most of that time to focus on a two-game sample against terrible defenses. That's the part I'm questioning.

Pickett showed progress late last season, then went backward. They haven't let him try enough deep passes, but he hasn't taken good enough advantage of his opportunities. That he has to get better doesn't change the fact that two games against bad defenses doesn't prove anything.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

sarcasm.

i watched SO MANY bad throws, deep balls, this year, that I don't know where to start. plays were NOT BEING MADE. 3 and outs - close to leading the league. Could not throw the deep ball, nor the short ball. Check down Charlie, 3rd and 8, throw a swing pass to Najee. Sick and tired of watching that crap all season long. plays scared.

you love the cat - I get it. I think he stinks, so far. Does not play with confidence, moxy AT ALL.

time will tell.

very refreshing watching a offense function the past 2 weeks. I am sure you agree?

18. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Goldberg banned. Didn't see that coming. Said no one ever.

One of these guys that makes a statement with little or no basis then can't believe people have the audacity to stuff facts down his throat. If he's married or has some sort of significant other, I fell sorry for he/she/it.

I think no matter what happens Saturday, Pittsburgh goes into the pre draft/free agency period with Pickett and McSorely on the roster. Then they will likely draft a mid round QB and bring in a vet. Name Pickett the starter to the public but see who performs better through camp and pre season. My gut tells me Mason will get a better contract offer elsewhere and he will be gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Maybe Bunny and Benny can do what I did on a Pirate message board. Get banned. Then make a new name up. Word of advise, don't say the same things you did that got you banned. They figured me out real quick when I made same complaints.

20. vasteeler

vasteeler Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Wait, you banned that guy?
    Maybe its me or maybe I'm just not that familiar with the dynamics here. From what I've seen you guys give that dude more **** than I've seen him give.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Whatever the reason, he regressed in 2023. It is worth finding out if that can be fixed and he can be put back on the right track, though I'm guessing he won't get much opportunity past the 2024 season.

22. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    AHH HELL
    STD gets more sh*t than anyone here.
    Guess it's how it's handled in the end

I know people claimed his post were like a Prince song title
    4 Sho
    LOL

• Like Like x 1
  23. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    This is heartwarming. :thumbs up:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Valentines Day is coming

25. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Goldie Lox was trolling us the whole time. Kenny Picketts mother doesn’t think he’s that good.