1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason vs Kenny statistics, also deep throw stats

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Jan 3, 2024.

1. Philofarnsworth79

Philofarnsworth79 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2019
    This

2. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Curious as to where you think the 'kfp fanboys' are in this thread. I'm just seeing people post rational thoughts given the current set of data.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Rocky Mtn

Rocky Mtn Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2023
    This. Really hoping Mason continues to perform at a winning level . Nothing but good can come from it. If he doesn't on Saturday it's a double letdown. His play and the season. Go Steelers! Find a way to beat the Skyrats.

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly....no more just handing anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree, but that's what some people called people that thought Mason should start.....Mason fan boys. People shouldn't dish it....if they don't want it to comeback someday on them.

6. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    No problem with that. Are there people in the thread that were doing that?

• Like Like x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Some. Not You, but there are some.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. BuckeyeBucco

BuckeyeBucco Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I know Thor addressed this already, but I just wanted to add that the red font indicates that those are matchups you probably want to avoid playing a quarterback against in fantasy football. Cleveland and Baltimore have been two of the toughest matchups for quarterbacks all season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Short of an implosion with KP saving the day in the second half, I think Mason will be getting the ball the rest of the year. Be nice if that were more than one game.

10. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Pickett had low statistics in the Jacksonville game because he left the game early due to injury. Kenny was 10-16 for 73 yards before the injury. Trubisky came in and attempted 27 passes. There is nothing concerning in that game because he left the game very early.

Pickett wasn't good at all in the game against the Houston Texans. That was a bad game for Kenny. Trubisky came in for Pickett for a short time in that game as well, but Trubisky only attempted 5 passes.

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    I have found with a few posters if you do not agree with them entirely and instantly you are a “fan boy” of whatever they are ranting about one way or another

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    For as much as I’d love to see someone other than 8 start the season in 2024, I don’t think Mason earns that job this season outside of a deep playoff run. Now, will Mason earn a new contract? Yes, and good for him because he even said himself he was working on his resume… but I don’t see many scenarios where we go into 2024 with Mason the “named starter”. 3-4 quality games isn’t a large enough sample size to make that kind of decision.

With that said, I’d expect some kind of competition and Kenny not being the “named starter” prior to camp/preseason. Lots can happen between now and that time. Still have FA and the draft to go through, and our QB room could look very different than it does now. Let’s just hope Mason plays great to end the season and puts us in that type of scenario.

13. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    The whole thing is does Mason like being a Steeler?after being lied to Never given any real chance to be our starter.

14. james weyandt

Sep 6, 2021
    Speaking of the:sword:game does anyone think our rbs will run all over Ravens?This might be a great test for Mason

15. james weyandt

Sep 6, 2021
    I hope and:beg:Mitch is gone soon

16. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

he will never throw another pass in Pittsburgh

17. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Pickett didn’t leave very early vs the Jags, he left with 11 seconds left in the first half. He essentially played a full first half of football and we went to the locker room down 9-3 (thanks to a botched offensive offside call by the refs on the made FG attempt). Trubisky threw more passes, not because he played more game time, but because we were trailing in the second half.

Also 73 first half passing yards isn’t a particularly low number for Kenny. He’s averaged 172 yards a game this season (86 yards per half). It is a touch lower than average, but pretty close to the norm for him.

18. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    i think it's all juvenile.

we are Steelers Fans - we want to WIN. Whoever is / are the best players to put on the field to do that, that is what we should want to see.

IF Mason has grown up and developed into a talented NFL QB, I want to see it. If he leaves and lights it up with another team, Tomlin and this Org will bare the brunt of that for years to come.

If Kenny sucks and we stick with him 'just because he was a first rounder', then shame on them as well.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This is why a real Qb competition is always in order, but because it's a business....no team really gets that. Just think. If Trent Green doesn't get hurt....no K. Warner. If Bledsoe doesn't get hurt...no T. Brady. If Tony R...doesn't get hurt...no Dak, and so on. Hell Flacco was playing just as well for the Jets stat wise as He's playing for the Browns now, but the Jets had a 1st round pick they wanted to play, and the Browns had more than one Qb get hurt for Flacco to play again. All these organizations do this, and it sucks, but money, and Draft picks cause this. Players all the time talk about its a business, and not always the best player plays.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    :bscow:

21. james weyandt

Sep 6, 2021
    I :puking2:ON:boorats:

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. Philofarnsworth79

Philofarnsworth79 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Well let me ask
    Well simple question,,, who should start Pickett or Rudolph?

23. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I get it that Mason played only two games. He has made good decisions during those games. Kenny and Mitch have struggled in more games. Many are already arguing Kenny isn't that answer as well as Mason isn't the answer. If Mason was given as much time as Kenny we might very well know that answer. Everything I see from Mason right now, not only is he the answer, but appears to be developing into a franchise QB. Duck would have never beaten Mason for the QB1 spot had it not been for the knockout concussion. While these two games are only a small sampling of Mason's ability. We did not previously have a large enough sample to determine he is not the answer. I hope we are able to keep him and regardless of Kenny's draft position, IMO the job is now Mason's to lose going into next season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    I'm sure he would like to get a fresh start somewhere else and leave his Steelers days behind him, can't say I blame him

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    And how did that work out last offseason

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1