1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Where's Goldburg now???

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rollers, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    pr however you spell his namme. Been a HUGE Keny pickett fan on here. C'mon man....

2. Brice

Brice

Jul 18, 2018
    I don't know what you are looking for, but I am still a huge believer that Kenny Pickett is the future for this team.

Also, a huge fan of Mason taking his shot this year, but I still believe in Kenny.

And, I don't understand why people are trying to drive a wedge between Mason and Kenny. I want Mason to be the QB for this year and Kenny for the future years. I still believe that Kenny is hands down a better QB than Brock Purdy will ever be. Give Kenny the right O.C. and stand back!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    That guy got banned.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I thought he had just put everyone on ignore.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    He has more time now to put his hands down his pants.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 10
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He did that first, then got himself banned.

7. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I really like Kenny. But Mason is a better option. Mason has a consistent deep passing game, with mixing up other throws. Also Mason stays in the pocket. Mason isn't afraid to stay in the pocket.

But remind you, Mason 2019 looked worse than Kenny Pickett. So what will Kenny look like if he was backup for a couple years, or however long Mason continues to be good.

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    I wonder if he even knows he’s banned

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  9. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I can't say I believe he is the future, but I also do not believe you bale on you first round pick with the situation he and the team were in. So new OC, dump the chump perhaps try and keep MR (if he would even want to stay...or bring in someone proven who can steady the boat and push KP. IDK if draft a QB mid rounds, unless a decent guy slips, but this is the year he sinks or swims..but as a business you always keep options open. We are not in a position to trade a storehouse of picks to move up, but passible 6 QB's go in the first 12 picks, if you really like a guy and he drops then you consider the cost.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I doubt Rudolph will be re-signed and go into next season with the job in hand. I imagine they would at least want a competition with Pickett. Two games against terrible defenses don't have me convinced that he would win that competition.

Rudolph missed on at least three deep passes against the Bengals, though one was under heavy pressure. He connected on two, and one required a spectacular catch on a throw that was behind the receiver and too close to the sideline. That is consistent?

Rudolph often refuses to move at all in the pocket, even times when a step or two up, back, or to the side would give him more room to throw. That approach is fine with opponents not generating pressure like the Bengals and Seahawks, but it won't fly against better defenses. What they need is something in between statue and bailing out too quickly.

Rudolph is the better option for Saturday. Beyond that, we'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I could say worse about Pickett with throws deep.
    I could say how many Pickens saved him.
    I could say how many easy defenses Pickett had that he just did meh.

I know this is fantasy football. But it does rankings of defense for passing.
    Screenshot_20240103_141213_Yahoo Fantasy.jpg

Kenny should have done great in Jacksonville and Houston. I get those were with Canada. However Kenny missed his easy game plan on connections.

Also.....
    Screenshot_20240103_141624_Chrome.jpg

Kenny only having 3 games over 90 rating, is a problem for me. With horrible ratings against Jacksonville and Houston.

Now Mason....
    Screenshot_20240103_141947_Yahoo Fantasy.jpg

Mason had harder defenses than Jacksonville/ Houston. And....
    Screenshot_20240103_142129_Chrome.jpg

Those two Games were over 110+ rating. Something that Kenny hadn't done in two years. And only once was over 100.

Screenshot_20240103_143031_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240103_143144_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240103_143237_Chrome.jpg

Kenny played 9ish full games. Rudolph 2 complete games. So 4.5 times more Kenny got to see the field. Yet, Mason has severally better connected deep throws per game average. Mason also has less poor by almost ten times. Mason has zero drops, and we have continued to see poor snaps to him. Only thing Mason is equal to is redzone attempts, however I will urge you to see the scoreboard.

I'm not saying, "omg Mason is amazing and perfect". But he's better than Kenny is. And Kenny needs to sit and watch and learn. Just like 2019 Mason did. Because Mason looked like a kid trying to walk for the first time, while on ice.

So yes, Mason starts next year, unless he performs a rating below 55 against the Ravens.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Mason is a free agent after this season. He will probably sell his services to the highest bidder.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Are we letting Benny back in if we make the playoffs? LOL.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm saying all we have seen is Rudolph against terrible defenses that put no pressure on him, so this assertion that he is better than Pickett not just now but long-term is dubious at best.

Sorry, but even three games isn't nearly enough to prove the guy deserves to be the locked-in starter going into next season, especially given that two starts came against terrible defenses and the third came against a team likely resting most of its key starters. Maybe the Ravens won't sit everybody, but three starters in their secondary are dealing with injuries, including Hamilton and Humphrey. I can't imagine they will have starters play through injuries in what is a meaningless game for them.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

Kenny played plenty of terrible defenses too, I will tell you in multiple places, in case you missed it :cool:

Kenny has missed on ~95% of deep passes this year - he has STUNK

I hope that helps you.

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s well beyond probably it’s certainly

And for what it’s worth that its what he did last off season only there was just one bid

Unless he sucks in Baltimore I suspect he may have more than one

17. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

he won't suck in baltimore, much to your chagrin.

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Why did you state this bull****

You do post some really dumb things

Or are you just trolling

19. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    Why do you believe Kenny is hands down a better QB than Brock Purdy will ever be? What are you seeing that leads you to that belief. I'm genuinely asking and not trying to be jerk or argumentative, I just want to understand your thought process on that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Goldberg.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Yep and he will do his best to increase his value which is why I got high hopes for Saturday.

22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Where is Benny Lava now? Guy was always accused of being a Raven fan. You'd think he'd be enjoying himself on the board if that were true.

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Blast stuck her in the trash can a while back

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022

I'd have to agree with you here.
    I've been watching Brock Purdy, and I was a big fan of him in college - thought somebody would have picked him earlier, like 4/5th.
    He is playing like a man possessed.
    He made those errors against the Ravens that brought him down.. those cost them the game.
    But he bounced right back.

I like Kenny and am nowhere near this crazy level of giving up on him.
    But Mason is playing well for now.
    I want a new OC more than a new QB.

• Like Like x 2
  25. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Damn, what's a guy gotta do around here to get banned? I've been trying for years!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5