1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Congrats Coach Tomlin on 17 years of non losing seasons

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Dec 31, 2023.

1. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    we understand that list since one of them was placed on our team and started for us Lost of course, go figure…lI could care less bout your list we’re the Steelers not any other team. Trubisky is a nice guy but he should never have been leading our team as our #1. Every Chi town fan could tell you that not sure why they didn’t get the memo. For your information we should not be having to depend on teams like the Jaguars, Titans, and the like to get into the playoffs. Look, we can debate later but I for one am just gonna enjoy the W here. You have a happy new year.

Go Steelers!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
  2. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Nobody made a big deal about being .500 or better back then either.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I hope you don't think anybody takes you seriously on here :rolleyes:.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
  4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    So, what do we do with our participation trophy

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    not finishing on bottom of div.< MORE impressive> even longer than non-losing season

6. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, we can stand proud of the "non-losing" seasons, but those 8-8 seasons could also be counted as "non-winning" seasons. With that said, we had three non-losing/non-winning seasons during this run.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Should the next coach get 170 wins, a Super Bowl, and no losing seasons, it would be satisfying.

Biggest point of it is, they are playing meaningful games. Not eliminated and just playing out the season.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    It don't mean much when you don't make the playoffs even if you won the last 3-4 games.I mean it happens in 2009,2013,2022 and maybe this year in the Tomlin era

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    The first rule of trolling is to not admit you are trolling. You need lessons from Goldburg. He's even hooked me a couple times, and I like to think I have excellent troll radar.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  10. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Triggered... what a laugh. Your mom is triggered. I'm only here to throw shade and mess with dickweeds like you.

11. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I'll go ahead and take my lumps now for that 35-0 beat down......

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    This streak would more value if the steelers would make the playoffs almost every years of this streak but this is not the case.If the Steelers don't make the playoffs, they will have missed the playoffs 7 times in 17 years during the Tomlin streak....7 TIMES :facepalm:

13. Lloyd&Green

Lloyd&Green Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2015
    This is interesting because I would think that Mason’s success would give all the Canada scapegoaters a little pause. Mason is playing under the same playbook and scheme as Kenny and Mitch. Mason hasn’t really done anything all that special to lead the offense to back to back 30 point games. He’s made a couple of big time throws but mostly he’s just taken what the defense has given him. He’s been able to read the field, stand in the pocket and go thru progressions. Those are the basics that Kenny and Mitch couldn’t do consistently for even 1 game. If Canada had a qb that could execute at a basic nfl level, maybe he’s not even fired. It’s not like he could’ve benched Kenny himself. We saw Kenny missing countless opportunities every single game while Canada was still the oc.

Dude, we all want to see the team get back to championship contention but it’s hard to win in the nfl. Tomlin has already led the team to 2 SBs so we know that when he has the team he can get them there.

The hard part is building that team. Not only do you have to have the talent, you have to be lucky with everything falling into place. The Steelers have had a lot of bad/ unfortunate luck. Shazier had his career cut short. Tuit retired early. Martavis lost his career to a weed habit. Ab had a meltdown. Leveon held out a year in his prime.

It’s funny you compare Tomlin to Harbaugh when they’ve basically won the same amount.

14. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    As a fan, having a chance means more than being eliminated. I’m sure the sane is true for the organization, its coaches, and players.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    [​IMG]

16. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    If you think the current offensive system is not a problem,I don't know what to said....Yes Pickett is terrible but overall,not because the steelers just had 2 very good offensive games in a row means that our offensive system is fine...The Steelers cannot make the same mistake again and be blinded everytime we have some success.I am happy with the last 2 games of Rudolph.

The Steelers are the only team in the NFL that would have kept Canada this year after 2 awful years on offense...the only team and the result was as expected...A disaster.

When they were 5-3 or thing like that they were one of the one worst team to have a record like that if we look at the way the steelers performed

And they had some luck since 2021 too

The last two games are the first time we dominated an opponent like that since a very long time but we can't ignore the other games before, so the steelers have work to do, coaching staff and players

17. Lloyd&Green

Oct 24, 2015
    You didn’t refute my argument. The offense would’ve looked much much better under Canada if the team simply had competent qb play. Illustrating how terrible the offense was under incompetent and subpar qb play doesn’t refute my argument.

18. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    What it mean much better under Canada?...Because they were in the bottom 5 or worst in so many category so maybe they would been just inside of the top 20 with better QB play if they are lucky but it would still not be good enough....

No guarantee we would have had the same result as we had in our last two games if Canada was still the OC too...And remember how much the offense were better in 2021 when Ben had more power in the play calling in the fourth quarter....almost half of the Steelers' points that year were in the fourth quarter and they also had 7 comeback wins that year so it wasn't really in garbage time

Canada was not qualified for the NFL, it was obvious...I gave him the benefit of the doubt after 2021 but it was obvious he was awful no matter what since 2022 but the Steelers have been too patient with him

19. Lloyd&Green

Oct 24, 2015
    Youre just tripling down on scapegoating Canada. You still haven’t refuted my argument.

Again, the team just scored back to back 30 point games led by Mason Rudolph who hasn’t done anything special. Mason did it under Canada’s scheme and with Canada’s plays. It proves the point that there were a lot more yards and points being left on the field by the other 2 QBs.That's all I’m saying. Hard to truly assess an offensive scheme being ran by incompetent QBs.

Tomlin had no real authority over Ben, Canada had even less. Ben ran his own offense whenever he wanted that last year.

Who are you to say that Canada wasn’t qualified for the NFL. What are your qualifications?

20. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016

You really need an explanation?!

In the last few years,it was talking so much of that in this forum,by analysts and even by opponents that our system was so vanilla and knew the plays that were coming, it was ridiculous....And no, I don't think our production would have been the same in our last two games if Canada would still be our play caller.

Roethlisberger had more success on offense in 2021 when it was him who was called the play in the fourth quarter and no it was not a coincidence

21. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Isn't it possible that Sullivan/Faulkner/Tomlin have evolved the offense over the past several weeks? And that's a contributor to the improved offense?

• Like Like x 3
  22. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    This is possible and this is one of the big reason why I think the offense would not product like that in the last 2 games is Canada was still our OC

23. Lloyd&Green

Oct 24, 2015
    I don’t “need” anything. I don’t agree with you. You’re the one who has a position you can’t really support.

You don’t know which plays Ben did/didn't call in his last season. Trying to base your whole “the offensive struggles were all Canada’s fault and he’s not qualified to be a nfl coach” position on your belief in hearsay that Ben only had success in his last year when he called his own plays, is weak.

Again, there was evidence every single game this year that Kenny and Mitch left tons of yards and points on the field with their inept play. On top of that, over the last 2 games we’ve seen how much better Canada’s scheme and plays work when you have viable qb play. You want to ignore all of that to stick with the “it was all Canada’s fault” narrative.

24. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Don't go bringing logic into this......

25. Rush2seven

Oct 17, 2011
    Someone disagreed with me, apparently they forget that the Steelers had to win out to be the 6th seed in 2005.