1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: Who should start at QB in Week 17 if Kenny Pickett is fully healthy?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hawaii 5-0, Dec 23, 2023.

1. Kenny Pickett

22 vote(s)
    20.2%
  2. Mason Rudolph

85 vote(s)
    78.0%
  3. Mitch Trubisky - I want a better draft pick

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Who is KSP? Asking for my dog the lab.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't think Mason is the long term answer, but I think he should get the chance to start against Seattle, he got many of the other receivers involved. Mason threw to guys underneath, and didn't force it like Trubisky would often do, Muth didn't have any targets but Mason threw it to other guys that were open.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    I also dont think Mason is the long term solution at qb. I just agree that Mason made our offense watchable for the first time in a very long time. Let the young man enjoy it. A lot of posters on here dont seem to want to give Mason any credit , defense sucked, KFP and Trib would do better, gets old.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't think the team has made that decision though. The team was 7 and 4 and at the 1 yard line against the Cardinals when Kenny went out. I would not put Kenny and Trubisky in the same category. Kenny had won 14 of his last 20 games when he went down. Comes down to whether or not you have decided that Kenny is not the guy. If you believe he isn't, then by all means, give him as many votes of no confidence as you like. If you still believe he could be the guy, then you start him as soon as he is healthy.

5. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm not hiding. Already posted that they should start Kenny if he is healthy. He is their 1st round starting QB. Don't draft a 1st round QB if you are not willing to give it at least 3 years. Couple that with firing the OC mid season, something they never do, which is admitting it was the OC that was the problem, and you have at least one more year of Kenny as the starter.

6. rush58

rush58 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2023
    mason is now the real deal if plays well in 2 games? smh man i wonder what ppl would have thought if cooper rush run a year or 2 ago had happened here in pittsburgh or jake browning the last 3 games prior to playing us? lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I want to see Mason against Seattle, but voted Pickett in a political maneuver.

I think Pickett may be able to play, but don't think he'll be 100%, so I tell him to sit again and give the ball to Mason.

Pickett should still be considered the team's starter, but strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

• Like Like x 2
  8. SteelLion69

SteelLion69 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2023
    Mason. Ride the hot hand and keep the team momentum going.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    That’s more than KFP, Trubisky and future draft pick would have shown. More potential than anything available.

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If we were completely out of it, I’d say that we should start whoever we’re most interested in evaluating for 2024. With the performance of the AFC South so far today, the #7 seed could legitimately be in play if we win out.

Rudolph played the best game at QB that we’ve had since Ben retired, so I don’t think we should even consider Pickett next week.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Similar except that their corners are more capable of bumping Pickens at the line and preventing the free releases he got all day vs. the Bengals. It will be interesting.

12. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    The same tired argument was used on why he wouldn’t do better than KFP or Trubisky against Bengals

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    We’ll see. I’m not saying Rudolph is Ben, but I think Tomlin should stick with the hot hand. And you know who else isn’t Ben? Kenny Pickett, that’s who. He hasn’t earned the right to be firmly entrenched as QB1. You know as well as I do that if you compare career stats Rudolph stacks up favorably to Kenny. Mason has EARNED another start. He may fall flat and he may ball out again. I’m not giving up on Kenny, but he hasn’t done jack squat this season other than the Bengals game. The Steelers aren’t going to the playoffs so let him sit, watch, heal completely and hopefully learn and then he can come back hungry next year with a real OC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    correct - so why should we suffer while he learns, we want to WIN

15. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

Rudolph should LIGHT THEM UP, he and a pounding running game!!

16. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

he played his best best game but they DON'T SCORE points with him. no reason AT ALL to rush him back this weekend, none at all. You mention that BenGirls are a bad D, so is SEA....

17. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Since the question is who SHOULD start, I voted Rudolph.

Tomlin will not start Rudolph if Kenny is fully healthy.

Starting a game does not mean you finish it. A whole lot of explaining to do if he starts Rudolph. Tomlin could start Kenny and say something like he could make a move if it looks like Kenny is not 100% to keep door cracked open to a change.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BigBensBigBong

Dec 14, 2014
    It must have been a mechanical error or a Bungle fan, LOL.

19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The casual fan does not understand this.

20. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    No question in my mind that the Steelers best chance of beating Seattle is with Mason. You have to be able to put points up on the board to win consistently, and Mason has shown he can do that better than Pickett or Trubisky. Even Pickett's best game this year he only put up 16 points. I've not given up on Pickett, but you have to go with the hot hand, especially considering Pickett just had a metal rod screwed into his ankle a few weeks ago

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. BigBensBigBong

Dec 14, 2014
    I would be shocked if he starts against the Hawks. Would be 10x more shocked if he played anything like he did against the Bungles.

22. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Need to get run game going early to set up PA later!

23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You understand KFP just had tight rope surgery three weeks
    Ago . Brock Bowers TE for Georgia had same type surgery I believe
    he was out for 6 weeks. I hope Steelers medical staff , coaching staff and Kenny make
    the correct decision. If he isn't ready he shouldn't be playing.

24. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    KP fans are downplaying what Mason did against an awful Bengals defense, I bet we wouldn't have lost to two 2-10 teams with Mason starting. Team finally felt energized, Tomlin would be a fool to snuff that fire out. And the only reason he want confirm Mason is starting is to try and keep Seattle guessing.

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Everyone on this board wanted Trubisky benched for this game.

You did know KFP played a very good game against Cincy right? First game the team had over 400 yards in 59 games. But his good game doesn’t count, just Rudolphs.

• Agree Agree x 2