1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: Who should start at QB in Week 17 if Kenny Pickett is fully healthy?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hawaii 5-0, Dec 23, 2023.

1. Kenny Pickett

22 vote(s)
    20.2%
  2. Mason Rudolph

85 vote(s)
    78.0%
  3. Mitch Trubisky - I want a better draft pick

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. rush58

rush58 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2023
    it helps when the other team keep giving the ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. rush58

rush58 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2023
    that's how i see it, but since everyone wants to ride the mason bandwagon i wouldn't start kenny this week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    kenny has been clueless, so far. it is rudolph the rest of the season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    When another team is scoring on You....You are forcing the other team to do things they didn't plan on doing. That is the game of football. By Mason lighting them up quickly.....it took the Bengals out of their game plan. Thats why We won 34- 11, and not like we won 16-10 the 1st time.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    the OFFENSE came ALIVE with him in there. nuff said

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    @gold
    i would address OL first and foremost. If a qb is available 4 or 5 rd worth taking, do it. Also try and pick up a veteran FA qb.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Crazy how Mason was able to get through all his progressions, even coming back around in some cases. Haven’t seen that in a long long time. I’d start Mason and rest KP again.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    it did not help Kenny ALL SEASON LONG. the EZ = kyrptonite

thank you, thank you very much

9. rush58

rush58 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2023
    kenny is not 5th year veteran.

10. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    we are not getting much help in playoff chase:rolleyes: but if Kenny was fully healthy id start him but he won't be 100 percent and if they do sign Mason and he does good these last 2 games you should let him be -1---finally and let Kenny learn for awhile.:steelflag:

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m one of them. I knew people were going to overreact if Rudolph had a good game. As has been mentioned, Pickett played his best game against Cincy.
    You know, the guy that led the team to its first 400 yards of total offense in 59 games. They didn’t eclipse 400 with Rudolph leading the way, not even with 4 big splash plays accounting for nearly 200 yards.

Oh but Blast the TD’s, what about those? What about them, he threw for 2 scores, not like he tossed 4 TD’s. If we are being honest you know Pickett was robbed of a TD. Blame the refs or DJ I don’t care but you all know he had a TD. So edge Rudolph, 2-1. Thats some huge advantage???

You can compare the rest below.

Pickett:
    24/33 278 yards
    0 TD’s (should be 1)
    0 Int

Team:
    421 total yards
    16 points
    22 first downs
    8/17 3rd down efficiency
    153 rushing yards
    1 rushing TD
    68 total plays
    TOP 37:17

Rudolph:
    17/27 290 yards
    2 TD’s
    O Int

Team:
    397 yards
    34 points
    16 First downs
    7/14 3rd down efficiency
    113 Rushing yards
    2 rushing TD’s
    Total plays 58
    TOP 28:11

The point of all this, Rudolphs good game is fools gold, because the next team will take away the deep passes and you’ll all be reminded why Rudolph is a 3rd string QB that couldn’t get an offer in free agency. Don’t try and sell me that Rudy wanted to come back here, no chance.

If Pickett is healthy, he will start, there’s no QB controversy until they make it one by starting Rudolph and they aren’t going to do that.

Bengals are a bad defense, a bad defense that inexplicably left Pickens in one on one coverage all game and did nothing to take away Rudolphs best trait, his vertical game. He is an extremely easy QB to defend against because his short/intermediate game is terrible.

12. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Mason would have dwarfed KP statistically if they weren’t ahead by three TD in 4th quarter. Steelers have never been ahead by 2 td’s let alone 3 scores under Kenny after 3 quarters. Kenny has had 24 starts and hasn’t shown improvement, yet his fanboy above wants him to ‘learn.’ Mason only has 12 starts and has dwarfed Kenny statistically. Last night was a better game at Qb than any Steeler qb not named Ben last 5 years. Sure we can draft another qb in first round and they can be bust just like Trubisky and KFP. Mason has most potential to be a solid nfl qb. If you don’t start him next week, there is no way he will sign with the Steelers and there will be other teams to sign him up. If Tomlin starts Pickett next week against Seattle, I can guarantee that he will struggle and offense will give up after first three and out. So will the defense. By the time Tomlin is forced to replace Pickett, it will be too late for the game. He will be forced to start Rudolph the last game. This will be damaging to Pickett. On top of that you lose Rudolph forever. Next year you draft another qb and we officially become the new Browns.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You mean the Bengals that just beat the Jags, and the Colts that we didn't . Those Bengals. The Bengals that we only beat 16-10 the 1st time, but beat 34-11 this time. Those Bengals???

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's a terrible way of looking at it, but I'd have to say I agree. I have noticed the ones poo pooing what Mason did last night....are also the ones that have been the most vocal on saying He sucks. Maybe I'm just seeing things, but thats how it looks to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    You start Mason next game in Seattle. Even Ben never had a good game in Seattle. If Mason continues to have a good game in Seattle, he is the real deal and you try to lock him up and ditch Trubisky ( ditch him regardless). If he struggles, you find a bit more about Mason and start Pickett the last game. If you start Pickett next game, chances are he will be replaced and that will be very damaging to his reputation. He will become toxic to Steeler fans just as Trubisky is now. On top of that you lose Mason forever as Steelers will be ‘dead’ to him. Patriots will probably sign him up.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Damn man, do we need to send someone over to ya for a wellness check? You sound legit mad that people don't hate Pickett as much as you do.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    How did I know you’d be the one to respond :lolol:

Now tell me what any of that has to do with Pickett also having his best game against Cincy???

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Seattle is a similar matchup.

Tied exactly with Cincy at 25th in run defense. 127.3 yards per game. so I expect Seattle to bring down the safeties to crowd the box against the run.

enter Rudolph the only QB on our roster who can throw long. DJ and Pickens healthy.

Maybe a flawed Seattle backup QB plays giving us three turnovers again.

Maybe the same script as Cincy game.

19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Do you know what they call the guy who graduated last in medical school

Doctor

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Very informative

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Wait, the same Rudolph that went and entire FA period without even getting a backup job is now going to get a starting gig because he had a good game against Cincy? Wow, that’s a Grand Canyon size leap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok there are 26 votes for starting KSP and there surely aren’t 16 responses exposing why

Are people voting and hiding so they don’t have to msn/woman up to their vote

Just asking for a … well myself

23. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Thank you for the concern. Ill lay off KFP. I just think he isnt the one. Merry Christmas.
    Also dont hate the guy, just dont think he is a starter.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    In other news… Andy Reid and Mahommes are hilarious in State Farm commercials!

25. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    No worries, my guy. I don't take it personally. I just don't see the organization giving up on him just yet, even if some think they should. I will admit though, I'm not all that impressed by him thus far but I really want to be so that's why I'm a little more open minded.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.:rawk:

• Winner Winner x 1