1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AFC Playoff Race

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TWISTER, Dec 10, 2023.

1. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022
    Might work out that way but we could beat the Colts and Bengals and lose the last two and be out. It's gonna take 10 to get in.

2. FoleyF

FoleyF Active Member

Oct 23, 2022
    The Steelers have some of the worst offensive statistics in the league. There is not going to be a miraculous turnaround…..unfortunately it’s over for us.

3. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022
    You're a Bengals fan, I'd bet anything on it.

4. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    it won't be the Steelers, let's get that straight.

5. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    u r a child

6. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    some here smoke crack, I do believe

7. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022
  8. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Screenshot_20231223_145707_Facebook.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022
  10. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Make the playoffs just so we can get our arse kicked in round one. No thank you

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022
    Looks like if both us and Cleveland are 10-7, we are in and they are out. Number of conference wins, I'm guessing.

12. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Better division record....

13. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022
    Thx. Was hoping someone would get the definite answer since I don't care enough to look since us winning out seems laughable. Thx again.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Is your life really that miserable

Or are you trolling

15. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Makes the Indy Atlanta game and the Browns Houston games worth keeping an eye on tomorrow now. If both the Colts and Texans lose there would be a 3 way tie with the Steelers at 8-7 still behind both teams having lost the tiebreaker but would keep them in it the last 2 weeks of the season.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Gotta watch out for the Broncos too, their last 3 aren't too tough and if they win out they're 10-7 and they'd win a tiebreaker.

Steelers are going to win out and have 3 of these 5 things happen

1. Bills lose once
    2. Broncos lose once
    3. Colts lose twice
    4. Texans lose twice
    5. Browns lose twice

Otherwise, they don't get in.

There are other paths but those are far more unlikely.

17. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Winning out will be tough enough, because Baltimore will likely need the last game to not only clinch the 1 seed, but also prevent dropping to a WC team.

If the Steelers do win out:

Bills could lose @ Miami, but I'd put the Bills chances of winning out at 80%.
    I don't see the Broncos losing any of those games.
    Texans play Browns and Colts, so gotta hope they lose both of those (which means Browns don't lose 2 unless they lose to Jets and Bengals - not happening)
    Don't see Jags losing twice

So it basically comes down to hoping for Colts to lose to both Falcons or Raiders AND Bills losing @ Miami. If both of those don't happen, won't matter what the Steelers do.

The loses to the Pats and Cards will come back to keep the Steelers out of the playoffs - as they should.

• Like Like x 1
  18. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Absolutely you can’t lose those two games and expect to make the playoffs. They were in a position at 7-4 going into that Arizona game where had they won even just one of the Cardinals or Patriots game they would be in control of their own destiny right now. This is getting very old and tiresome now the last 3 years this Steelers team under Tomlin always needs help the last 2 weeks of the season to get into the damn playoffs and you can’t continue to expect to get in that way every season and then tell Tomlin at the end of each year well that’s okay you had a winning season and kept us in it the entire time. At some point that just can’t be good enough anymore.

19. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Yup.

I think it should also spell the end for Tomlin. He wanted Trubisky here. He stuck with him stubbornly again and again when he stunk. He kept the Steelers out of the postseason last year with his crap game vs NE. He did it again this year. Rudolph showed how wrong Tomlin and his stubborn pig headed ways were. It should spell his end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    This is my least favorite comment that gets made around this time of year. If you qualify for the playoffs, you should be there....period. If you don't, then you shouldn't. There is no such thing as "a waste" or "don't deserve." The teams that don't deserve it, don't qualify.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Hard to tell who to root for in the Browns Texans game as either way you are gonna get help. If the Browns lose the Browns and Texans are both 9-6 and then if the Browns lose one of the last 2 to either the Jets or Bengals the Steelers would win the tiebreaker over the Browns at 10-7 based on division record. You would also still need the Colts to lose to Atlanta tomorrow and then their final game against Houston so the Colts finish 9-8 since you don’t own the tiebreaker on the Colts. You could also get in over the Bills at 10-7 if you win out and they lose at Miami that last game of the season based on a better conference record. So there are still a ton of this and that scenarios for the Steelers to get in and we will have a little bit better of an idea at about 4-430 tomorrow after the Colts Falcons and Browns Texans games at 1 o clock.

22. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    I'm sure Tomlin was going by his "gut" by starting a guy who almost always loses us games with untimely interceptions. Unfortunately, waiting to start Rudolph until today is probably going to be too little too late

Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
  23. RONN

RONN Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    This is what Ryan Clark was saying he's stubborn ways must change..Mason was to enter in that Cardinals game,.We would been better off i think.Now needing help from other teams

24. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea I agree 100 percent the time to not play Trubisky and give Mason a shot was during the Patriots game when they were losing and then starting Mason the next week in Indy. He proved today how much better he is then Trubisky and like you said they probably win the Patriots game if Rudolph plays. Tomlin continues to sabotage this team with his boneheaded terrible decision making and like you said at some point their needs to be consequences for these decisions in terms of Tomlin and his job security.

25. RONN

RONN Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    2 teams we could have beat if hard headed Tomlin didn't start Mitch.He knew he's an interception machine

26. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    The Steelers lose the tiebreakers h2h with the entire AFC South, but if they get into multiple way tiebreakers, they can still win tiebreakers involving multiple teams.