1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody miss Big Ben?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Dec 16, 2023.

1. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    :crycry::crycry::crycry:miss BEN we Miss ---Terry we need to just get our:poopy: together and start winning and get rid of quitters and int. throwers and get people who understand the Standard of Superbowl's and making teams fear us ---we are nothing but laughing stocks now especially when a former Pittsburgh kid on the Bengals calls some or one of our players a quitter he knows what the standard is and I bet it bothers him too to see our despicable team play Get your head out of your ass Steelers and win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    i hope we resign Kazee for long term contract because he wants to :club: teams

• Like Like x 2
  3. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    He definitely had a strong passion to "score"

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I guess my definition of in contention is different. Do you consider us being in contention right now? JMO>

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Well, if you also count receptions by the other teams its possible. JMO>

6. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    the standard of “non losing seasons” is now being changed to “in contention” in support of the suck tomlin is producing now.

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah, Ben from 2005-2008 the other years not so much :shrug:.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Playoffs. He has them in the hunt late into every season.

I don’t know about you but its more enjoyable watching each week when haven’t been eliminated from the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    Ben was great until the year he got hurt in 2019. I think it was Tomlin who did his best coaching until 2011, once he won a Super Bowl and went to another he established his reputation and then started slacking off, which effected the whole team and the underachievement started

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    A bunch of nonsense, Ben sucked in the playoffs in the second half of his career.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't believe anyone misses Ben's inconsistent performances. Ben did things his way regardless of the coaching he received. This is ONE narrative that is true throughout NFL history.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Yes and no. I miss what he brought to the team over a long career........but, those last couple of years, he was playing hurt and was definitely not the Big Ben from 5 years earlier. I think it was time for him to fade off into the sunset.....probably even a year or two earlier than he did.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yes, he did. Agree 100%

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    Since you’re putting words in everyone else’s mouth, so u prefer the current set of QBs *consistently* sucky play?

15. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    Ok, now we’re talking just playoffs? Ok, Ben still had a positive TD to int ratio of 11-8 between 2011 and 2017. The team sucked in the playoffs, not really Ben, and we were outcoached regularly when the talent level evened out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Biggest problem in the playoffs,the margin of error was very slim in some games in the 2010s and sometimes we had no good RB in a playoff game due to injury

17. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    If he had half the dedication that Brady, Manning or Brees had he would have at least two more rings. He always come into camp overweight and out of shape. Towards the later half of the season his body starts to fail him.

18. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    I still miss him. He was tons better than the losers tomlin is trotting out randomly every week.

Amazing how the guy who won us two SBs and will get into HoF was apparently too fat to be missed. :facepalm:

19. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I can’t imagine most of us don’t miss BB especially given how terrible our QB play is. However I think it’s fair to say if he trained and studied more he could have been even greater with his god given abilities.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben turned the ball over too much in the playoffs, and the offense would start slow too many times.

21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Facts doesn't matter to some fans, it's all Tomlin's fault for those playoff losses.

22. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    No but the one in 2011 and 2017 was just awful.The one in 2016 was bad too even if it would very likely not matter at the end but they did not play to win the game on defense with this pathetic gameplan

23. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Maybe he should have slid down to the ground the way they all did when the rush got close to them and just take a sack, instead of fighting for every second to extend the play to not give up on any play like those other quarterbacks did. I'm sure playing his ass off and taking hits had something to do with his body failing him.

I wonder how that would have worked behind the offensive lines Ben had to play behind?

Oh wait, yes I do. It wouldn't have worked. Then on top of fighting for every moment of every play, he gets blamed for holding the ball too long behind horrible offensive lines. Then people bitched that he was throwing the ball too short and getting rid of the ball too quickly at the end of his career. It couldn't have been the awful coaching and offensive system. No way.

Some people like to blame everything on the HOF quarterback and find fault with everything he did. The coaches could do no wrong. The defenses could never stop anybody when it mattered and would give up huge points in big games. The offense was often missing most of his weapons to injury. But yeah....it was all Big Ben's fault. He's a bum. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    I’ll give Ben credit for one thing

With Pickens and Johnson being such bone heads at WR Ben would have stepped up and addressed the issue

He would have done it poorly in the wrong forum passive aggressive and outright foolishly but he would have taken a leadership role and done something

KSP has not yet earned the right to step up and point fingers and apparently no one else on offense can/will

At least the defense has Cam TJ and Minkah

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Any other Qb has a 5td, and 1 int performance, and people say that's great...Ben has one, and people complain about the int.....yet I'm watching a Qb being called a MVP, and people are telling Me how His team only wins games because of Him, and His team has won two games He didn't score once in, and He had turnovers in. LoL. I would say different Qbs are judged differently. Putting it mildly.