1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Steelers vs Patriots Game Day Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Dec 7, 2023.

1. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Nope, not going anywhere. It just boggles the mind that you would watch a press conference given by someone you hate knowing, going in, that it's all going to be cliches and coach speak. That's not being a fan, that's insanity.

2. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

well - Tomlin unfortunately coaches the TEAM we love. it is the best we have, for now. So we watch. Yes, it is insanity - it is called being a FAN

3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    An insane fan. Maybe it's a hometown thing. I've been a fan of this team since 1972 and never cared what the coach would have to say win or lose. Of Course, I've only been to Pittsburgh once. I have caught bits of other coaches press conferences and, they're all pretty much the same. "We're on to Cincinnati"

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014

That's an oversimplification. Pens problems are much deeper than that. Their PP play is their biggest problem and has been for years. There is no net front presence. They have no one willing to pay the price in front of the net to get greasy goals. Even though Sid, Geno and Letang still play at a high level, the whole team insists on playing a speed game that passed them by in 2018. Their starting goal keeper shows signs of brilliance interrupted by far too many soft goals. They are often trampled by more physical teams. Any team that relies far too much on an eigth or ninth journeyman defenseman like Ruhwedel has poor depth on the blue line. Starting with DeBartolo's ownership and ramped up by Howard Baldwin, this team has been far too owner/player friendly which is why JR left. Yes, the arrangement brought them five cups, but with the talent it has had, it likely cost them two more. Rutherford knew he needed to recoup draft picks and youth at the NHL level to stay elite. He wanted to deal either Letang, Malkin or both but was over ruled by Mario. Now, they are paying the price. Montreal likely would have paid a king's ransom following the 2017 season for a French Canadian star defenseman. All we are seeing now is an old team still clinging to the belief they can skate with the top tier teams and skate around the more physical ones. Neither method no longer is works.

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    After your having posted it 137 times I’m finally coming around to the idea that Mitch may not be a good quarterback

:drinks:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Even STD has run for cover. I didn't see him around the Indy GDT.

• Like Like x 1