1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers-MT, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Does he win his Super Bowl without James Harrison insane play and Ben and SH making a play of the decade ?

They were Bill Cowher's players anyways.

Fire TOMLIN.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    He’s not going anywhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steelers-MT

Nov 9, 2017
    Well maybe I will then.

I live in Pittsburgh my whole life since 1978.
    BOO him.
    Another season at home for the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    3 playoff wins in past 13 seasons including this one

The 80s were better than this n they were BRUTAL

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Steelers-MT

Nov 9, 2017
    Tomlin is a fraud.

One liners mean nothing .

His mesage is lost now....

please leave MIke, no one listens to you anymore.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Any high school coach could take this team and not lose both of the last 2 games.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    Charlatan Mike's been exposed, and wearing the Emperor's new clothes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I’ve never seen a team so out-coached. Tomlin should be ashamed.

Terrible clock management and play calling.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Steelers-MT

Nov 9, 2017
    Cam Heyward , Minka , TJ ..
    all losers

10. Steelers-MT

Nov 9, 2017
    Hines Ward was a winner.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. rush58

rush58 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2023
    we just didn't win the weighted downs.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Steelers-MT

Nov 9, 2017
    This team has no leaders and it starts from the top.

Cam Heyward is a loser , he is .
    He doesnt have the fire to win . He is a soft kid that grew up with money .
    He can talk all day on TV,,,he is not a winner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    When you suck … all them downs are weighty like a MF.

I’m looking for some skinny downs, ones that just eat salad.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2023
  14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    What did I miss? Why is it "Throw Cam under the bus" time?

15. Steelers-MT

Nov 9, 2017
    Cam is not a leader... This team needs leaders...
    Minkah sucks too.....
    It bleeds from top to bottom.
    anyways cool
    another season with no playoffs

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    There was a time we could get a few 1st round picks if we traded Tomlin.

By the end of the season, we'll be lucky to get a 6 pack and a pack of Luckies

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    its time for TOMLIN to own his creation. This is his team, he built it , his coaches, he hired them, his decisions, he made them. The cliches' have to stop, speak like a man and own the damn mess!!! Its time to man up and say what it is, its a poorly coached team on both sides of the ball. Special teams isnt very good and how many more games do we have to watch Harvin shank two to three critical punts? The decisions that Tomlin makes in regard to personnel is mind boggling. Dont even get me started on why Mcfarland is even on the team still. There are too many ties to MD on this team that have or had no business being here!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I am on the fire Tomlin train too, but it is REALLY hard to win with what we've gotten from the QB position the last 2 seasons. I get that Tomlin is part of the identity (or lack thereof) of the team. I get that he had major sway in bringing Canada back to flounder for another partial season. But look around the league. What teams are actually winning games with terrible QB play? None are above .500 that is for sure. Except us. We lost to back to back 10 loss teams, but again... that is possible because the QB position has been atrocious for us. We can beat anyone (see Baltimore) if our defense balls out hard enough, but we can lose to anyone because our QB's have struggled to get to 200 yards passing all season.

It just sucks to watch the other AFC North teams trot QB after QB off their bench that out performs our starter (and back-up). It is quite possible that Kenny wouldn't make another roster in the AFC North outside of Pittsburgh (or Mitch/Mason for that matter). Lamar Jackson, Tyler Huntley, Joe Burrow, Jake Browning, Watson, Walker, DTR, Flacco... All these dudes have just been flat out better than any person in our QB room. It HAS to be fixed. This team can still win games, but the QB room HAS to be different next year or we are just going to get more of the same. Its the perfect year for a bit of a reset. Fire the coaches and clear out the entire QB room (we'd keep Pickett due to not having to pay him a ton, but we'd have to be trying to not be able to find two guys better than him that are looking for a job in 2024). Bring in a new HC, new OC, new DC. Set the tone that we want to be something we aren't right now. Then let those guys figure out what they want to do at the QB position. From there we could be in a good place... just my two cents.

19. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Someone will probably value him, there are teams that are DESPERATE for an established coach (Oakland, Chargers, Carolina). I am certain if we entertained it we could get something....

But a coach trade would be so out of the norm that I wouldn't expect it. I'd be fine just canning him and finding someone on the rise. We have a quality enough shell that we could reverse our fortunes pretty quickly.

20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Tomlin didn’t seem like himself in the post game presser.

Tomlin looked SHOOK!

21. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I think he was in shock that he lost to two 2-10 teams in four days. Usually when the chips are down and everyone is counting the Steelers out is when they rally to win a game but not this time or this season. He has lost the locker room and the players are just cashing paychecks the last few weeks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Have to agree with Cowherd on this one. At the very least they need a top notch OC but if by some chance they part ways with Tomlin, then the next coach needs to be an offense guy.

23. RONN

RONN Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    Ryan Clark said best, Tomlin needs to change his ways,He's very hard headed.
    A good leader adapts to the people they are leading and looks to get the best out of everyone, but everyone is different and requires different things.Tomlin needs to step down,he have failed

24. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Quit going to the games until Tomlin is gone, the owners only listen to the money.

25. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    We wasted this season by keeping Canada around until we FINALLY fired him.... In all honesty Austin can get the axe too. This team has been poorly coached for far too long.

I worry about the new OC too because we just don't have anything to work with at the QB position. We can put ourselves in better positions to win, but you just can't succeed at this level without proper QB play and we just don't have a QB on our roster who can do it. Pickett is awful, Trubisky is awful, and Mason is lucky to be in the league.

Dream scenario is to roast the HC and the DC, and bring in a young offensive mind at HC. Go find an established DC that is potentially coming off of a firing from a HC position (Bowles, Vrabel, Saleh could all be options but none are actually fired yet). Then let the new HC select what he wants at OC. Rip the entire QB room to shreds and see what we can do. I personally would LOVE Jayden Daniels if he becomes available, but if we don't go QB in the draft I would be good with moves made to acquire either Kirk Cousins or Justin Fields in the interim until we find what we want at the position long term.

This is a team that can win now. We are 13 games into a season with the most putrid QB play we've had since I've been alive (34 years old) and we are still somehow in playoff position... We just need the pieces in the coaching room and a QB who belongs in this league.

• Agree Agree x 1