1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

4 TD Passes 0 INT

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_d_curtain, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    What happened to him? I haven't see him around for awhile

2. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    He has 6 TD's in Pittsburgh and only 5 starts. I get some of those are in relief when Pickett has gotten dinged up (and that's been frequent), but he certainly can throw 4TD's in 4 starts (I'd actually be surprised if he didn't throw more than 1 TD pass a game over his next starting stint)... although, I am not buying that he's throwing 4 against the Pats. I think a really good game would be 2 with no INT's. I could live with that. This is a game we should absolutely win. Gotta come out with some fire.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Sucks for the entire fanbase and entire WR corps too. Not saying you aren't right (you unfortunately are), but you definitely shouldn't be.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :butcher:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I'm pretty sure this guy is drunk before lunchtime every day of the week.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Since Week 9 of this year no team has given up less points than the Patriots
    46 points total
    Crazy that they went 0-4 doing that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    They have only given 26 points over the last 3 games and have shut down a couple of pretty good offense's in the Colts and Chargers.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    This is brilliant actually. This is the drunk at the bar next to you on a rant to perfection. I can almost hear the slurring get more pronounced with each phrase and culminating in messing up" wash, rinse, and repeat" into a hilarious word salad. Bravo!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm thinking about his whole body of work. He was so awful in Chicago that they ran him out of town like a common pygmy. I have zero faith in Mitch. I hope he can prove me wrong.

10. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    <--------------------------thinking of Mitch playing not Kenny

11. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    c'mon Mitch let me get back to my true icons

12. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Well....big something vibes here! :facepalm:

13. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023
    I'm not sure why every discussion about a quarterback turns into a pissing contest.

I really like Kenny Pickett and hope he gets healthy and is able to improve as a player. I really hope he is good enough to be the future of the team.

With that said, I hope Mitch Trubisky lights it up Thursday night. This is simple. I root for whoever is playing for the Steelers at any position to play great in every game. I'm a fan, so the ultimate goal is winning games and having a chance to play in the playoffs. Win every game, regardless of the team's record.

This isn't difficult folks. I am obviously not talking to everyone here.

Why do so many fans try to destroy these players and insult them personally? It's just incredibly pathetic and sad. These people think they are making a great statement about the player with the insults, when in truth they are making a tremendous statement about themselves being classless.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I agree like him or not Mitch is going to be our QB the next 3-4 weeks. Let's root for him to rally the team and win a couple of games.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    1 TD
    1 int
    1 fumble

Loss

16. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I know they just recently legalized something over in Ohio. Have you gone over there to get some of the good stuff my friend?

17. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    It's actually pretty simple really. The prevailing thought amongst the torch and pitchfork crowd is that a complete dive bomb by the Steelers the rest of the season will undoubtedly spell the end of the Tomlin regime. Along with him goes the rest of the coaching staff, Pickett and any other player not meeting their expectations.
    As a cherry on top, Art II will realize he really doesn't care about this team, so eloquently pointed out by some of our esteemed board members here. In which case he will sell the team to the most glorious owners the world has ever seen. They won't buy the team to make money! This isn't a business to them. They'll build the team the way the fans want them to. Just as it should be! Within 2 years, the Steelers will be back in the Super Bowl and the miserable Tomlin era will be nothing but a distant memory.

I think that about sums it up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  18. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    Not gonna lie, but if Trubisky (or Mason) would come in throw a couple picks but also also notch 2 or 3 passing TDs, I think I'd probably consider that to be a fairly significant upgrade over the 0 picks and 0 passing TDs that we usually get out of Kenny. Would playing in that way look reckless? Absolutely. But that sort of performance would at least denonstrate that this offense has a willingness to be aggressive, and an understanding that that with greater risk, there may be a greater reward.

In fact, I think some recklessness is actually something that this offense has been in desperate need of for awhile now. Kenny hasn't turned the ball over (lately), but he also just plays it so safe and so pedestrian, it's just kinda brutal to watch most of the time. This team may think it has some sort of playoff hopes, but I think any realist knows that even if the Steelers sneak into the post-season, they aren't going to advance. As such, I think this would in fact be a good time to just let the ball rip and actually see what we've got with our backups, especially now that we have some semblance of a running game to compliment the riskier plays.

In any case, I obviously hope your prediction is accurate although betting on it happening that way would probably be even more reckless than Trubisky eyeing up a pass into triple coverage. :lollmao:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  19. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    I knew I shouldn’t have clicked on this

20. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    I love being a Steeler fan. We are one of the few fan bases that implode at 7-5. The only thing more cathartic than this board is Pittsburgh Dad.

21. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    It probably won't, but I'm not sure how good New England's pass rush actually is.

22. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Typical!

Last 3 Games Harris/Warren 500 yards rushing.

Our QB can’t hit targets, can’t read the defenders, has no clue, brain dead in the pocket, afraid to throw pass 10 yards, braces himself 20 seconds before a hit.

But ok let’s blame the OL this time cause we can’t blame Canada anymore. Our OL besides a few bad snaps is under rated.

23. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

NO WAY

our D is too good, NE flat out BLOWS

• Like Like x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    No

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time