1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the game on Thursday against the Patriots a must win?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Dec 3, 2023.

1. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Head to head will come first if the tie is only between houston and pittsburgh. If there is three or more teams tied, all teams involved must have played each other in order for any of them to use head to head.

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That's one way to look at it. Another is that Sunday was an anomaly and the team the Steelers very recently smacked around is trading punch-for-punch with the Jags.

Of course, there is one very big difference between the team the Steelers played last week and the one playing the Jaguars tonight. The Bengals got Tee Higgins back. He isn't having a big night, but just his presence makes them tougher to defend.

I know the Steelers probably wouldn't spend big money on a free-agent receiver, but man, I'd love to see them steal Higgins from the Bengals.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Well 2 of the remaining 5 teams aren't very good. We tend to win games we all think we are going to lose (see Ravens earlier this year) and then throw up a stinker at least once a season against a horrible team (see Sunday). Thursday night at home vs the Pats is primed for a bounce back win, then we have a big game vs. the Colts. I know the Bengals beat the Jags last night, but I wouldn't expect Browning to look that good all year. 3 games is doable, but obviously not guaranteed. We also could easily win the next 4. We could also lose Thursday and look like clowns. All options are on the table.

4. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    The player talent is at least aveage, if not slightly above. I trust the new GM already after jut one year of mega improvement over Colbert. What we don't have is an actual HC. We have a high school JV coach that coaches like he never played football before. He's coaches like his is the badmitton intramural team coach that was asked to fill in as HS JV football coach until they can find a competent replacement.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

yes - that makes sense.

thanks

7. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    4 pick six's? I know Mitch throws a lot of int's. but even I could not imagine that. lol I hope you are right, but my imagination has waned a bit.

8. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I know you are right, but the entire organization finds ways to not make their goal a reality.

9. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    This isn’t by any stretch of the imagination a SB-contending roster. So I wouldn’t call it a must-win.

If they want to sneak into the playoffs, so they can have another one-and-done, then yes it’s a must-win game. In the grand scheme of things though it doesn’t matter all that much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    At the moment before the big game in America tonight we are a 5 seed. So we win tonight we will remain a 5 seed. Yes I was hoping to be 9-4 but 8-5 will make for nice scoreboard watching in the AFC this weekend.

So please win this game! don't care how ugly it is and 6-3 win would be same as 35-0 win so just frigging play a game of football.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    There all must wins now, Playing with passion
    and urgency should be on all people minds associated with the team.

12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers lose tonight... and the season is over. Even if the Steelers somehow squeak into the playoffs, they don't have enough offense to hang with the division leaders on the road. Might as well start talking draft and free agency anyway.

13. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The rest of the country is laughing at these two teams right now.
    This may be the worst ratings for a Thursday Night game.

14. aregeejay

aregeejay Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2014
    Today is embarrassing, now it's TWO days.