1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the game on Thursday against the Patriots a must win?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    I feel you, but I'd rather see them get blown out in the playoffs then not make it to the playoffs

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. RONN

RONN Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    If the Steelers lose thursday night, Texans have the tie breaker. We be 2 games behind Texans because they whip our asses

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    A big must win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    An Embarrassing moment this stale franchise deserves. Really hope Tomlin doesn’t get to his yearly goal of 500 ball this season. What a fraud.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    100% healthy I'd agree. Look at the AFC, it is wide open. We won yesterday we'd be in the frigging home field advantage race.

Sidebar: I do enjoy seeing Mahomes and company taking a hit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    If we'd have won Sunday I'd have been over the moon pumped for TNF. I even made plans to watch at friends house since I don't have Amazon Prime. I'll be in bed now.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Pats will probably try and tank the game for a top 3 pick but will end up winning anyways against this awful Steelers coached team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    must win for WHAT?

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    The position had better come with significant health benefits.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Vegas knows the Pats are tanking for North Carolina QB. Reason line is 6. Cant believe over is 31.5. That might be total points scored by both teams the last 5 games.

11. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    we lost to the 2-10 CARDINALS and lost the tie breaker to the Texans!

we are a joke.

it is only a MUST win so some of you can brag that MikeyT has never had a losing season.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

Mitch JUST might light it up! He has NOTHING TO LOSE and much to GAIN. it would FURTHER EMBARRASS Pickett.....

13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Why not, let's get that 21st pick in the draft:rolleyes:

14. Tweezer

Tweezer Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Steelers still ahead of the Texans though.

15. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022

You'd think that means an auto 'L' for the Steelers, all we have is Tomlin, and we know how bad he is at planning and X's and O's. That said, Belichick is proving that he was just along for the ride on the Tom Brady show. He is proving to be a pretty crappy HC too. Brady carried Patriots in spite of Belichick and Ben carried Steelers (not far enough, often enough) in spite of awful Tomlin.

This could be the game with the most mistakes all year...and oddly, fun to watch.

I mean, two dumpster fires can add up exponentially into a firestorm. I expect to see just a few molten glass rocks left where the dumpsters used to sit.

16. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

today means NOTHING.

if we end the season TIED with them, they are in and we are out, UNLESS we win the division.

17. Michael E

Mar 2, 2022
    Well, if there is one game Belichick could dig down and find any sliver of coaching ability (he and Tomlin both awful, carried by QBs) its against Tomlin. He loves to beat Tomlin because all he hears is what a great coach Tomlin is (FM says "tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies...tell me, tell me lies.")

Hoping the Pats win. We need Tomlin gone and losing to a bunch of crappy teams the rest of the way SHOULD do it. It won't but the Rooneys will get a whole heap of ridicule and deservedly so.

18. Michael E

Mar 2, 2022
    We have to get our annual wild card beatdown. Nothing quite says the holidays like losing 41-10 on national TV to a team not good enough to get a Bye.

We also must stomach all the "Tomlin is a great coach" crap from analysts and commentators.

We also must then wish someone, ANYONE would take this "great" coach off our hands so we can actual be a REAL NFL team with actual Super Bowl aspirations.

We must endure the .500 season that ends in the college equivalent of playing in the Toilet Bowl in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska on December 25th...and lose in humiliating fashion.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tweezer

Tweezer Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Guess I'm missing something...why would they not be ahead of us now?

20. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    No they won't. Stevenson and Zeke should be able to run against the D with injuries piling up. Juju and Zappe will have their best game of the season.

21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    As I will be at this game I will be going crazy with the rest of the Steelers Fans. Hanging with friends a bit, just the essence of the Pittsburgh experience.

Might be one of my last games that I go to. Hoping my winning streak is not tarnished seeing them live.

And yes its a must win...

• Winner Winner x 3
  22. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    The Steelers win by 10 Thursday. Vegas has us 6 point favorite because they know Pats are tanking for a QB. It is Belichicks last year to show he can rebuild part next year ans he know Mac Jones and Zeppe suck as$. A star qb in the draft is his only chance to break shulas records for wins. If pats win, bye bye franchise qb pick. We win this week and Bengals game and lose the rest.

23. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I'd say for most NFL viewers it's a must miss.

24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Speaking of misery, beware if you wake up and Cathy Bates is staring down at you...... upload_2023-12-4_11-25-1.jpeg :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Winner on that. You put on the green dot....is almost as bad as putting on a red uniform, and beaming down in old Star Trek.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3