1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What if...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Worm assassin, lmfao

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    The only thing is, there is no would'a, should'a, could'a in what I posted. Those things absolutely did happen.

You can make all the adjustments you want. But if you dont have the guys to get it done, it ain't happening. Plus there is a human factor. When everything is going wrong, frustration sets in.

3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Here's another analogy. Was Kyle Shanahan to blame for the NFCC game last year? Was it his fault he got blown out? Whole different game if Purdy is in there. Point proven yesterday.

Blame Tomlin all you want to. There were a TON of obstacles to overcome yesterday. Let's not forget that it started raining once the Steelers were down. 2 weather delays effected both teams, but certainly made for an odd Sunday of football.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    We need to start talking about Football IQ with this team. Really from the coaching all the way down to the players, but especially the players. It's a problem. If there's anyway to determine that before a drafting a player they need to start doing it. You're not going anywhere with a dumbazz team and the number of boneheaded plays I've seen this year stands out more then anything I've seen in the past. Special teams has been a mess. You got players toe tapping kick off returns going out of bounds, running muffed catches out of the endzone. You got a QB who not only cannot read defenses or formations, but as a result he can't audible. I thought they were holding him back. It's because he's incapable of doing it. Not to mention has zero pocket presence and constantly rolls into pressure. We won't even talk about the receivers...especially Diontae. If it wasn't for football this guy would be licking windows at a car wash. I would be real curious what he would be doing outside of football.

Why are we continuously running poorly designed screens? Why go away from a run game against a team thats poor against the run. No better plays from the 1 then a run up the middle?

They really need to hire a person like me who dgaf to come in and do a rundown of head scratching plays and behavior after a game. I'm calling out everybody. They just need to pay me enough money so when they beat my azz afterwards I can feel like it was worth it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Big difference,it was that Shanahan had no QB for half of the game and a pratice squad QB for most of the first half against a great eagles team....Yesterday for the steelers,it was against the 2-10 Arizona Cardinals.Zero excuse!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yep. A lot of stoopid on this team. I think preseason they need to go over basic rules and decorum and drill them in specific scenarios. I know in the heat of a split second decision one can goof, but it happens too often and can be costly. Football 101 might be needed.

7. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022

Cole can't look over a few blades of grass. Sick of it.

8. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

won't happen. We've been playing football 101 - protect the ball, dont turn it over, create turnovers, etc. We AVG 1 offensive TD a week. We suck.

IF Tomlin and Pickett are here next season, be prepared for much of the same. They won't bring in a Class A OC. When was the last great OC we had here? Whizenhunt was strong, Gailey was young, but talented. BArians? No. Haley? Big name and decent but not great. he DID save Ben's career.

be prepared for years of stink if the same leadership stays in place.

It's NOT about a few more good players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

how about this - he was IN THE NFCCG last year.

thank you, thank you very much

some of you must work in gov't - where results and accountability don't matter

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Its a sad state of affairs from the top down. Coaches as well as players.

Just hoping they can muster up a win against the cheats to keep my never being at a game that they lost.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Well that and only scoring 10 points

12. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    This is valid. The issues you mention seem to be issues year in and out. We have been able to overcome some minor dumbazzery this season. We might have been able to overcome them in this game as well. Just too many injuries at key positions. Add that on to the points you mentioned and you end up with what we saw yesterday. A **** show.

13. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    No just getting sick and tired of people who whine about coaching without taking into consideration anything that actually happened in the game. The offense already sucks. Take away your starting QB and LG. Yeah....It makes a pretty big freaking difference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Speaking from personal experience it depends on what part of the government you are involved with

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Yeah but if Kenny was in there we easily would have scored 13. LOL

In all seriousness, If not for a horrible play call on the 4th and 1, and a missed Bos field goal the Steelers could have put up 20. That 4th and 1 at the goal changed the whole game. Momentum switched, and now you are staring at the rest of the game with Trubisky at QB. It all went downhill from there.

16. Pappy928

Pappy928 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2019
    They stunk. Prep was bad and that's coaching.

The couple passes Kyler hit deep (one for the td) were well defensed. Other than that he threw poorly long. However, as the coaches should have prepped for was the short and middle (Mcbride)..... they didn't. He had 80 some yards first half. How can you not be prepared.

Offense had rhythm for a bit and then they shot themselves in the foot with mistakes.

They got embarrassed. It's not like the old days I guess...diontae should have been bi$ch slapped on the sideline after that td.

17. Pappy928

Pappy928 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2019
    So Thursday they will probably come out and win which will lift our spirits only to fool us once again.

All season Cole has dribbled snaps, yet here we are. Cole starts.

Someone posted Warren should have been running on the goal line because he's a rocket! ... well, he did later and got stuffed. It's not the backs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    A prime example of that was in the Cleveland playoff game a couple of years ago. Got the Steelers off their game and they never recovered.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This is 100% accurate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
  21. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The problem with your posts is you're pointing to individual games and trying to draw conclusions from them. Shanahan lost his starting QB in the NFC championship against one of the best teams in the league. That's not similar to what happened to us, at all. But even if it was, it's 1 game. Nobody cares about 1 game, either our game or the SF game last year.

I prefer to look at the entire body of work. What has this team accomplished over the years? Are we competitive against the good teams in the league? Do we play smart, sound football more often than not? The list of questions can go on forever. In the end, what I've seen for a very long time now is a team that routinely makes dumb mistakes, doesn't seem to put their players in a position to succeed, is not consistent, plays down to the competition and can't win when it matters.

Who cares about 1 game at this point. Based on Tomlin's entire tenure here, who actually believes he's going to turn this thing around? As we lost our SB core, we've steadily gotten worse and worse. We have had almost no playoff success despite having some incredible talent on the team. We've gotten embarrassed in the playoffs by very mediocre QB's.

This game is only 1 game, but this BS has been going on for a very long time now. Every other franchise in the league would have fired Tomlin by now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    The body of work for this season is 7-5 despite injuries everywhere and a putrid offense.

Let's say Mitch and the Steelers would have eeked out a 13-10 win. Does that solve anything? Win or lose, issues exist. I dont understand why we have to call for all the coaches to be fired after every loss, even one such as this with insurmountable odds.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Where’s Josh dobbs, Robert Spillane, and Kevin Dotson when you need ‘em?

24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I am not blaming coaching entirely, but the Steelers were playing poorly long before all those injuries hit. They should have had control of the game before any of them happened. The game was over by the time Watt got hurt, so it really doesn't make sense to include that in your argument.

• Winner Winner x 2
  25. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Mike Tomlin's impersonation of Morpheus: "What if I told you we would play like a JV squad."