1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the game on Thursday against the Patriots a must win?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Dec 3, 2023.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    No way will they lose to another two win team at home :rolleyes:.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Its hard to say with this team. Now they got some significant injuries, defense looks defeated, no adjectives to describe our offense. Hopefully we can improve on today’s performance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Want to bet ? Pats win easily but Bill might just be tanking to help Kraft with that said a tanking Pats will probably still beat a Steelers team trying to win

4. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    We will win Thursday because pats are tanking for a qb.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Pats are historically bad. I expect the worst from this team on any given week, but losing to the Pats would be a new low for Tomlin.

6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Based on injuries and the short week this game will probably boil down to coaching.
    I'm nervous.:unsure:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  7. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    That does not matter it’s Tomlin coached team anything can happen I’m sayin Pats 16 Steelers zero

8. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    If that’s the case Pats win 50-0

9. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    The stinky loss today killed my family's excitement for going to the game Thursday. That is more disappointing to me, than the loss itself.
    Then I went down into my Steelers basement and worked out. All the while looking at all of the incredible Steelers memorabilia I've collected over the last 40+ years.
    I'm going to enjoy the experience of the city of Pittsburgh and if I have to be miserable because the team stinks, I'll be miserable with my family and thousands of other Steelers fans that are just as miserable as me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I might as well start drinking tonight just to prepare for this upcoming snooze fest!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    The Patriots have a very good defense. So at the maximum the Steelers will score 10 points. The Patriots D will force a couple of turnovers to give them a short field and I expect one monumental blunder by our special teams to give them another score. 17-3, New England.

• Like Like x 1
  12. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    It sounds like Pickett is gonna miss multiple weeks with his ankle injury and it doesn’t sound or look good right now. I’ve about reached my limit as far as seeing Mitch Trubisky play and he is gonna be on a very short leash for me on Thursday if he stinks up the joint. Don’t know if Mason Rudolph will be much better but I think at this point everything and anything should be on the table with this team and that includes turning to Rudolph one more time if Trubisky continues to not impress and not do much and so far this season when he has come in he has not done much if little at all for me to just hand him the job and not consider going to Rudolph.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    They are so physically and mentally beat up I don't know what to expect. Every player I saw interviewed after the game looked like they just survived a hostage crisis; like they had no answers for the whooping they just got from a 2-9 team. I don't expect much to change from now until Thursday. I would not be at all surprised if they lost. How or why is anyone's guess but I would submit foolish penalties, missed tackles, turnovers and lack of talent at key positions due to injuries will be the major reasons why.

Anyway, to answer the OP's question, yes, it's a conference game so it's a must win. They can probably only afford one more loss. Unfortunately, I think they're likely to lose to the Colts and Seattle. They might be competitive against Baltimore who by then won't have anything to play for and will be resting starters and Pittsburgh will just be playing for pride

Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  14. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Can they replace Canada with Tomlin on their "Fire Canada", signs and Chants for Thursday?

15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Maybe. I see they’ve posted a job for “Inside LB who can wear the green dot” on monster.com.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  16. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Never underestimate (I mean overestimate) Tomlin's (lack of) preparation for bad teams.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Only if you’re trying to go 1-0 each week.
    ???

18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Yes, it is a must-win game. Yes, there is a very good chance they are going to lose it. The offense is even worse without Pickett. The defense has been gutted by injuries. Even the Patriots can probably take advantage of that for a drive or two, which will probably be enough.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Obviously it's a must win game. If they lose, there's a very slim chance of them making the playoffs

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Must win for what? The season was lost today. This team is going nowhere..Cannot overcome the injuries, or bad coaching, or undisciplined millionaire athletes

• Agree Agree x 4
  21. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Exactly my sentiments as well. I don't really want to waste another weekend day watching this team get humiliated in a wild card game anyway

22. aregeejay

aregeejay Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2014
    Who cares? Steelers done did blow this season all to hell.
    With the past two weeks, the jr varsity steelers have totally embarrassed themselves on NATIONAL TV. The whole world knows how inept the "steelers" are.

Rooney....time to get PROFESSIONAL players.....start with the ENTIRE "COACHING" staff.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  23. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Rag arm, Rudolph or triple coverage Trubisky well it’s December might as well. Go with Rudolph.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    The rest of the way is "must win". We can probably only lose 1 more game... maybe 2 to get in the dance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    The Steelers struggle on offense. And the Patriots somehow have one of the best defense in the league. So we definitely won't be moving the ball up and down the field on them. Need to protect the ball too.

It's really going to be the D vs NE offense. Patriots offense is dreadful. My fear is this Zappe guy will make two or three big plays that our offense cannot overcome.

There's also history. Patriots have pretty much owned the Steelers. Although, most of that was when they had Brady.

Losing back to back home games to two win teams would be an embarrassing moment for this franchise.