1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

GDT: Steelers at Bengals 11/26/23

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Nov 26, 2023.

1. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    They are pretty much finished. Yeah, they might sh!t out a couple of more wins and might squeak into the playoffs but they aren't going anywhere. Their super bowl was last week.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    He needed to make that play (he did, but no challenge... it is what it is). There are just so few opportunities for the WR's that they absolutely HAVE to execute when they have them.

Its a modern day athlete problem though. They need those numbers to make money on their next contract. If you were part of a team at your own job and some idiot was making it really hard for you to look good and get paid more on your next promotion opportunity, you'd be pissed too. I know I would. Sometimes you gotta realize this is 99% of the money these dudes will make for the rest of their lives. They need to maximize it the best they can. Hard to blame the WR room for a bit of frustration.

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The defense took advantage of an overmatched backup quarterback. It was very close to an even more dominant performance. Watt had a strip sack on Browning with no teammate close enough to recover the fumble. They got big pass plays on a ball tipped at the line, the near sack by Sullivan, and what should have been an interception bouncing off Kazee's hands. To give up only 10 points despite all of that going against them was damn impressive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. martingale

martingale Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2023

You are absolutely right on the # of opportunities…
    Still Pickett threw twice to DJ in the red zone and both were incompletions. Neither was a perfect pass. The first pass was a bit late and the second pass was too much to the inside allowing the DB to make a play. Still, elite receiver makes at least one of those catches..

Actually what impressed me today was the 3rd down play of KP, his accuracy down field, and the increase in chances the offense took. What did not surprise me is the constant # of mistakes the team makes. From DJ trying to stretch a 1 yard gain to a 5 yard loss, to poor OL blocking, and Pickett checking down too much. I am not shocked the team had more yards this week. I am disappointed we only got 16 points.

I am actually pessimistic about this team. I believe the team only has two great talents (Watt and Minkah) followed by some good to just above talents in Heyward and Highsmith. I think Porter has the potential to be a good CB. But when it comes to the offense it’s just mediocre right now..

5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Then you missed them or forgot them. There were quite a few shots of him communicating with players after they moved him down to the sideline.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Pickett wasn't perfect, but he was very good. Of course, the blown call on the pass to Johnson in the end zone cost him a touchdown. I forget if that was far enough out that it also cost him 300 yards.

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Johnson would stat for many teams. So would Pickett. Harris and Warren are both legitimate starters. Daniels and Jones would start on many offensive. Freiermuth finally got healthy enough to remind us he is a very good tight end.

8. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    There’s the Turnover from Allen to kill them off.

9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Oh I saw him. Most of the shots were him sitting next to Kenny.

maybe the more correct thing to say would be it was looking like they were actually coaching and getting/giving feedback.

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    There were also reports the players started to tune Canada out, against the Browns I heard that Pickett ignored Canada on the sideline when he tried to talk to him.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Browns lose
    :herewego::yeehaw:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Take your pessimistic azz outta here.....Everyone that's watched Canada's sh!t show of an offense is pretty damn happy with today's results.. Not a perfect game by any stretch, but a huge improvement in just ONE week..Just possessing the ball and getting first downs will do wonders for the defense...You just got Muth back, Cam back, gonna get Fitzpatrick back and you're in a position to gain some momentum. You surely haven't played great ball all season, but find yourself only one game out of first place in the conference...So I'm gonna be a realist, not a pessimist and have some optimism for the remainder of this season.

13. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Good to see Buffalo with no Defense

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I hadn't heard that, but I had read that they wanted him gone. I wonder if all of the frustration after the Cleveland game was directed at him or if it was split between him and Pickett. I imagine they are even happier that Canada is gone after today's game despite the low point total.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012

I can still see them beating the Jets and Bears, which would send them at 9-7 playing the Bengals trying to get in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    I see playoffs in our future.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Awesome game today!!! Going to be fun end of the season!! Just need to avoid the whining on the forums rest of the season. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  18. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Good luck with that one! :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Then You shouldn't be allowed to watch again. LoL

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That same team was 6-10 the year the Drafted Ben. This team was 9- 7-1 when We drafted KFP :shrug:

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Do you think either the 2022 or '23 Steelers are as good as what they had in 2004? Is their offense as good?

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I can't tell.
    You know I stand behind KFP, but the Qb play has been so low ....it's hard to say.....
    I know Ben was washed, and yet in his last 16 games with Canada as His OC He had 22 tds.
    We only have 18 tds in the last 28 games. So it's hard for Me to really get a read on the weapons we have.
    I also know DJ had 15 tds in two years with Ben, and only has 1 td 28 games with Trubisky/KFP. So again. I can't say forsure.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    They had a Hall of Fame guard in his prime anchoring one of the better offensive lines in the league. They also had a quality pair of running backs. They had Hines Ward, who was better than any receiver on this team. So yeah, they were better.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I'm pretty slow in the brain obviously but it just dawned on me after watching the replay several times that the guy DJ was supposed to be blocking, was the guy who quite easily picked up the Warren fumble. The optics of that play are just terrible.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Those are the two games I see them winning as well. Their defense is good enough that if their inept offense can score 13 to 17 points they can make it stand up. In the WC round for example, if they would have to go to say, Jacksonville, I see them hanging around for the first half, but losing by two possessions eventually.