1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Has to be the end of the Pickett Era

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Redsteel, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    There was a clip circulating of Pickens about a month back where he was on the bench talking to another player and you could see him say “I like him, bro but this ain’t it.”

It was speculated he was talking about Canada but now I’m thinking he meant Pickett.

Who knows. There were also players saying that Pickett has that It factor but sure not looking that way. The only reason I haven’t given up completely is because he has a knack for coming from behind to win.

Unless Khan shocks everyone we will most likely see Pickett get another year with a new OC. It’s not impossible for Pickett to develop. Hurts had one of the most God awful seasons I have ever seen and the next season the light went on and he’s been great since. Difference being is Hurts has worlds more physical gifts than Pickett.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I of course had no Qbs. LoL. I had CBs, safeties, and other D players. I wanted CJ Stroud in the next draft.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    #fakenews

• Like Like x 3
  4. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Since October 1st, Kenny Pickett and Anthony Richardson have the same amount of touchdown passes (2). The only difference is Richardson last played on Oct. 8 before undergoing season-ending shoulder surgery. Now let that sink in. :hmmm:

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Indubitably

• Like Like x 1
  6. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    At least Pickett does not give the ball away. Our other two QB`s are a far worse option.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Turn over machines.

8. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    Yep, I'm ready fro Trubisky 3.0, or is that 4.0? wait a minute it could be 5.0...

Nope it's no good i've lost count, how about we go for Trubisky Redux, or Trubisky: The Director's Cut?

9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017

This post needs stickied.

Basically before we chop Kenny's head off, give him a chance with a new OC.

Maybe one that actually utilizes a 6'8" tight end that can catch in the middle of the field. Watch the confidence grow back. Because right now we see a dog with his tail tucked between his legs from his owners beating on him imo.

• Like Like x 1
  10. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
  11. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I think they got Pickett because they thought he was the most NFL ready. I don't think they thought more than a game manager and place holder tbh.

Mitch was an insurance policy as they needed the 'vet' on the roster.

Bottom line is Pickett hasn't been able to do what they hoped he could so far. It's more feasible to get rid of Canada than Pickett right now.

Just my opinion. I expect a QB drafted next year regardless unless they obtain a high profile QB somewhere which isn't likely

12. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Last I checked the running game has been improving the last 3 weeks with Jones at RT.

Which means the culprit is the passing offense specifically or the lack thereof which is the Achilles heel right now.

They need to use the tight ends and the middle of the field.

Any experienced Madden player would agree :)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  13. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We will see. Many were calling Tua a bust till this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    "Misscommunication" - Kenny Pickett

• Like Like x 1
  15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Ok, should Kenny have changed his read post-snap when he saw what the corners were doing? Yeah an NFL QB should see that and adjust. But I’ll also give kudos to the Browns and Schwartz for that one. The pre snap look was a very convincing Cover 1 man look. You can’t execute the disguise better than that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    Yeah, that is not good. I cannot agree with those who say Trub or Rudolph would be just as bad, based on that production.

17. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    No. Tua had a great year last year, but was out with a couple of concussions. The concern with Tua was injuries, not production.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't think Tua has ever been a bust. Injury prone yes....bust no. JMO

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Just watched all22…. If you guys think a new OC is going to help KFP good ****in luck with that.
    One play Pickens wide open, never looked that way. KFP only stares down his first read. Unreal, yes we needed a change at OC , but the new OC cant make throws or reads for KFP.
    I hope Im wrong and wont be the first time, but I dont think KFP is the man.Being a Steeler fan i hope im dead wrong. And you can bet from here on out as long as KFP is starter they are going to blitz and play nothing but zone coverage. Thank you for your time.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    I agree was a nice disguise, but KFP had time to see Pickens wide open down the seam, that was a long gainer if not a td. Didnt even look that way at all, had his mind made up before snap he was going to #18.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Do you know where I can see the clip of this? Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  22. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    @Chinchilla

• Like Like x 1
  23. Chinchilla

Dec 21, 2019
    I could be mistaken but the rookie year I would see him not able to read defenses and Fitzpatrick would come in and reminded my of Tribusky with how he had no fear throwing down field.

I wish I could find examples but yeah...the concussions kicked in and now things seemed to slow down a bit for him

24. Chinchilla

Dec 21, 2019
    Ah OK...Gotcha...didnt realize that was it. thx man

• Like Like x 1
  25. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1