1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Matt Canada FIRED

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Nov 21, 2023.

1. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    KP should be given next year to see with a new scheme he can show any improvement.Having this ultra conservative HC who wants to win games 6-3 and Matt Canada is about as bad a setup for a rookie as possible.That being said He has along way to go and I’m not very confident he will ever be a franchise QB based on his arm strength and lack of going through progressions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Thats not what DK, JD, and a bunch of Pittsburgh reporters are saying. They said Rooney did .

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I just want points and good, consistent play. Even if the passing yards are low, good efficient play should help complement the run game and lead to points.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    But your boy MT said it was all his decision! He wouldn’t lie to us would he??

5. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Disco was one who thought Pickett was to blame for everything. He’s no longer here though because of posts like yours.

@pczach going to ask you to refrain as well. If someone attacks you with insults let one of the mods know and it will be dealt with. Thank you.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    DK, JD, a bunch of Pittsburgh reporters, and Pat M show.....have all said it was Rooney. So ....:shrug:.....I don't know . 4 Pittsburgh reporter I've read, and that show all said Rooney. Just going by what I read, and heard.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    How would I know....I'm only saying what I've read, and listen to . I'm sure You will pick whichever makes You think He has all this unlimited power...

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    DQ with Lev Bell?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
  11. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    If he didn’t have all the power he would have been fired years ago. What is this going to be 3 playoff wins in 13 years?

12. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Dk said it was Tomlin and has said so repeatedly. As for the others if they aren’t actually allowed access to the team then take everything they say with a grain of salt.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Selling life insurance?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This is just silly. If you get the ball with under two minutes left in a tie game, you don't even think about burning the clock until you are at least near field goal range. I would have liked to see a draw by Warren, but not to keep the clock moving. He carried them Sunday, so giving him the ball was their best chance to move it.

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    GEEZZZZ. I will have to go back....because I swear He said it came down from Rooney when I listened to Him this early today. :shrug:
    Either way He's gone, and I hope it's a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    With the way Kenny was playing no way in hell you throw 3 straight times. You run a draw or screen see if you can break something and at a minimum make them use timeouts in case we have to punt. You are basically playing for OT and hoping their QB will screw up before ours.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He took responsibility for firing the offensive coordinator, something the Steelers haven't done since 1941. There is plenty to criticize about Tomlin and the team, but some of the **** y'all fixate on is just ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Watching Coach T press conference right now. Coach T has the utmost confidence in KFP. Us as fans only see the games, we dont know what goes on behind the scenes. If Coach T has faith in KFP, i do too.

19. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    I'm thinking perhaps AR2 you do it or I will! You don't want to cut the legs out from under your head coach, allow him to fire the bullet! Again we probably never know.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Did you watch the game? It sure seems like you didn't since you are suggesting a screen. The Steelers' screen game was a disaster Sunday. The Steelers' execution was terrible and the Browns' response was perfect almost every time.

You don't sit on the ball in that situation. Yes, run Warren on first or second down because he has been so damn good. You don't play in fear of an offense that had done next to nothing the entire second half suddenly getting its act together.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL.....Oh My goodness.....now You think He controls when He gets fired, and rehired.....is there no end to the power You think He holds???..., but He couldn't change the D, bring in His own DC, keep His OC Arians, or even hire Haley, but He controls whether He ...Himself gets fired. I guess He can even give Himself a raise now.....LoL....Are You even listening to what you are saying. LoL

22. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Yes, quality drives leading to points on a consistent basis would certainly be a welcome change. Considerably less three and outs with a few first downs that might not put points on the board also serve a purpose in that they at least give the defense a rest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

No problem. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Dulac insisted the Steelers would only consider one quarterback in the first round last year and it was Willis, then he lied about his own comments to try to cover it up. Given some of the stuff about DK, I don't trust him, either. I don't know what other reporters wrote that. McAfee is an entertainer, not a reporter.

25. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Im not saying a screen would have worked I’m saying you don’t throw incompletions and not make them use a timeout. I understand what you are saying about playing not to lose but in that game on the road with one of the worst QB performances I have seen you absolutely do. Throwing downfield three times in that spot was 100% the wrong decision no matter what you think.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1