1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Matt Canada FIRED

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Nov 21, 2023.

1. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Some folks have hidden agendas.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    this is hilarious: :roflmao:

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I still can't believe they did it during the season, I was at the gym this morning and see on the tv breaking news Canada fired, it had to be done too many unhappy players and not seeing any improvement on offense.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You do know the Steelers rarely fire anyone, they prefer to let their contracts expire.

5. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    "They whacked him! They f&*ckin' whacked hum!"

6. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Most a$$holes are comfortable with who they are. Why should you be any different.

7. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Yes, i know.

8. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    You still haven't shown me where the lie was at where i said you were making up this false narrative concerning people's support of Canada on this board, or that said Pickett was the sole reason for all the offensive issues?? As many people as you claim was doing one or the other on here you should have been able to find at least one. That's the true definition of a a$$hole when you have to lie to make yourself seem competent. Now you can stfu.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
  9. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I was excited about this for about 10 minutes, and then I saw old Mikey's presser and was slapped in the face with the reality that nothing has really changed and won't any time soon.

The guy stands there and glibly says, "I want points" as if he has nothing to do with getting them. Doesn't take one ounce of responsibility. He's a complete fraud

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
  11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Mike Tomlin says he made the sole decision to fire OC Matt Canada. He did not consult with Omar Khan or Art Rooney II.
    "It was mine and mine alone.”

N
    obody should believe that...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023

• Like Like x 1
  13. evan

evan New Member

Nov 21, 2023
    I agree, Tomlin needs to go as well, over the Tomlin years look how many games the team showed up unprepared against team we should have easily beaten. With some of the years we were talented and loaded for bear we failed. Tomlin does not coach to win, he coaches enough to secure his job. As to the rest of this year, Sit Kenny for a game or two at least, not that he can't be better, but I think due to a few reasons his confidence is shaken. Let him regroup a little. Again, for long time fans, look how many times talented qb's have been drafted and thrown to the wolves, lost confidence, and had short careers. Let Kenny regroup. Then at the end of the year, time to let Tomlin go, we need a coach not a players best buddy. He is like a Parent who tries so hard to be friends with their kids they forget to be a parent. When a Steeler player blows his assignment on the field, he walks by Tomlin and gets a pat of the back, I want a coach that when you blow your assignment the last person you want to see is the coach.

14. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    What type of jobs could they get during the Industrial Revolution?

15. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

And in 2019,the steelers had also a depleted team at the WR and RB position.It was still a better offense that now(outside of the final 3 week in 2019)

16. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
  17. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    You mean the American Revolution?

19. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Perfect example of you sitting in your memaws basement right now

20. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

I mean, it is possible that could happen. But I always try to stay positive and think that maybe Tomlin does see that some drastic changes need to be made to at least find out what they have in Kenny Pickett. I'm not going to just assume that it will all be a disaster. It's another opportunity to see what someone else can do when given a real shot.

Let's hope something good comes from it.

• Like Like x 1
  21. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Yea if it’s the same basic crappy in house staff how much better do we expect it to be? Need a whole new scheme and that won’t happen until next year so these last 7 games really won’t show us anything.

22. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    How long do YOU think it takes to insert an entirely new offense?

23. evan

evan New Member

Nov 21, 2023
    Kenny needs to sit for a game or two, it looks like his confidence is shaken, Give him a rest, let him know you still believe he has talent, and let him learn a new game plan if there is one. That still gives the team some time after that to see if he improves or not. End of the season, Release Tomlin, He is the one in charge, he was the huge defender of Canada, and over the years getting beat by lesser teams do to our team not being prepared, that falls on the head coach. Of Course players love him, not cause he wins, but because he never gets upset with them, you can be the worse player in the league and He pats them on the back, screw that, that get paid serious money, you either do the job or your gone. Tomlin has so many terrible moves to look back on, one that comes to mind was trading a New England player back to New England a few weeks before we played them in the playoffs, but I am sure he promised Tomlin he would not share our play book LOL

24. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    and how can you be certain MT wasn’t doing the situational playcalling??

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Something had to be done. This passing offense was going nowhere fast. I also happen to think Pickett should be on a relatively short leash. My standard would be that he needs to average at or better than his statistically best day this season the next couple of games, win or lose. If not, next man up.

This is Tomlin's vote of confidence in Pickett. I've said before that I think the guy is capable. Let's hope someone can somehow get it out of him.

• Agree Agree x 1