1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Matt Canada FIRED

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Nov 21, 2023.

1. Iron Nickel

Iron Nickel Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2023
    It was time. But going forward I would prefer the dude calling the plays to have final say on design.

2. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    Ben will never be the OC. While I can understand why clueless homers might think it would be a dream come true, I don't know why the media even bothers entertaining it as a serious possibility. There is a 0% chance that Ben is going to want to come out of retirement to make pennies on the dollar drawing plays, in a position that he has no professional experience in. Besides, do they really think he wants to be held responsible for when Kenny inevitably fails to meaningfully improve?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    "Fire Tomlin!" chants are long overdue and would make for an refreshing change of pace.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Wonderful. Hard to believe it actually happened.

5. BigBensBigBong

Dec 14, 2014
  6. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Not surprising. 1st round QB in second year struggling. Get rid of the OC. See if a change helps production.

If not get a new QB.

Now the pressure really is on Kenny. It might be until next year, but if he doesn't improve at least marginally look for a change in the QB room.

7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He is by no means great, but he clearly looks worse this year...that is on coaches.

8. BigBensBigBong

Dec 14, 2014
    I`m going to start calling the big boss "Chaka Khan." LOL. Told me something good.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
  10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Yeah he is not great at seeing the field, then again ... all QBs miss guys. Ben missed guys too.

What I think is telling is his first reads are always to the outside. Either he doesn't have the capacity to read a defense, knowing where the play should go, or it is the coaches telling him how to make his progressions. I guess we will find out.

11. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    no to Leftwich

no to Internal

Rather see Randel Ell before Leftwich

12. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

You got that right. I guess the organization agrees with everyone else and made.....an informed decision they think is best for the team.

Many are filled with bitterness, indignation, betrayal. Blaming fans and Kenny Pickett for making this happen to poor Canada. Telling us there was nothing wrong with Canada's schemes. Pickett is killing this offense was the cry from so many, and the sole reason the offense is failing. Pissing on anyone that thinks Kenny Pickett still has a chance to get better and was playing in a bad offensive system. Admonishing anyone that says something that they perceive as a slight or a doubt about Mike Tomlin. Poor Mike Tomlin is being ridiculed because of Kenny Pickett. Nobody knows what they are talking about. The rest of us are idiots.

Many are now hoping that Kenny Pickett falls on his face and is a complete failure so they can be right. Pretty sad.

They'll tell you they're really rooting for the kid while telling you he's a piece of sh!t, he's garbage, and he's a loser. They call Kenny names, make fun of his hands, giving him derogatory nicknames to belittle him and taunt other fans that support him, tell you that you are delusional if you think Pickett isn't the problem.....but oh yeah.....they are really pulling for Kenny to do great. :icon bs:

Some of my personal favorites are the ones that rate your post "hilarious" if you even tried to make a post defending Pickett. If you post data to support the defense of Pickett....They would just "LOL" the post and make fun of you for posting actual data and start name calling and making stuff up about you or about what you said. Lying about what you said or what you think. They know who they are.

When they got the news:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Just make sure you keep that same energy 7 games from now. If you think Pickett isn't just as much part of the problem you're delusional. It was essentially easier to get rid of the OC then the first rd draft pick. It just makes more sense.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TWISTER

TWISTER Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I’m usually a very optimistic person, I definitely love that he finally got fired, long overdue, however I really don’t think the benefits are gonna show this season, I feel we will still be the same offense the rest of the season (I feel MT has more say so in the offense play calling and has handcuffs on KP more then we think) I so hope that I am wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Someone said this was Tomlins decision to fire Canada.. no way in hell I believe that..Tomlin could tell me the sky was blue and I wouldn't believe him....lol

16. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Please find me one person who was saying Canada was great if he just had another qb to run his scheme.

This is the definition of a straw man argument

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

I don't believe him

18. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

I was the target of a lot of posters here by defending Pickett and saying to really evaluate him he needs to be put in a better system. Canada's system doesn't work. It's broken. Only with changes to the system and tweaking of things can Pickett have a chance to show what he can or can't do. We may need to see him in an entirely different system next year.

Why are you worried about my energy? I'm not stalking you and calling you names. I already said Pickett was part of the problem. It's his defenders that wouldn't concede that the system was flawed. They were wrong.

If Pickett gets a fair chance and doesn't perform at a higher level, he should be benched and then the team should plan for a new direction at QB.

I'm still delusional? OK.

We already know you were for believing in Canada. Congrats.

19. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Many said Pickett was the sole reason for the offensive problems. He was the reason the offense sucked.

By definition, another quarterback solves the problem in that scenario. This isn't that hard.

If you don't think Pickett was the only problem, you don't have anything to be upset about. Every person at this message board had the chance to say that Canada is a big part of the problem. Many never said that. It was all Pickett's fault.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    You can say what you want in regards to my support of Canada, but you wont find any. Do all the searching you need. It's you however that has to write a book every post defending your position. I'm just telling you to make sure you keep that same energy 7 games from now. You're worse then Goldburg and may be Goldburg for all we know.

21. Steelcityboyz

Steelcityboyz Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2023
    How does anyone know how the rest of the games will turn out?

22. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    That's not the point of my post so I'm not sure why you're asking me that? I'm simply saying if there's little to no improvement I hope he keeps the same energy.

23. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

You've said that twice now. I'm not sure what you mean because you don't expand and say what you really mean.

Being cryptic and mystical with your posts is bullsh!t. Just say what you mean. I do.

Writing more detailed messages backed with data and facts is usually considered superior to just making unsubstantiated remarks and then shouting everyone else down like many here. If you don't want to read my posts, just ignore me or skip over them. No skin off my back.

I've never done anything to you or were rude to you in any way, but here you are puffing out that chest.

24. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Said what twice?? You making up conversations in your head now? Put down the pipe maybe??? Making up ish about what people have said on here isn't helping your case or argument at all. Neither does moving the goalposts.

25. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Nobody does. I sure as hell don't. That's the fun of it.

I hope we win every game. I hoped we won every game this season while Canada was here. It's our team. We should all be pulling for that. Some here seem to be more interested in being right than seeing the team win.

I said in a post the other day that people should try not to get so worked up about everything and enjoy the ride. Many came back at me about that.

I was just offering some perspective and encouraging others to enjoy the journey of a young team, and some people got upset about that.

It's just who they are.

• Like Like x 1