1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Matt Canada FIRED

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Nov 21, 2023.

1. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I don't know why it wouldnt??? The offense it's not likely to vary that much from what they already have. If Pickett is as "slow" as I personally think he is then the NFL game is just too fast for Pickett and he'll never get it anyway. Besides I'm tired of seeing rookies and other second year players outplay this guy. As far as im concerned he's fortunate to be in the league in the first place. You're not losing anything as far as i'm concerned if you're the Steelers and choose to move on at the end of the season.

• Like Like x 2
  2. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Mike Sullivan was an Infantry officer in the the 25th Infantry and coached at Army as well. Hooah.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    His fourth-quarter numbers were a lot better than that, but he isn't even that right now.

4. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

more risk - yes. WHY does he not throw it down field?

I'd bet it is the clown TOMLIN telling him not to.

5. Tarasovic

Tarasovic Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2020
    My understanding is that Sullivan will handle the play calling?

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Firing the OC suggests that he is a big part of the problem. That the offense won't change much this season supports my idea that the problems holding Pickett and everyone else back still exist.

The guy who finished third in the Heisman Trophy voting and was listed as a first-round pick by just about everybody is lucky to be in the league. Some of y'all crack me up.

7. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I said what I said...you act like being a Heisman trophy candidate ensures someone being good in the league...it doesnt and you know it doesn't. You keep going back to your ridiculously stupid take that this guy was on everyone's list as a first rd pick when I already explained to you why that was the case. It was by default because anybody who does a mock draft knows there's not a draft where a qb doesn't go in the first rd. It hasn't been done since 1996. He was the best of one of the worst classes. They had to select somebody whether they felt they deserved it or not. That's why he was a lot lower in draft rankings. Now tell me where the lie is??? I'll wait....

• Like Like x 2
  8. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    For 35 years I had a mother in law who hated me. Nothing I ever did pleased her and she had a bad case of the Yottas. You know, “Yotta do this, yotta do that….”. If I did something that she actually liked, or something that was hard to denigrate, she said “Yotta done that a long time ago!”
    I would place the Matt Canada firing into the category of “Yotta done that a long time ago.”
    I used to miss my mother in law every morning. I guess I wasn’t leading her enough as she went out to get the mail. She could run pretty well for as old and fat as she was.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  9. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    OC by committee doesn’t exactly inspire me.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    At this point, the part that inspires hope is addition by the subtraction of Matt Canada.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    What choice do we have mid season? One will likely be more responsible for the gameplan and the other with the playcalling duties. Its a fine way to divide it when you're asking guys to do both their current job and now someone else's.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Maybe Canada's offense was needlessly complex, maybe simplifying will be for the best

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    This will change nothing for us offensively unfortunately. It is a move I think needed to happen because you risk losing the locker room on the offensive side of the ball if you put up with these performances too long. I can see a really well called game helping us a bit offensively, but I don't envision us all of the sudden being a 24PPG team. Kenny still has to read zone defenses, he still has to throw with accuracy, and he still has to make plays to move the ball down field and I don't see a new OC magically making that happen for him.

I hope this directive truly came from the top. We 100% need to commit to making the moves necessary to get this offense back to relevance. The first straw was replacing the OC, the next one is replacing the QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Why didn't Rooney do this after last season then?

16. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Let us rejoice in this glorious day of an inept Coach being shown the door .it is a time for thanksgiving.THANK YOU Steelers--- FOR FINALLY--listening to the fans:clapping::thumbs_up::bowdown::clap::herewego!::steelflag:

• Like Like x 1
  17. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

cuz Tomlin convinced him otherwise, I am betting

you know, 'consistency of (LOUSY) coaching'.....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Addition by subtraction

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Batch has repeatedly said he has no interest in coaching.

20. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    here we go Steelers here we go

• Like Like x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It was necessary because the players needed to see some accountability, but yeah, I'm not sure how much it really fixes things for the final seven games.

22. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I have no interest in him to be honest. I like Charlie, but I think they need to go young.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Absolutely. We either fired Canada or moved on from Pickett. Whichever one we didn't choose had to happen in the offseason.

24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Ray Sherman says hi

25. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    lol

more like he was owed money but he was so bad that Rooney had no choice.