1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Has to be the end of the Pickett Era

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Redsteel, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Ok, I'll give you that. Right now. But to be honest, I'd take a straight up trade for Wilson right now. He has much more physical talent and is a year younger than Pickett. The Jets are a terrible organization. I think he could be salvaged. Kenny just isn't special in ANY yay. He's a career back up. Thankfully, we do also need a back up.

My god, this team is a mess.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    No, I can't remember. There are college teams with better offenses, seriously

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    He probably could, at least as a decent game manager. He'll never be Mahomes though, that's for sure :lolol:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
  4. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Not Iowa. Gets tiresome watching the same product on Saturdays and Sundays.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Steel71

Steel71 Active Member

Dec 27, 2020
    GP 39
    711 - 1177 60.4%
    7984 yds
    39 TD
    25 INT

This was KP's stats his first 4 years in college. He had the one monster year during his super senior year (2021) where the teams in the ACC Coastal division weren't exactly having great years. Second place Miami only finished at 7-5 while the other teams were 6-6 or worse. Not like he was playing against stiff competition that year so his stats were padded in my opinion. As a UNC fan I watch my share of ACC football so when the Steelers drafted him, I let out a big "NOOOOOOO" because I had seen the guy play and knew this is where we would be. Dude is not an NFL caliber QB...period...end of story.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If they win 10 games you’ll never hear the end of it from me. Never.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What if we only have these problems because of Tomlin?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    The Iowa Illinois game came on yesterday on TV and when I saw both teams uniforms I panicked briefly thinking it was Steelers/Browns and I had lost a day

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  9. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    You could have watched the game and saw damn near the exact same outcome.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    Why not Mason, give him a chance he can lose or win like the other two.

11. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    I think without a Tomlin the team is a SB contender he’s the problem him and his assistants

• Like Like x 1
  12. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I don’t if Canada was all to blame here or Tomlin. Pickett had a clean pocket several times in the 4th quarter and simple missed or could not find his receiver. Pickett is not an NFL quarterback. They drafted him because the whole Steeler world bitched and complained for him to be drafted to avoid another Marino miss. He had his chance and you could see today that he just can’t get it done. He rolled the wrong way, missed receivers and just panicked. They had the ball with less than 2 min in a tie ballgame at his 35. He burned all of :14 seconds in that possession. We didn’t have a chance. As for Canada, why the hell did they go to Harris in the next to the last possession when Warren was killing it? We were at the ****in 35 and it should have resulted in a FG at least. There were like two or three passes that the receiver either didn’t stop or kept going and the ball thrown behind him. We are a game or so back, see if we can find a QB not currently on a team to give it a shot cause our guys are all bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MattCanada

MattCanada Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2022
    For the Steelers O and kenny picket achieving a first down is the equivalent of most nfl teams scoring a TD , basically they can’t even get a couple first downs lol

14. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Yeah. Like Army. Maybe we should just run wishbone with Warren at qb. It couldn't go any worse than this

15. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    Call it the Wild Bone.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    I wouldn't have a problem with that, but it seems like they've given up on Mason completely. Why, I don't really know, but he couldn't do any worse than the 2 guys ahead of him. At least I hope he wouldn't

17. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022
    It Ain't the QBs. They may not be good, but not fair to judge ANY QB playing under Tomlin and Canada, the two biggest boobs of the NFL.

Please, PLEASE let Rooney's brain activate so he can see this coaching staff for the utter crap it is.

So what if players love Tomlin. WHO CARES. He can't coach a lick and can't hire coaches that can coach a lick. GET RID OF HIM

Aim higher than not-that-stinky or it-could-be-worse.

Here is to hoping Omar Khan tells Rooney, it's either Tomlin or me and that Rooney has a lick of sense and keeps the GM.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    It took time to find a QB after Bradshaw...people thinking it was going to happen over night is laughable.

I also don't understand the constant comparison to CJ Stroud. Stroud was the #2 overall pick. The Steelers did not have a top 5 pick to use on a QB. Every draft analyst will tell you that picks 1-10 are typically several levels above picks 11-32.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Tomlin will never get this team a contender in the AFC ever again he’s finished he may tease us with the 8.9, 10 wins but in reality he’s Jason Garret the only mediocre coach to not get fired for being mediocre

21. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    As bad is this game was, I still think they get to 10.

Bengals W (Yes, I still think they win this)
    Cardinals W
    Pats W
    Colts W
    Bengals L
    Seahawks L
    Ravens L

22. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    Oh, I'm sure Khan would love to see Tomlin gone, but would he actually have the balls to do that?

23. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Can you imagine how frustrated a guy like Pickens is getting. He will go AWOL very soon in this middle school passing offense.

24. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I’m not saying you are wrong. But, who would we get? Look at some of the teams that participate in the coaching carousel. Denver won a Super Bowl and lost their QB. They went into a slump and changed coaches more times than I can count. The Eagles got pissed at Reid and fired him. It took them years to find another one and then they fired him. Changing coaches will not correct not having the needed talent. The Saints kept Peyton around for years with their QB. Carolina went to the SB then fired everybody and they are fuc$in bad. Who would we try and get? You’re talkin about a complete coaching change top to bottom. Imagine no one knowing anything about the place starting with KP? How many coaches have the Chargers had? Got dam. You don’t get better till you get your QB and those are hard to get. I just know that no coach is going to win with Kenny Pickett, including Andy Reid or whoever is in Philly. How many of those fuc$ers have come out of NE and failed? Weiss, Crenell, Patricia, McDaniels x2.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
  25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm sure all three QBs have a winning record in their careers.