1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenny Pickett Thoughts

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Chinchilla, Oct 29, 2023.

1. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022
    This just shows how so many fans just jump on the flavor of the week. By the way, you are making a great point for Kenny.....Dobbs was horrible forever and is now having some success as he's been in the league. Funny how Kenny isn't allowed to have that opporunity according to some. We've got some fans that can't control themselves and want a new QB after 1 year. Goofy stuff.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022
    Yet Kenny isn't allowed that same opporunity to grow. The hypocrisy here is THICK.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I never said he doesn't deserve time , I was just stating the fact that KP is not doing well at the moment .. If he doesn't Improve this season maybe we should sign Dobb's and give KP more time to develop.

4. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022
    lmao. Funny how Dobbs is now flourising and has done it recently with two different teams.....but couldn't do it in this scheme. Now why is that? smh

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It was Coach Tomlins fault.. I have told this before.. The 1 preseason Dobb's was playing good running at making a few good throws .. Coach T said we know he can run so he needs to stop that and learn the passing part.. Dobb's simply will always fail if forced to be a pocket only guy .. I stated that at the time as well..

They tried to make Dobb's run a system he was never going to look good in ... The crazy thing is Canada is running exactly the kind of system that fits Dobbs.. Go figure..

6. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022
    Actually, Dobbs isn't flourishing. He's just the shameless flavor of the week used to bash Kenny and you'll be on to someone else after he comes back to earth.

Kenny is going to be here for a long time. I won't even argue about it anymore, I'll just watch all the "Kenny sucks" comments with a big old smile. Take care !

7. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022
    We talkin' bout the Dobbs that got benched in Arizona for fith round rookie Clayton Tune, then traded, and has had 5 good quarters in Minnesota against garbage competition? smh. I'm not going to dignify him any further.

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Very funny!

• Like Like x 1
  9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3044720/joshua-dobbs
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/4240703/kenny-pickett

I don't care what a Coach did or didn't do .. I stated Dobbs is playing better than KP ..Look for yourself more yardage a higher QBR , more TD'S a better completion percentage .. Now add in the almost 400 yards rushing and the 5 TD'S and it is clear who the better QB is at this point in time .. Not the past not the future but right now..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    I have supported KP all season but he is making it really hard lately. I think the OL has improved and Canada has improved as well as the run game. The only one that hasn’t is KP. It just seems like he completely craters if his first read isn’t open.

he bails on the pocket to quickly, he loses all his mechanics when he has to go through progressions, his accuracy is off. He hurries a lot of passes and seems to play very nervous.

I will say I feel like Trubisky and Rudolph played the same way when they were starting. I feel like Tomlin has drilled the turnover battle in KP’s head so much that the guy is playing really tight.

I would like to see them find a way to get him relaxed and let him cut it loose more. With how injured the defense is we are not gonna be able to rely on them down the stretch.

teams are gonna stack the box to stop our run. I doubt we have as much success in the run game as we had the last few weeks if we can’t push the ball down the field.

Guys are getting open each week KP is either not seeing them, taking the safe pass underneath or just way off when he throws it to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022
    How many years has Dobb's been in the league compared to Kenny? You and many others are presenting a loaded deck. Good luck to you as I don't play that game.

12. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am not bashing him I do hope he gets better I want him to lead us to many championships ..Look at this draft analysis then look at the tape those weaknesses don't seem to be getting better one could argue he was doing better last season..https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kenny-pickett/32005049-4377-7233-6101-772adaebe15c

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    If I told you a qb had 588 yards and 1 td in the last 4 games total would you believe me lol

14. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Kenny is accurate and doesn’t throw INTs. Gives your D a chance to W.
    I know it’s not spectacular BUT, it’s working. It’s so easy for us to get lost in all this debate of who’s who, the stats and all the minutiae of the numbers. Meanwhile the Steelers with another division win in one of the next two games, have what, “slithered” or whatever ugly word works for you their way into post season. Kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth doesn’t it?
    But we’re 6 n 3 n maybe the division leader in DECEMBER here. Watt(what)?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If I told you that same QB is 6 and 3 with three 4th quarter comebacks and the longest current streak without an interception, would you believe me?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    What scares the hell out of me is since we kept Canada at the bye, we are banking on a new OC to evaluate KP and praying he improves. Now we are going to wait another full season. This is why I so badly wanted them to can Canada use an interim guy that could at least possibly call a better game, mix in a few new wrinkles, throw more on first down to help KP then we could see if it was the same KP by years end we might have a better understanding if we needed to add a QB in the upcoming draft. If next year is a rinse repeat with KFP that's another year on Watt, Minkah, etc and we could run into the the problem of the defense and offense aging out of synch. I feel the late 80's 90's pain all over again!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MattCanada

MattCanada Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2022
    Not explosive

doesn’t really show any emotion

not tough ( doesn’t know when to stuck it and scramble to fight for yards , I get it he’s trying to stay healthy but ur also not Tom Brady or drew breeze , u should fight for yards no matter what ) Big Ben russel Wilson Josh Allen mahomes all did it or do it

captain check down, checks it down on 3rd and long , will even check it down at or behind the line of scrimmage on 3rd and long LOL

——

18. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    That’s what concerns me the most. Pickett actually seems to be regressing in year two. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it now. I don’t trust Tomlin or Canada to develop and nurture a young quarterback’s career.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. MattCanada

MattCanada Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2022
    What’s the most TD’s he’s thrown in a single game ? (2) and he’s done it just once right ?
    That’s totally unacceptable if we are looking for an above average QB

20. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022
    Josh Allen clearly ain’t the guy. :roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I wouldn’t believe you lol

22. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    He actually has one of the worst completion percentages of any starting QB. 61%. Most are high 60's-70's. Which is made much more glaring considering that 90% of his passes are less than 5 yards downfield.

Any professional should be able to make 60% of his putts that are inside 3 ft. Or you would've never been a pro in the first place. But, does that make you accurate, relatively speaking? No, it doesn't.

He has 6 tds and 4 ints in 9 games. A 1.5/1 ratio. Sorry, but that is abysmal. He's on pace to throw 11 tds in a 17 game season.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think that Pickett has proven his toughness by getting back on the field quickly after injuries that could have given him a week off, once on a short week.

24. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    dobbs wasn't our starter while he grew. big difference. :cool: