1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenny Pickett Thoughts

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Chinchilla, Oct 29, 2023.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s a message board

People debate on message boards

:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    Lol. The facepalm in this case is very apropos.

People are now debating about "not debating" on a debate oriented message board. LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022

Smart people/bigger men move on. Twits argue about the same thing over and over, day after day because their ego needs to be right. Sadly, message boards always have several that have nowhere else to be, so they might as well be right since they're here.

Bigger man walks away from that garbage and finds the good to focus on, not the clutter. Go STEELERS.

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    My Friend.....You can't get much more open than the missed throw to Pickens, or the missed throw to Robinson, or the overthrow of DJ. All 3 of those are college open....I'm not even bringing up the other miss throws that are just NFL open. I like the kid....I truly do, but he has to hit those. The running game is bad because everyone we face first, and foremost is coming in saying.....stop the run, and make KFP beat You. Notice when KFP starts hitting targets.....all of a sudden the running game starts working.
    I have not given up on the kid. I actually see progress.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He has more tds passes than Lamar Jackson also, but You keep telling us Lamar is having a wonderful ...awesome season.....so...:shrug:.

6. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    It makes no sense to hold on to him for a few years and then someone else in.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m surprised you didn’t get put on ignore for that

8. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    If pocket could just be accurate on the east wide open throws. I would have a lot more confidence

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    And west wide open throws whoever pocket is

10. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022
    I think he's in "don't throw an interception" mode the first 3 quarters and thinks it's too good to be true when someone is wide open.

11. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    WESTWIDE :cool:

12. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Respectfully disagree. The reason we do not have a strong running game is because of a bad Oline. Really good running teams can run it even if the opposing defense knows its coming. Also, I accept that a good passing game makes for a better running game. But the opposite is also true, a good running game makes for a better passing game.

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The problem being they run a spread look to force teams into nickel and dime packages but the poorly designed run plays don't allow them to get past the LOS before they are hit. No one fears Kenny making them pay. I swear if they get soft coverage on the outside against the Packers and don't let Kenny throw quick hitters, my head will explode.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Aerosteel

Aerosteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Can't argue with that. Every once in a while they'll do a quick hitter, and it works, but then you don't see it again, almost like they weren't supposed to, because it was too easy. Lol.

• Like Like x 2
  15. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Maybe back away farther.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Hand size and how they actually grip the Football .. Just like the B Ball players that can palm it with ease...It is a true weapon...

• Like Like x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Ah, you wanna give me a 10-9 on that, pig pen? negatory, pig pen; youre still too close. yeah, them hogs is startin to close up my sinuses. mercy sakes, you better back off another ten.

- Convoy

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  18. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I think the issue is the types of runs we pick. We kept running Najee from the shotgun early in the season and it just is never going to work. Ever. We didn't really play to the strengths of our personnel until seemingly last Thursday and it worked when we did. We can run the stretch plays, end arounds, shotgun runs, with Warren. He is explosive and decisive. Najee needs a running start to get downhill or else he is wholly ineffective. Once he gets going, he can be tough to bring down, but he needs to be lined up 5-7 yards in the backfield and get the ball running downhill. We also put Broderick Jones in and used HIM to his strengths as well, which was pulling him, getting him in space, and opening up large lanes for our guys to run through. It is no wonder we finally got the running game on track. Its not just the OL performance not being where we want it, but its also the types of plays we run having a better shot at being successful.

19. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Lamar IS having a good season. He IS also being over-hyped with the MVP talks... but he is objectively playing well this season.

He is not going to be the big TD volume guy. That isn't his game. But he has a high completion percentage, a good TD/INT ratio, a good QB rating/QBR, and will add 50 yards and a half TD a game rushing. If Lamar was the Steelers QB right now, we'd be one of the best teams in the league. I legitimately think that Lamar is playing well, but he isn't an MVP candidate. Too many other guys that are better.

In hindsight, I made a statement during Lamar's contract talks that they should've traded their first and Lamar for the first overall pick and a second, then taken CJ Stroud. That would've been a DAMN good trade for the Ravens if they did that. Could spend all that money elsewhere on the team and had a good 5 year window to win it all with Stroud. Kid is a beast.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I've seen a lot of QB's careers crushed by:
    - bad game plans
    - Bad player Acquisitions.
    - Poor Defenses
    - Bad Coaching

1. I think Kenny's ribs were sore in the last game starting off. It makes total sense, that sort of thing will affect follow through. He has missed in other games, not as bad though.
    2. It is better that Canada is on the sidelines. There's nothing better than 1:1 coaching in that scenario. (Still not impressive though)
    3. Our line play seems to be slow starters.
    - I feel like Jones should have been starter day 1.
    - I think the offense design is not great and puts them in bad scenarios.
    4. The run game is inconsistent. We're trashing Harris who is a truck. Both RB's have ran their tails off.
    - Harris is a North/South runner... why are they asking him to run side to side? Why are they always running him from the shotgun?
    - Warren is an excellent complement to Harris.
    - Warren is a prototype 3rd down back also, but the offense design seems not to expand on his abilities.
    5. Defense - Good and Bad.
    Bad
    - Gotta get those 3 and outs. Stopping stupid penalties would help.
    - Gotta make those picks when they are there.
    - Gotta stop allowing those splash plays.
    Good
    - With the offense sputtering and going 3 and out... they are not helping.
    - TJ is a wrecking machine. Can't put it all on him.
    - Getting some nice contributions. Alexander/Porter Jr.. etc...

Everything factors into our offense and Kenny Pickett. Even if we just ran the ball better, Pickett gets better.
    Gotta tell ya, I am looking at how Sam Howell is coming along, and Eric is adjusting that offense to compliment him.
    Even CJ Stroud is getting help from the other phases.

I don't think Pickett is the next Peyton, but we can definitely win with him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Pappy928

Pappy928 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2019
    Lame R has 10 fumbles this year. 2nd most (leading the way is Dobbs with 11).

Guess who is number 20? Gunner. Hehe

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  23. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Dusted that one off from the archives!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Half or more here won’t even understand it

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    We were headed for bear on I -10 bout a mile outta shaky town...I said pig pen this here's the Rubber Duck and I'm about to put the hammer down!!!!

• Like Like x 3