1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

9-8

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by DJ18Baller, Nov 3, 2023.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Marshall Faulk is a freaking legend. Don't sully His name. Tell Me all about this Lamar Jackson being all that when He wins a SB.....until then I've see a whole bunch of Qbs just like it. Some people act like Lamar Jackson is the 1st Qb to run . LoL. Don't let the media fool You. I don't remember very much of a NFL without running Qbs.

2. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Dan Marino must be terrible and the career of Lamar is not over....

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Sorry ....You got the wrong guy. I was never a huge fan of Marino. I believe He was a big time Me guy. He had not one, but two HOF coaches that both won multiple SBs, but couldn't do it with Him. They couldn't ever get a good running game....because it was all about Him in his eyes.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    So Marino needs to get kick out of the HOF

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. See You always take things too far. You brought up Marino....not Me.....I didn't say that. If You kicked Him out ....You'd have to kick out many others. Like the bum L. Tomlinson.....one of the worst post season RBs in the HOF.

6. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    You talked about Jackson not having a super bowl and I just said Marino as an example of how you can be a great player even without a super bowl....That was my point, this is not hard... this is still a team sport....Yes Jackson must be better in the playoffs and that could change this year, and it will be important for him to do that....But his regular season resume is exceptional in his career so far, you can't say otherwise.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Um

You responded 6 more times

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  8. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016

Lamar Jackson leads all QBs in completion percentage and rushing yards this season

Ravens' Lamar Jackson going for rare feat after taking over NFL's completion percentage lead - CBSSports.com

9. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Lamar is having a great year I don’t know how anyone can deny that. They are a bunch of dropped passes and choke job vs us from being 8-1.

That being said the same thing I’m critical about the Steelers for, lack of postseason success, Lamar has the same issue. He has not proven his style of play can win in the playoffs.

10. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    True but he will have a chance to change that this year...It will be important for him

11. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    For my money the Ravens and Bengals are the two best teams in the AFC right now. KC and Miami are both flawed although it’s tough to bet against Pat in the playoffs. I like Jacksonville too but think they are probably a year or so away still. Bills are to banged up and nobody else is close.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    I think at the end of the year,it will be between the chiefs,ravens and the bengals....Right now the Ravens have the edge over the bengals since they have a better record and they beat them in Cincinnati early in the season...Big game in Baltimore in 10 days between these two teams and it's going to be tough for the team that doesn't win this division since they will need to win 3 road playoffs games against elite team which is very hard to do

The Chiefs have an elite defense right now and we can count on them to be better on offense in the second half with Mahomes and Reid, so they should be in the hunt...The Jaguars and Dolphins are going to be sleeper teams in the AFC

13. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Yes, too bad we didn't get Stroud. he looks like another Maholmes caliber player. But we did not, and we need to throw all our support to Kenny. Until the Steelers decide he is not the--- MAN

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. james weyandt

Sep 6, 2021
    Lamar crumbles under too much pressure. makes mistakes when-- not-- he is truly a great QB

15. james weyandt

Sep 6, 2021
    id rather talk :poopy: on our divisions QB,s than go gaaa gaaa i love them they are so awesome to me they all suck. Except Kenny :herewego!:

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Yeah all the things a Qb needs for them to be talked about as a MVP.....Not....unless it's Lamar Jackson. Do You know how many Qb have led at those two different stats, and have not even received a vote???? LoL..as I said the rules apply differently for Lamar Jackson. He is 6th in tds....even if You add his rushing tds.....never heard of a guy 6th in the NFL in tds being considered for MVP, but of course we are talking about Lamar Jackson, and like I told you before.....in the media's eyes ....he's just like P. Manning, and C. Newton was....they can do know wrong. So I'm sure they will change what has always been a MVP consideration for Him . LoL

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL.

18. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    When the team have one of the best offense and record in the league and your QB is great,the QB deserve the credit.....You focus on only one stat and this is a problem....Lamar make the offense great.....And Peyton Manning is a top 5 QB of all-time,I don't know what your problem is with him

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    P. Manning is a top 5 regular season Qb....not even close to top 10 in the playoffs. I'm sorry that postseason matters to Me, and not You. Lamar is the only Qb in the league that gets glorified when His team wins, and He doesn't score a td....not throwing, or running. Every other Qb they say .....they won in spite of.....You dang well know this is true. Example if We won a game , and KFP completed 20- 24 passes, and didn't score a td, and turned the ball over two times.....You would never say they won because of KFP. Well if the same doesn't apply to another Qb doing the same exact thing what does that say????

20. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Postseason matters to you yet you slobber all over MT :lolol:

21. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016

You say too many things that I've never said....Stop putting words in my mouth, it's too aggressive.It would be fun to have a discussion without focusing on what the media says...For me I don't care, good or bad what the stupid media said...I never take it seriously.You take it too seriously what the media are saying for some reason and it's not good for your health!...You need to relax a bit

I don't disagree that Manning had some struggle in the playoffs and that Lamar needs to be better in the playoffs, so you don't need to be aggressive like that for no good reason because a media said something that you don't agree with and that it doesn't come from me

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Aggressive. LoL.

23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    C'mon. Be fair. He played for the Chokers. He didn't get many post season chances!

24. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    My point, you should just relax about what the media says since it doesn't matter at the end of the day what they say good or bad....Pickett, Lamar, etc become not a better or worst player on the field because of the media

• Like Like x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He had plenty...if He got off the exercise bike, and played in them all. LoL