1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kenny Pickett Thoughts

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Chinchilla, Oct 29, 2023.

1. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/09/i...t-kenny-picketts-pre-snap-freedom-to-audible/

Does this sound like a person that isn't limiting his quarterback to you?

2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Not an audible, It was a protection and route call. Not a complete change of play

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Coaches hire their own staff. I’m sure ownership steps in from time to time.

For example, Rooney wanted Haley and Butler had a long standing handshake deal to replace LeBeau.

But in general, coaches build their own staff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Within a budget set by the owner.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. DIzzyG3015

DIzzyG3015 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2022
    Those first quarter passes to dj on 1&15 and the 3&8 to pickens on the crossing route were just horrible…inexcusable. If pickens gets that Ball, he may very well goes for the td as the safety is lined up with his back against him.
    If you want to establish yourself as an Nfl quarterback you HAVE to deliver those easy open passes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. DIzzyG3015

DIzzyG3015 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2022
    And as I wrote this…another bad bad bad pass on 3&goal. No pressure, still too low and incomplete.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You have no idea if there is a budget and if there is one, it was big enough to pay coaches like Haley and Munch.

None of that disputes the fact that coaches generally choose their staff. Some of you act like Tomlin has no say in anything.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Teams must spend 89% of their cap over a four-year span. The NFL as a whole has to spend 95%, per the CBA.

9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I read a quick story the other day where it talked about the hiring of Flores and how Tomlin asked Ar2 about it. Basically just said there is this coach available he is having an issue with the league and I want to bring him in. Art said ok. I mean it doesn't seem in character to have Art as forcing coaches and staff on Tomlin at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'd like to see someone breakdown tape on Kenny and see if it's injuries, if it's the gloves, his mechanics and footwork, confidence, or if they have screwed his head up. People were talking tonight about the plays were good he just missed throws. Maybe that's true. I watched another Steelers game where the defense played off both wrs and the team didn't take advantage of it. They have speed and size that they aren't using. They have a real route runner that they don't scheme to get in space and a size mismatch for the seam and crossing routes with Washington and yet Canada has training wheels on. Plus let's not even mention the reverse after the two minute warning. The whole stadium saw Canada telling Austin what he wanted him to do. Pretty sure the Titans coaches saw it too. How stupid are they?

11. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    talk about football? lol the refs ruin it all.

12. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Kenny is not playing so great, but I give him credit for going out there with sore ribs and on short rest.

He did just enough, and we won on TNF.

Thanks for showing up for work Kenny.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    no kidding
    If Mitch or Mason was in there we get killed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Kenny Pickett does NOT have "it". Will Levis does have "it". You can just see that Will Levis has a better arm and can rip the ball. If this kid Levis had the WRs that the Steelers have he would have murdered the Steelers tonight. Steelers need to start considering a future without Pickett when the season ends.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022
    Hopefully people will start enjoying his development instead of counting how many passes he missed. Newsflash: QB’s are having issues all over the place. No he’ll never be Joe Burrow but he can be very good and beat Joe if we build around him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Go root for the Titans.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    There is always a budget/limit. Rooney is a businessman.

I’ve never said/acted like Tomlin has no say. On the flip side a lot of you think Tomlin has the only say in everything, down to the beer prices at the stadium.

19. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022
    He clearly has the guts, just needs to clean some stuff up and he will as he has less chaos around him. Easy to see.

20. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Is it possible that I saw regression and progression in the game last night? Pickett was abysmal in the first half. It's actually shocking he didn't throw an INT in the game... With that said, he wasn't just good in the final 5 minutes of the game. He was solid in that 8 minute drive in the 3Q that should've finished in a Pickens TD. Halftime I was honestly thinking that it's time to pull Pickett, and boom...

With that said, Pickett needs to play a 60m game at some point instead of the typical 4 or 5m at the end of the game. Last night was at least a start in the right direction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Trailing in the 4th quarter Kenny led his team on a 92 yard drive to take the lead. Levis on his last drive threw 3 balls directly into the hands of the defense, the last one being caught to end the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022

Levis is going to crash and burn hard. He's always had an inflated opinion of his abilities and will turn into another wannabe gun slinger that throws so many picks that he eventually has to be benched. Kenny is the ultimate team player and leader with the ability. Terry Bradshaw is trying to tell people that but they seem to know more than Terry, lmao.

23. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Kenny Pickett is the most clutch average QB right now I've ever seen. He's a paradox at this point. I've never seen anything like this before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    He's like a career .250 hitter in baseball but his batting average in the ninth inning is .950

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Cowherd said Levis and Vrabel will have many successful years in the future, Levis is franchise caliber QB, while Tomlin will stick with Pickett and wallow in mediocrity...while Pickett will never be a franchise QB.

• Agree Agree x 1