1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tear it down

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Utpittsburghfan, Oct 1, 2023.

1. Utpittsburghfan

Utpittsburghfan Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2018
    Play the young ones the rest of the year. Replace all the coaches in the off season.
    100% new, fresh start. We will be bad enough to where we should be able to get a good QB in the draft. Trade anyone at the deadline that would be wanted by other teams and is high priced. Need to COMPLETELY gut this thing.

Tomlin has worn out his welcome….. buh bye Tomlin, Canada, Danny Smith and the rest of this piss poor coaching staff.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Canada being gone?! More than likely.

Everyone?! Not going to happen. That said though, Teryl Austin's seat is getting pretty damn warm right now. Why he insists on using Minkah Fitzpatrick as a pure coverage player is beyond me. Have his ass as the deep middle FS dammit!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    There is something you'll never see after 4 games in the NFL.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    The steelers will be a 9-8 team again

6. Knobby

Knobby Member

Dec 3, 2021
    2-3 after next week

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    My point is you don't blow up a season when you are 2-2. Who knows what happens from here. Too much season left to play.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Fans can quit.

• Like Like x 1
  9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    We are doomed.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Players did

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    They’ll probably figure a few things out and finish around 9-8 again I remember the feeling of hopelessness around the team this time last year too.

That said, they seem to be stuck in a cycle of finish middle of the pack and draft middle of the pack and it’ll be hard to progress until some big changes are made

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    While I do agree with you, too a point....Tomlin will never be fired...if you don't understand why, you haven't been paying attention to the world the last few years

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018

"Some People Are So Far Behind In A Race That They Actually Believe They're Leading.”

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Something to remember as we all bang the drums for coordinator changes, Tomlin has his fingers in these pies as well.

Rooney needs to step in again and force Tomlin to bring in am established OC/DC as he did with Haley. They’ll smack Tomlins hand when he goes to put his fingers in the pie.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Actually fans don’t quit

But quitters do

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    They did tear it down. Got rid of lots of players and replaced the GM. It sucks even worse now. I wonder why...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I'd be more optimistic if we weren't dealing with the same issues as seasons past.

- can't run the ball / oline issues
    - predictable play calling
    - can't pass the ball
    - struggle to score tds
    - can't stop the run when we need to
    - can't cover WRs

We just got blown out by an offense whose oline was backups, a rookie, a practice squader, and kendrick green.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018

Won’t happen though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Oh trust me old friend. I haven't forgotten Tomlin... at all. I omitted his name for a very particular reason.

Tomlin still does not have a contract renewal yet. His expires in 2024. For that matter, Tomlin already has been on record in stating the effect of his time in the sun is setting in the NFL. This likely is it for Tomlin.

However, there is another little nugget I just unearthed today. I recently found out via an article that Teryl Austin's contract concludes after this season. Matt Canada's also concludes as well!!

It is very likely that both Kahn and Weidl already have plans to hire their own staff! Again, think about it Blast; all three are gone in 2024. Omar and Andy are the new sheriff's.

Coincidence?!... I don't think so.

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  21. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    I think fans quit all the time. I see people leaving stadiums early when their team is down consistently.

Tearing things down, as the thread title suggests, is a quitters mentality, IMO. Obviously comes with the frustration of being completely anemic on offense 3 out of 4 games so far. I think the defense plays well enough today that we could have won with just a little help from the offense. The OL looks terrible right now. Does not mean it will continue to be. We were without James Daniels and Dan Moore today. Whatever your opinion of those 2, it does change the dynamic of our offense. Najee had a great performance today. Kenny was taking shots downfield today.

You can see attempts at progress being made. Attempts but not much progress, which is frustrating. Tearing it down at this point where we are now would mean continuing that frustration for years more. I think we need a change at OC. I don't think the play on the field is acceptable to Tomlin. I'm hoping we will see something from him soon.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. aregeejay

aregeejay Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2014
    This offensive line is offensive. Pickens down. Trubisky down next week. Time to dust off Rudolph.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    upload_2023-10-1_19-43-4.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    I felt going into the draft after Ben retired, Colbert was going to draft Sam Howell.

But...there were major changes with more changes to come. Mr. Rooney passed. Ben retired. Colbert knew he was retiring soon. Things at that level have been in flux, or were in flux. Now we get to HC and Coordinators. It's never really a blow it up and start from scratch mindset, but it is very much a new start over rebuild mindset. Merrill Hoge talked about Joe Green wanting to be HC when Noll retired. But Mr. Rooney knew the franchise needed a new start and thus began the Bill Cowher era.

I think your thoughts on this are very close to the mark.

25. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Don’t quit, but also don’t support this. Don’t buy the merchandise. Don’t buy the tickets. If you are at the games, don’t buy the concessions. The owners may not listen to you, but their bank accounts will

• Winner Winner x 1