1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We struggle to beat the Raiders

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by GoldBurgh, Sep 25, 2023.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    That counts

Amtrak still has done routes

You can go from Nee York to Portland/Seattle or LA either a north or south route

Chicago to New Orleans etc

Somehow Amtrak goes to about 46 of the lower states although it’s not very glamorous anymore

I’m planning a trip to Glacier NP and will get there by train from Pittsburgh to Chicago to East Glacier this may be next September’s trip

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    2 point conversion attempt that was called a PI meanwhile Highsmith is getting mugged!
    upload_2023-9-26_18-39-10.png

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Ehh, it's close enough to drive. I've driven to China Lake from there before because we needed to rent 4wd vehicles and we couldn't get any leaving from LA. Wasn't a bad drive except they tried to take my apples at the agriculture check point.

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    There are some scenic trains still. Amtrak has some routes that take you along the eastern corridor all the way to Florida and they have a few cross country routes. They still have sleeper cars. Problem is they can't be relied on to get you there when they say they will. There will be delays and recently there was a whole train stuck for days because of a derailment. they even have car trains where you can load your car as well.

There's a Grand Canyon train I want to trip on. During some seasons it's pulled by a steam locomotive.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    The Grand Canyon steam train is on my radar tied to the Utah parks

6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Roethlisberger did stink up the joint from January 2018 until he hung up the cleats in 2021. He played a major role in several defeats to lesser teams, especially during the 2018 season. Steelers missed the playoffs that year because they played down to the competition.

I don't have the time or motivation to research your past posts.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023
    So you completely misinterpret what I said because you admit you have no idea what I think because of your own ignorance.

Congrats. Most posters at least try to hide the fact that they are talking out of their a$$es and have no idea what they are talking about. You openly admit it.

If you are stupid enough to criticize a great former Steelers quarterback while simultaneously insinuating that an unproven second year quarterback, that nearly everyone wants to see become a great player, is somehow better than him...you are exposed as the fraud you are.

You are so worried about some horrible fans not wanting a young quarterback to succeed so they bash the kid ...and you show them how it's supposed to be done by bashing a former quarterback that has already accomplished what you HOPE the young man can do?

That isn't the way it is done my man, and you should know better.

• Like Like x 2
  8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Pretty positive our last win on the road against the raiders was in 1995

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    How long did they ignore it with Ben?

Looked like someone turned on a giant magnet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

agreed - it is juvenile, but it does not stop a lot of crap from flowing around here!!!

• Like Like x 2
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Winner. Others including Myself were complaining about this on the game thread when it happened. It's no doubt the refs made this a more competitive game than it really was towards the end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And Yet in His worst year....he still threw more tds...with less turnovers than all our Qbs combined have done in one year, and 3 games. (20 games). LoL

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    You should just save the embarrassment and delete this post

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I want to do the train from Grand Junction through Glenwood Canyon to Denver.

• Like Like x 2
  15. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022
    KennyNation 2, Raidernation 0.

16. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

I am fine with what I put in my post. I posted a simple one sentence response in regard to HeinzMustard claiming Kenny Pickett has accomplished more than Big Ben has that triggered an irrational response by HeinzMustard. He claims to know what I think about Kenny Pickett and all he had to do is even read the posts in this thread before he embarrassed himself by accusing me of hoping Kenny Pickett fails. I guess that is just too difficult for some people.

If you think I am embarrassing myself, that's fine. It says a lot more about you to back someone that is so wrong about something in so many ways.

Ignorance is something that many here seem to embrace because they are so busy pushing a particular position, they dont even know who agrees with them or not on certain opinions. Then they attack and belittle people, and claim they are taking the high road because they are defending a player from the bad people.

I like Kenny Pickett. I was happy when they drafted him, and think he can be a very good quarterback. It is lost upon some of you that seem to think you are defending Kenny Pickett by disparaging Ben Roethisberger as a player. It makes zero sense....but that's what many people here have convinced themselves of. If you fall into that category, you better be standing in front of a mirror before you tell me that I am embarrassing myself.

• Like Like x 2
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Or not

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023
    Awfully smug for someone that doesn't even understand most of the game. You comment on all things football, with almost no knowledge of the sport. I have already explained some things to you and have always treated you well.

Thanks for revealing your true self.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022

He's here to spread his misery to others. Don't fall for it. Make him find someone else to argue with - total waste of time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This is true... but it didn't translate into any post season success.

21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Yap

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    That drive started with a no call on the throw to Adams. Just went back and watched 11:32 in the fourth 1st and 10 right after commercial break announcers talking about the Home team needing to get going. Massive hold on Highsmith 26 yard completion to Adams. never know how that drive ends if they start with 1st and 20.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Seems to me that you're the one trying to argue with everyone.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022
    Show an example of me arguing with him. You can't. I can show you countless examples of him trying to start one, though.

Enjoy the remainder of your life.

25. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Not for long. Your whiny ass will end up putting them all on ignore when they challenge anything you say. What a friggin' child you are.

• Winner Winner x 2