1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We struggle to beat the Raiders

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by GoldBurgh, Sep 25, 2023.

1. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022
    Kenny 2, Raiders 0.

Questions? Concerns? Condolences???

2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Pickett has accomplished what Roethlisberger never could. Beat the Raiders on the west coast. Neil O'Donnell and Terry Bradshaw won at Oakland.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm sick of sweating games out. I'm becoming a Dolphin fan.;) I bet their fans got bored and turned it off. I'll take 17 Steeler games just like that!!

Hate looking ahead but really pumped for Ravens coming to the Burgh. Obviously I hope they lose this week but I'm thinking the 3-1 Steelers will be playing the 3-1 Ravens. Another game for Kenny to learn from before Raven game.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022

Future is bright for KP. He has the burning desire and belief in himself. Sit back and enjoy. It's HARD to win in the NFL but we got a good one.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    We won and one could argue the refs made this game closer than it actually was.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Damn if that ain't right. Crazy!

Let's hope Kenny owns the State of Ohio like Ben did!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The refs really dictated the end of that game. It was too nerve racking as usual.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022

The fact that we were up by 16 made it all too easy to create drama....2 scores and 2 2-point conversions sends it to overtime. The wheels started turning as far as late night ratings.

No doubt in my mind that stuff "happens".

9. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    Awesome! Pickett is trending to get 3 SBs soon! YAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    And both the Cowboys and Jags struggled to beat their opponents - oh wait! I don't get the connection between your thread title and opening post?

Moving on, I don't typically rag on the refs but as someone else here posted - the refs made it much closer than the way it ended up. But do have to thank the refs for the penalty on the 1st FG attempt by Raiders near the end - they proceeded to run another minute or so off the clock before going for another FG which helped the Steelers at that point. As they were left with only 12 seconds at the very end. The last Steelers 1st down was crucial! :herewego:

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    It sure did seem like the refs were trying to keep the game close at the end...

It's probably nothing.

Either way, the game wasn't as close as the score. No. We didn't play great. But we WERE better.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I am not of the belief that the game is scripted. To me that would be quite impossible.

But the zebras are another matter. They answer to Goodell. And are Teflon. Gambling is at an all time high and the NFL is in the thick of it. Where they shunned the gambling aspect they are now in bed lock stock and barrel. Across the league the officiating has gotten worse year after year. Changing the outcome of games. The fantasy football craze I believe has led to more gambling bets.

Sometimes you are not just playing against the opponent your playing against the officials.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    rats are banged up badly, good time to catch them. out 5 D starters yesterday.

losing their RB to Achilles (name escaping me right now!) hurts BADLY

14. GoldBurgh

Dec 31, 2022

Most understood that the post is laughing at the "Kenny sucks" crowd.

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Got it and agree. I failed to see the implied green font. ;)

16. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    That is what makes this so hard. At the end of the 1st half Tomlin goes turtle, some were going nuts on a YT channel chat, but come on..you got the lead and 47 seconds left from your own 20, with the way this O has played...yes you go turtle there. Things start to gel and you even look decent in the 3rd, then what???. It's here when you show you can get enough first downs, and while still being safe get close enough to let Boz do his magic, while glad for the win, like others I want some breathing room instead of holding my breath and heart, lol.

As for officiating, yes they suck, but it was hardly just the Steelers, throughout the day there were PI's called and not called, a Ref looking at feet in bounds by a foot when the pass was caught and saying it was out..and on and on.. fans will yell, Goodell will smile and say they are the best, and the gamblers will wonder if the refs are controlled by Draft Kings, kik.

• Like Like x 1
  17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Slight improvement is still improvement.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I don't want to believe that, but it certainly LOOKS like it. To be scripted you have to have nearly the entire league, owners, coaches, players and officials in some conspiracy..it's just to complicated. To put a team in a situation to cover points is far less complicated and far less involved. But even then, most if not all officials have professional jobs on the side, Lawyers, CPA's, to risk everything for the pennies they get (compared to what the league brings in), besides even if only a few had decent morality and ethics, somebody would be talking.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I couldn’t believe they went for it on 4th down and not kicked the east FG. Their coach is an idiot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Some Cowher ball near the end. For how many years have we watched our defense go soft. Hate it

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

When Kenny goes to three Super Bowls and wins at least two of them we can talk about what he has accomplished that Roethlisberger never could.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Is there a point here

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. francobettis

francobettis Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    - don't forget about the GREAT Mike Tomczak did it in 1994 when the Raiders were in LA LA Land

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm: