1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

ANY SUGGESTIONS TO FIX THIS STAGNANT OFFENSE

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelpens65, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They ran play action, which was silly given that there was no running game for the Browns to respect most of the night.

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Yes, Washington was out there quite a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tweezer

Tweezer Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Best call of the night was the Kenny keeper on 3rd down. :roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Why Jones?...Myles Garrett, one of the best players in the League...Got shut out

5. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I know it has been stated before, but I say fire Canada and hire Todd Haley. The only knock-on Haley was he designed an offense that kept Ben upright and prevented him from being a gunslinger.

6. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    And the rest of the OL was terrible. Jones is easily one of the 5 best OL on the team and they took him very high in the draft. He can't be standing on the sidelines.

7. Steelers-MT

Steelers-MT Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2017
    I said over and over this offseason we needed more WR's. I know some of the blame is on Pickett but with Johnson out the WRs are terrible except for Pickens.

8. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

we can run play action all day long, Kenny is not accurate. it is a PROBLEM

9. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

agreed. crack genius coaching staff at work again.....

10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    True, but in the meantime it should would be great if at least one man could do his job.

11. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

so.....where the HECK are the TE's in this offense? 88 and others were INVISIBLE

12. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

and INVISIBLE. Candaduh sucks, no SCHEME in getting these guys open (TE's , in this case)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

yep, you could have said this September 2021.....and 22.

he sucks

14. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    The offense is flawed by design.

15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess Todd doesn't have a lot else going on. Last I checked his local high school had relieved him of his assistant OC job.

There's always Randy.

16. TRUCK

TRUCK Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    We need a new OC first and foremost. KP absolutely needs to be better but Canada's plays are fooling nobody. The third and short play calling was atrocious. Our players looked more clumsy and confused than the defense was. It was almost as if the Browns' defense were the ones who called the play and the offense was trying to catch up with what they wanted us to run. It will be hard to tell what KP can be until we have a coherent offensive scheme that makes the defense guess sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Don't fool yourself, Garrett effected plenty of plays last night. Just didn't get sacks but he ran past Moore more than once.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Unless we just want to blow up the season, it’s too late to fire the OC snd bring in someone new. If we fire him now, we are still running the same scheme just ‘maybe’ improve situational play calling. But even that is minimal improvement if KP doesn’t improve his accuracy. He can’t hit a crossing route on a bet.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    How about we just use last night.
    One is running primarily on 1st, and 2nd down....if You don't see the difference in the D that is being run when one is in, and the other is in...well I'm wasting My time. Way easier to run on a 3rd down passing down.
    On top of all that....still Najee had more yards on less carries than Warren last night.
    Also did You see what happened when they depended on Warren to pick up the blitz???
    Also did You see what yards Warren got on His only 1st down carry.
    I seriously wonder what people are looking at when they watch a game. LoL

20. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    If you think Najee is playing well I don’t know what the hell you are watching :thumbs_up:

He’s a slow plodding runner who can’t hit the hole with any decisiveness

Warren does need to clean up his blocking I’ll give you that.

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Never mind. That what You got out of what I said. LoL.
    Ok..I will make it simple....why did Najee have more rushing yards on less carries than Warren???

22. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    I think there are a few flaws with the coaching. The play design may be if the least. I think the proper play calls in the proper context of the flow of the game in addition coaching up the blocking. We literally called the same two plays on our first drive in the SF game but they blocked it differently and had success with their offense and we did not have success. I just feel like there is a lack of understanding on Canadas part relative to the game at the NFL level.

you had a HOF QB in Ben albeit at the end of his career look not to good in Canadas offense and you now have free agent acquisitions like Seamalu struggling within the system where as he flourished in Philadelphia.

I feel like we’re trying to run a version of what SF is doing but our coaches are ill equipped to coach these guys up within that system. We can’t possibly judge Kenny Pickett until we get a better OC and affiliate coordinators in place.

look at Baker Mayfield or the QB in Seattle now. If you have a good system in place with good coaching it makes a world of difference.
    I always thought in Cleveland it was the coaches and not Baker Mayfield. Not saying he is great but to put everything on the QB is unfair.

regarding Najee something just isn’t right. He still dances to much instead of just going forward. He loses all his power and explosion when he tries to dance. I think he also has to play mad. That seems like he plays his best when threatened by losing playing time to Warren.

in addition they have to start playing the Rookies more. I would like to see Broderick Jones in there. JPJ needs to start over Levi Wallace.

23. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Myles Garrett is one of the top 3 Defensive players in the NFL ( and has been )

Garrett had one Tackle! Of course he had some pressures! But Moore had an outstanding Game against him AGAIN...

Some people on here , Keep screaming the same thing over and over again...AND, If they have others agree with them...They mark it as Gospel...

2 biggest..." Get rid of Canada, Canada Sucks....Canada blah blah blah "

It's Pickett, He Stinks..

" Play the new shiny toy Broderick Jones "
    Because we want to see him play, So that's what we're gonna keep saying

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Because he’s awesome

Warren sucks

I stand corrected thank you

Warren outshined him 86-43 or passing doesn’t count blah blah blah

25. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    The world wonders where the play action is. There were a few times after a couple of good runs we should have ran play action as the safeties and DB's were coming down hill and we just went to the well and ran it again and ran it east west. Canada sucks and its going to hurt a full evaluation of KP this year because there will be some thought as to the OC's lack of scheme.