1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mendenhall comments. Whet a brain!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CK 13, Dec 20, 2012.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Mendenhall made no apologies for skipping the Dec. 9 game at Heinz Field, an action that resulted in a one-week suspension (and loss of $41,000 in salary) from Tomlin that ended Monday.
    "I'm really not trying to go back into that," Mendenhall said. "It's good to be back."
    But when told that Tomlin used the word "frustration" to describe how Mendenhall felt, the halfback disputed that.
    "I wouldn't use that word," Mendenhall said about his reasons for not attending the game. "There's a lot of thought that goes into everything that I do."
    Mendenhall practiced Wednesday. Tomlin has not indicated whether Mendenhall will dress Sunday against Cincinnati.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...rterback-offers-apology-667022/#ixzz2FamYr96S

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "There's a lot of thought that goes into everything I do" ???????

I soured on this bum the minute he came out and decried the killing of Bin Laden.

Now this.

I can't wait untill he doesn't don the Black and Gold anymore.

He is a dime a dozen! Hope they don't dress him for the remainder of the season. Bum!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    What a tool.....glad when he is gone

3. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I don't think there is a lot of thought that goes into how he can secure the football better.

If this jackwad wasn't a professional football player he probably wouldn't even be able to hold a job at Taco Bell.

4. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You do realize the most fumbles he's had on any season is 3? And that our current "God Sent" Dywer and Redman already have 5+ on the year combined and we're not in the playoffs yet?

5. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    He still doesn't hold the ball correctly though IMO.
    It's always away from his body.

6. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    If he put in a lot of thought into giving up $41,000 to not stand around in comfortable sweat pants for 3 hours...he's not worth a cent.

7. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You gotta love Socrates. Always thinking.

8. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    If Mendy knows this will be his last yr.wearing B&G I don't think it's wise for him to be on the field sunday keep him seated. Got to wonder whats tossing around in his head. Just seying!

9. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I watched the interview, yesterday. The man is moving forward from where he is, now. The reporters are trying to stir up BS.

I'd like to mention the reporters asked him whether he'd be starting, or expected to. He merely replied he would continue to prepare, and be available if his team needed him.

Also, it should be noted that his teammates are not mad him.

I love how everyone is so pissed about his Bin Laden comments. :lolol:

Why don't you try contacting him about it? I'm sure he'd be more than happy to have a discussion about it.

No? Just hatred and judgement. Mob mentality.

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I've never had a problem with Mendy until his recent behavior, skipping the game was the last straw. His comments on Bin Laden have nothing to do with it for me.

11. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    If he wants another team to pick him, it would be in his best interest to be on the field and performing his best. If he goes out there and doesn't put any effort into it, it will reflect badly on him and although someone else will still pick him up next year, he's got a shot at a better contract if he shows he can still play well instead of halfway working at it.

12. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    Agree that he shouldn't have skipped the game. However, the Steelers organization levied a punishment which he accepted. They're all past it, now. And Mendy's back in the mix. So, I can let it go, also.

I gotcha @ Bin Laden comments.

13. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    Well, at this point, it is what it is. He's just going to have to make the most of where he is, now.

14. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    I think Mendy, given a good front line unlike ours, could be dangerous. Let's face it, our line is not good.

15. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    This year, at least mid-season, they were blocking much better. I think that was when Adams was at RT.

Mendy was effective the last couple seasons with a terrible O-Line. Behind this one, which is getting slightly better, I think Mendy would put up good numbers and solidify the run game.

I hope the FO recognizes this.

Dwyer and Redman have had an entire season to prove that they will make good career back-ups.

Give the ball to Mendenhall.

16. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    I'm good with that as long as he wouldn't ruin our day! though after hearing CT's PC T said maybe getting Mendy into the rotation.. reading between the lines i think he sits.

17. SteelersWin!

SteelersWin! Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Yes! Exactly. Its good to see that some of us will be dissappointed if Mendenhall isn't a Steeler next year.

18. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    Definitely. I understand the excitement about Redman, last year, and Dwyer, this year. However, together, behind a better O-Line, they haven't had anywhere near the production Mendy's had behind a worse O-Line. It just is what it is...

Mendenhall is the man, at RB. And I was confounded at him not being put back in at feature, once he was healthy. Watching him run vs. Dwyer and Redman, in the game against Philly was like comparing the PS3 to the Super Nintendo. And, yet... he sits. :lolol:

19. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    its tough to say Dywer hasnt been productive. he had back to back 100 yard games and then they stopped giving him the ball. sorry, but 8 or 9 carries a game isnt going to get it done.

20. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    He's not getting the ball because he's not doing anything with it when he does get it. He looks so painfully slow out there.

21. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I've warned you before about that dangerous use of actual evidence!

Rukus is absolutely correct on this. Given how much some fans want to talk about the hard-nosed "Steeler way", they seem to get awfully riled up by media reports kicking and screaming about very little. And Mendenhall remains our best option at RB.

22. rukus4ever

Oct 24, 2011
    Yep. Dwyer does a good job at bouncing off tackles and making a second effort. But he can't keep that pace up for a whole game. And neither can Redman. They definitely can't keep it up for successive games. So they stop giving them the ball, or try to give Rainey some snaps. And Rainey needs a break after a few solid hits (that make me think he's going to snap in half, btw :lolol: ). Mendenhall took that for successive seasons and was scoring 9 TDs on the season and getting near 1000 yds rushing. The two backs everyone has been drooling over since last year hasn't come close to those numbers, combined.

Tomlin and Co. keep saying Mendy isn't preparing, properly. I wonder what that means specifically.

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Not much different than some of the fans quiting on the team, leaving games early, saying the are done with the team because we are having a tough season, give up the season for better draft picks. I could go on. The guy got benched for God knows what and he's pissed. Probably didn't handle it the best way, but he was docked his pay and sounds like he and Tomlin have put it behind them.

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Fans quitting on the team doesn't remotely effect them. I wonder how many people would be giving Ben a pass if he pulled the stunt Mendy did and said the **** he did in that article.

25. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Nope, Ben wouldn't get a pass at all, especially from me, but you can bet your ass I'd want him back in the starting lineup because he would give us the best chance to win. Mendy gives us the best chance to establish a running game. I have no idea what some of you think Mendy is going to do if he gets in the starting lineup. It's like you think he's going to intentionally fumble the ball away so the Steelers lose. That's just not going to happen. He's going to go in there and play to the best of his abilities. Even if he plays with no heart like some say, he's still better than Dwyer.