1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

On a scale of 1-10 how concerned are you about Pickett's play going forward?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 11, 2023.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 I care what dogs think of me. That’s about it.

Oct 26, 2011

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  2. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Diontae Johnson out a few weeks with hamstring.

I'm upgrading this to 20.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    My concern for QB play always starts at 3. Remains at 3.

4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Who is DJ's replacement? Allen Robinson or CAIII?

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    CA3 should be. He played mostly outside.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If this were not week 1 and not the 49ers.

Lot of people think the 49ers are the #1 defense and judging by what I witnessed I would say yeah.

If this was the Texans or Cardinals who came to town and he played like that. I but much more concerned.

Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, and slew of QBs you might say are good had horrible weekends.

Add Kenny to that bunch for bad outings this past weekend.

Not like we didn't ever see Ben have a turd of day it happens. But Kenny sure needs to bounce back in a big way and after one week it looks like the Browns defense is no Joke itself.

7. Born2Steel

Jul 7, 2023
    We have to stop comparing Kenny to Ben. 2 different guys that play 2 different styles. KP is not going to stay in the pocket and take hits, or roll out of the pocket undesigned to extend plays downfield. Kenny needs to get rid of the ball quicker and scramble for yards when things break down. Both styles can work.

8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I agree with you but a couple of my nosey friends visit this board pretty much to F with me. The kindly (not really) ask me to tell you that their Eagles are the best team in NFC until proved otherwise they are the NFC Champs.

9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Would have been funnier if you used "Pi".

10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    49ers have a better roster than the Eagles, IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    1st ....as I have said a billion times on here .....I still don't see what everyone sees in J. Allen. Of course I get laughed at everytime I say this, but then I got laughed at when I said it was a big mistake bringing in Matt Canada, Hiring Trubisky, and not spending a 1st round pic on a CB since Haden got old. Ben only ran when He had to....buying time to throw down field, and running are two completely different things, but some still can't understand this. It's why people are judging Qbs by how fast they are. LoL. How ridiculous is that. LoL. It's like judging Rbs on how well they throw the ball. LoL
    It's also how a Guy like Purdy made it till the 7th round in today's NFL.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Somewhere around 6-7. We really didn’t see anything of value in the preseason and once faced with a real test he struggled to say the least. Was it just a really bad day or will his struggles vs zone continue? Only time will tell. My best guess is the Steelers will give him this season and next to figure it out. If he doesn’t then he’s our next Landry/Rudolph and we are back to square one

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Not quite sure what my post had to do with Josh Allen. Or any other QB in the league not named Kenny Pickett. It was more of a joke than anything. I'm well aware what your stance is on running QBs. It's been covered quite extensively.

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL.
    Let Me ask You a question, and answer honestly. What happened everytime Purdy threw behind His targets, or missed them????
    You can go back, and look, but I will help You.....
    We actually got a stop, and forced a punt. Again there were guys open that He didn't see, and didn't hit. Its right on the dang game for all who want to see . I very seriously dislike Canada(anyone that was on this board when we got Him can attest to this), but that game is not on him. It does no good to scheme people open if Your Qb can't see them, or throw to them.
    Again is it not funny that Qbs that are not good, and I'm not putting KFP in this group yet(He is still too young) the 1st excuses on every team is the OC, or coach. I mean a big percentage of people on here told Me Trubiskys only problem was His HC, and Oc. LoL I heard the same about Kordell, Ryan Tannehill, and a bunch of other not so great Qbs.
    Yet Manning, Ben, Brady, Elway, and many others at the worst-case looked good with even their worst OCs. You either see the open guys ,or You don't....You either hit the open targets ,or You don't. If You can't do that....no OC, or coach will be able to get much out of You.

15. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    For me, it's still too early to tell. The sample size is far too small, combine that with the most vanilla offense in the league, it's not fair to Pickett. Yes he did miss some throws Sunday, if that continues to be a common occurrence, then we have a problem. But, if his play picks up and we are still scoring 17-20 points a game, I think we will know where the problem lies.

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Are You joking right now, or that forgetful????
    The freaking comment You quoted, and commented on using My name just was just mentioning J. Allen. LoL. Oh Geez!!!:shrug::roflmao:

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Passer rating is a made up stat. How about look at this. In Ben's very worst Year He had more TDs, and less turnovers than this current team has in a whole season, and one game with all our Qbs combined. Look at that. LoL

18. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Not trying to be difficult but I am still TBD until I see someone with an all 22 analysis isolating him with the SF Defense.

Kenny had that look like Tua had his 1st season where he was just dumping off to the flat and finally Fitzpatrick would come in to get some offense.

As an OC though...you would think that SF had a scheme that confused him and had his confidence shot so you would think he would dial him up high percentage completions.

On the flipside...he was simply off target or Canada called the right plays and Kenny was flat out ineffective.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    Deep breaths, man, deep breaths.

20. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    On point and if there is anything to the notion his head was woozy from that sack then I have a red alert all shields up 9 if he is concussion prone. To me though his timing looked off and it was in preseason speed vs full game speed mode. The long layoff put his timing off and seriously would love to know how SF prepared last week to shake off the layoff rust vs what we did. So I'm a 4 right now as well.

• Like Like x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL :lolol:. I don't need them...it's seems You do....., or was I incorrect, and You didn't comment with my name from a comment that was talking about J. Allen, and then asking Me why I brought up J. Allen???:shrug:

22. METALMAN_68

Jan 4, 2022
    Let it go man, it was just a joke.

23. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    It's a 9 for me. I saw nothing good this game. Hope I'm wrong.

24. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    this is true, Ben did have some real clunkers. But Ben instilled confidence early in his career with AMAZING heroics. we saw that twice last year from Kenny, the LV and Balt games. We will see.

50/50 on him right now.

Ben had the benefit of a HOF laden #1 Defense too , for years. Kenny......does not. and Ben had great coaches (and mentors) around him. Kenny....does not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    The offensive line got owned. Yes Kenny was terrible and missed throws but the O Line was another issue all together.