1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs. Buffalo Chips Preseason Game Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Quadrupleyoi, Aug 19, 2023.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Why because I said they both played poorly , and both had passes that shouldn't have been throw??? LoL :shrug:
    Sorry I'm not picking one over the other on that last game they both played. Hey , but You be You:thumbs_up:

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That is bound to happen with the limited carries they are getting. I won't be worried, or elated until I've seen some of the regular season games. I'm not disagreeing with You, or agreeing with You .....Yet. LoL

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I wrote for a number of reasons. One was that I accurately described the play, but you responded by saying I need to watch it again. I did that. Washington had outside position on the linebacker. The safety wasn't close enough to make a play on the ball in time. It wasn't a bad read. It was a poor throw. He needed to get it higher and closer to the sideline. If you want to criticize Trubisky for trying it under pressure, I can see that, but to claim that my description of the play wasn't accurate is just more of your hatred of Trubisky.

That play was not like the two balls Rudolph threw that should have been intercepted. Both times, either he telegraphed a throw so a defender was able to get a great jump on it or he was baited into a bad decision by a defender who read the play perfectly. Neither throw was under pressure. He just made poor reads both times. The receivers ran their routes properly. The protection was there. He just screwed up against scrubs.

Trubisky wasn't impressive, but he wasn't bad, either. Rudolph managed to throw two balls that should have been interceptions in only seven attempts. He wasn't throwing down the field, either. His best gain was a short pass to the flat with the back doing most of the work to get 22 yards. That you think those are equivalent performances just shows your bias.

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah you need to watch the play again . They were both on him before the ball even got there. That's why the penalty. It should never have been thrown there, but again....You be You.

5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    No, the linebacker was on him before the ball got there. The safety came in late, which is why he had a shot at the ball on the deflection. Seriously, your desperation to defend Rudolph and bash Trubisky is messing with your mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Next season when Rudolph is packing groceries (that was for you Metalman) STD will be reminiscing about the great Reindeer and how all the NFL GM’s were foolish to let the grocery store steal him away.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 8
  7. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Gawdamn Kurt Warner.......

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

9. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Now that's funny! A little below the belt, but funny!:lolol:

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Watch again they are both there before the ball got there. This has nothing to do with Mason. Again for You slow MFs.....I think both backups played terrible last game.....both had a couple of good throws, and both had a few bad bad decisions. I'm not happy with either as a backup after that game.

11. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Speaking of good pre-season teams the Ravens had their 25 game win streak broken last night by the Redskins.(Yes I will always call them the Redskins).

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well eventually that will happen, and once He is not in the Black, and Gold I won't think twice about him. Although....you have been predicting this for like what 3 years now.....so eventually You will be correct. :thumbs_up:
    I actually think some of You don't read well. I've said they both looked like crap in the last game, and I'm scared for either of them as a backup after that last game. They both threw ill-advised passes.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Guy who doesnt have basic reading comprehension is questioning others ability.

I said when the Steelers are done with him he will be out of football.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ok whatever. I will only argue so far with someone that can kick Me off the board, or I would take this farther. So....whatever You say

15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Everybody understood your point. Disagreeing with you doesn't mean people didn't understand. In this case, it means you are wrong. Trubisky was fine. Not great, but fine. Rudolph was not. You can't have a six-year veteran playing against third stringers in a preseason game and have two of his even attempts end up on the hands of defenders.

Also, your description of the play is not accurate. It was the linebacker who ran into him before the ball got there. Rudolph was in trouble and tried to give Washington a shot against a linebacker, but he threw it too far inside and low. The safety arrived after the ball.

16. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    Assuming he’s the primary backup, if called upon, MT’s going to be on a short leash. Wouldn’t be surprised in the least if he’s replaced by the ‘bag boy’ a game or two in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh geez dude Im not going to kick you off the board. Not for that! You’d pretty much have to go postal to work your way off this board.

But you’ve been throwing a lot of condensation my way, you deserved a little clap back ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    Wimp

Push the edge see how far it bends

19. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    My physical therapist (shoulder issue) is a Chicago area native and a humongous sports fan. We discuss pro football ad nauseum. His book on Mitch is that he is much better when he doesn't have to think as much, for example in a no huddle situation. He seemed to think that he would have been much further along than he is now having backed up Josh Allen for a year. He sees what we see, a competent second string QB that you hope doesn't have to start more than a handful of games a year.

As far as Rudolph is concerned, I like the guy simply because he doesn't rock the boat. As a player his upside is right where he is, as a third stringer. He has never really improved any of the negative issues on his scouting report. Poor footwork, poor pocket awareness, staring down receivers, etc. I would think that if this is his last year here, he likely might catch on with another NFL team or maybe even bounce around for a few years. Beyond that, Mason is as good as he's ever going be, I'm afraid. That said, no matter where he ends up after he's gone from the Steelers, I wish him the best. Seems like a good dude.

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No....I Love this stupid board, and 97% of everyone on here....even @Blast Furnace , and @Formerscribe .....even if everything I say they disagree with. So I don't want to be kicked off. It's like when I punched My bosses brother in the mouth.....the only reason I didn't punch My boss instead was because I Loved my job. So his brother had to take one for the family. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ok. LoL

22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    These commentators are the worst I ever heard

• Like Like x 1